It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! Empty
PostSubject: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:59 pm

So, I'm starting to honestly believe Calypso is as redneck as could possibly be as a dog. :/

I think at around 7-8 weeks, the breeder starting letting the puppies run around her massive grounds, and sleep at night with their mom in her outdoor kennel. Lord, makes me think...could there be something to that??

Do you all think the puppy's personality could be slightly altered by something as simple as that?

She's a DEMON SEED compared to Neptune. Makes me want to cry, and think what on Earth was I thinking to let Ty get her???

I would be SO happy with one dog. I'm a one dog person...could huskies be happy alone??

Ty was convinced Neptune would be better with a companion.

Trying to figure out how to implement NILIF simultaneously, when one dog is an angel and the other is always exhibiting bad behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Huskies are pack animals like most dogs, and would probably be perfectly fine alone, but I'm guessing they'd be even happier with a playmate.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Embry was really depressed being along after he hit 1 year. He was fine alone as a puppy but as he got older and was used to being around dogs at the dog park I can't imagine him being alone now. Zoey drives me nuts half the time with her horrible behavior, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Embry was really depressed being along after he hit 1 year. He was fine alone as a puppy but as he got older and was used to being around dogs at the dog park I can't imagine him being alone now. Zoey drives me nuts half the time with her horrible behavior, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

lol!

It must be a girl thing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Mermaidista wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

lol!

lol I can honestly tell you, I really never, ever want another female dog after her. She has such an attitude!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I think most dogs prefer some canine company, but huskies especially so. We only had Ghost for a few weeks before we realized that he couldn't really be an only dog. We got another dog as a friend for him (tho not a husky).

As for those early weeks and a puppy's personality, I think it's quite possible. The first few months of a puppy's life are very important for socialization and that's why they have to meet as many people and go to as many places as possible etc in those early days. So the way the breeder looked after the puppy could easily have an effect on his personality. But the NILIF training you are doing now will have an effect too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Maximus Nakedus
Newborn
Newborn
Maximus Nakedus

Male Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 am

lol
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 am

My male has been twice a needy as my female was! Remember Eddie (Martin's little dog) from the TV show "Frasier"? He would just sit and stare at Frazier... Well, that's what Sabaka does to my hubby... ALL evening. The minute Bob sits down Sabaka is there staring at him!!

He's also an absolute fruit cake and cannot seem to EVER get enough exercise! If I had time for multiple 3-5 mile hikes daily, then MAYBE he would calm down, but I doubt it!

Tuesday I picked up my son from school and we took Sabaka walking on some park trails. We walked for probably an hour and a half. Then we hit up Petsmart for some new toys. Following all that with a trip back to school where he got to visit with some of his favorite (well, everyone who breathes is a favorite) teens. After all this, he was still nutty, demanding attention from us during dinner, doing the "Eddie stare" later on, zoomies through the house...

I think you roll the dice and sometimes get a freakazoid... affraid
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Mermaidista wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

lol!

lol I can honestly tell you, I really never, ever want another female dog after her. She has such an attitude!

Ugh, yes!! Mya has the biggest attitude EVER! I love her and wouldn't trade for her anything either though. Kody is just such a sweety! Then again he's so mischievous!!! He was definitely worse as a puppy than Mya was. That's for sure!!!

Mya was perfectly fine being alone those 4 years that we had her before getting Kody, but now she has him I see how much she actually needed a buddy. Even though she has a love hate relationship with him I know that she would be very upset if he weren't around anymore.
Back to top Go down
bott6654
Puppy
Puppy
bott6654

Male Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Maximus Nakedus wrote:
lol
Lol.
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I feel like Calypso is the normal one and Neptune is the freak of nature. They're supposed to drive you nuts ! I know Atka does though he is getting better.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Mermaidista wrote:

You may be right. Dakota can be a holy terror at times and Demon is laid back and sweet (unless he's protecting himself from his li'l sis). Dakota recently has started staring at hubby for no reason too... it's quite amusing because it makes hubby self conscious! lol
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Lainaloo wrote:
I feel like Calypso is the normal one and Neptune is the freak of nature. They're supposed to drive you nuts ! I know Atka does though he is getting better.

Hahaha!!! He's is so chill isn't he???!

Well, Calypso can be very cuddly and sweet...but she's always the first one to chew up anything she can find that ISN'T hers...dive into mud puddles (which Neptune promptly avoids!), and she's just a terrorist around here! Neptune doesn't dig..yet anyway...her forget about it

She's like one of those from the Redneck Woman song!
'Cause I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raising
I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'

I can see her riding on her tractor, spitting her chew, and being confused for a black/white husky. Wink

Hoping the NILIF will do wonders for her.

Good point, too, Jennet...I bet that Neptune could be crabby as he got older without another playmate.

And good news...a few approved apps at SHRF...one wants Bodhi! WOOT WOOT!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Hasn't anyone wondered why after Mishka I seemed to have only gotten boys?! LOL

I love my girls, but 2 is MORE than sufficient!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

arooroomom wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Could it be age rather than gender?
Every husky that I've had (and I've had three) was a holy terror from about 4 months to 2-3 years.
They all have been "only" dogs, two males and one female.

Bodhi is 2 and a half and calming down. We go weeks now without finding chewed up toilet paper rolls, drool covered socks, or chewed up head lamps.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Is the foster helping to train her? Chili was a huge help in training Frosti when we got her - he growled at her every time she broke house rules (tried to counter surf, tried to get on the sofa, tried to escape, wouldn't listen to commands, etc <sigh> ). The rescue we got them from actually won't place puppies without an adult dog in the house to train them (not that Frosti was a puppy - but she was 1 1/2 years old and not well trained).
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm

arooroomom wrote:

lol!

jalepeno wrote:
Could it be age rather than gender?
Every husky that I've had (and I've had three) was a holy terror from about 4 months to 2-3 years.
They all have been "only" dogs, two males and one female.

Bodhi is 2 and a half and calming down. We go weeks now without finding chewed up toilet paper rolls, drool covered socks, or chewed up head lamps.

Ah! Thank you for the hope Michael!! LOL

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Is the foster helping to train her? Chili was a huge help in training Frosti when we got her - he growled at her every time she broke house rules (tried to counter surf, tried to get on the sofa, tried to escape, wouldn't listen to commands, etc <sigh> ). The rescue we got them from actually won't place puppies without an adult dog in the house to train them (not that Frosti was a puppy - but she was 1 1/2 years old and not well trained).

Eh, not so much. LOL. We don't know Bodhi's background, and it's likely he is pretty young still himself. Luckily, he's a doll, doesn't chew anything. He doesn't seem to know ANY commands. I finally just got him to understand "sit". Ah, got my work cut out for me!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Sounds like Bodhi is close to finding his forever home - maybe foster an older husky next? Wink It'll be like having a NANNY!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Omg dont even get me started on Zoey and the digging, the drywall eating, the blanket chewing, begging, everything! She was the best puppy though, didnt have any accidents, still hasnt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!   SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt! Empty

Back to top Go down

SMH. My Redneck Dog is kicking my butt!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1