It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Ashleymarie9807 wrote:
The shelters in NYC want 450 to adopt a dog under 6 months Shocked .

That's just stupid! What's their euthanasia rate? Just one more glaring example of government / taxpayer funded ineptitude. Can't stand the way most municipal shelters are run in this country.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 pm

I flag any C/list ads over $100.......................... screw em.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:52 pm

My pup cost me 300, BUT he comes with free vet care until he turns one so I think it was worth it, his neuter and shots are all covered .Also I placed the ad looking for a husky puppy, the lady contacted me, she never placed an ad trying to sell him.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Brian, yes that was my thoughts exactly, My father is retired, has a yard and a beautiful park down the block, but he was not paying $450 as an "Adoption Fee"
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:55 pm

I've seen many Huskies on CL in the Chicago area for rehoming fees of 300-400. I think that is kind of high when you can get one from a breeder for 500-600, or get one at a shelter. I don't think it is unreasonable to charge a $200 rehoming fee on CL. It is not so much to get money for them, but to weed out the undesirable people wanting a Husky that should not have one at all. If you ask for 50 bucks or nothing at all you are going to get ALOT of responses, and you could end up giving your pup away to an abuser.

Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I also agree with the $200 fee just because if you really want the pup, you'll pay that. Its harder for people to get $200 than it is to get $50. But I think higher than $200 is absurd. Especially the ads that are like, $800 for a 7 year old. To me, that's just trying to make money off the breed. I've considered a couple between $200 and $300 and they usually include toys some food and a crate. If they include the crate, I figure it's a good investment because I could find a cheaper dog, yes, but I'll just end up paying the difference for the crate anyway.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 pm

calliegirl08 wrote:
I also agree with the $200 fee just because if you really want the pup, you'll pay that. Its harder for people to get $200 than it is to get $50. But I think higher than $200 is absurd. Especially the ads that are like, $800 for a 7 year old. To me, that's just trying to make money off the breed. I've considered a couple between $200 and $300 and they usually include toys some food and a crate. If they include the crate, I figure it's a good investment because I could find a cheaper dog, yes, but I'll just end up paying the difference for the crate anyway.

I agree 100%. When I was looking I found the perfect puppy and they came back and said they wanted 800 dollars to rehome him. I told them no thank you and flagged their post! I figure the fee is only to weed out some people, plus the cost for the items that you give with the pup, not to make money off them.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Things I shouldn't do: Look at Huskies on Craigslist
Things I'm doing: Looking at Huskies on Craigslist

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pet/3262351905.html Glad to see they're at least making an attempt to let people know what they're getting into.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pet/3262642843.html
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/pet/3260270422.html He's also listed on rescueme i think.

Can I just take them all?
Back to top Go down
tfaigle
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm

calliegirl08 wrote:
Things I shouldn't do: Look at Huskies on Craigslist

Can I just take them all?

I guess you could but I I'm pretty sure you'd have problems with animal control, neighbors, etc lol!

BTW I couldn't read the first link. The second one was a cutie, and the last one made me sad reading why those folks are giving him up!
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Haha pshh I can take animal control! I'll have a pack of dogs backing me up! Ha!

The first link is two females, black and white blahblah "New homes must have a fenced in yard, or they must be taken on walks. This breed will run away, and might not return. Must have some knowledge of the Husky breed. Re-homing fee is $100 each. They can stay together or be separated." Doesnt say why they're giving them up though. UTD on shots, one's spayed one isn't. No age listed. They're beautiful girls though.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:52 pm

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/pet/3246381974.html

she looks soooo scared in the pic
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh boy what they going to come up with next.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pet/3287588813.html

14 of them. Shocked

From the ad:

south african boerboel / Giant alaskan malamute mix puppies ready to go in october! email for more info! leave a number to reach u or no repky thanks. there is a rehoming fee! please know about both breeds if interested! thanks

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 pm

14? Wow! The posting was flagged so I couldn't see the ad.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 am

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pet/3288353205.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3282307510.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3287767053.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3270263359.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3262892199.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3287876439.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3270232166.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pet/3279302732.html

edit: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pet/3288337102.html

DEPOSITS $200 THAT ARE NON REFUNDABLE AHAHA $$700!?!?!
WOW.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 am

I flagged the last of the 4 week old puppies........4-6 Gawd Damn Weeks frickin jerks

Flagged the $700 & $350 ones also.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 am

Here4thePics wrote:
I flagged the last of the 4 week old puppies........4-6 Gawd Damn Weeks frickin jerks

Flagged the $700 & $350 ones also.

Not taking up for them by any means, because I surely don't agree with their practice! I think, what the person meant in the ad is they are four weeks now and won't be ready for another 6 weeks, which would put them at 10 weeks when they would leave. Still wrong they are breeding none the less. Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:16 pm

So I've been on Craigslist recently (a lot of influence from this topic) and the other day I came across an ad for 2 pure bred 11 week old husky pups that the owner was trying to re-home. So my curiosity got the best of me and I emailed them. I got a pretty noticeably automated response giving the story to why they couldn't keep the puppies, etc., etc. They weren't asking for money, they just wanted to find a home that would give these puppies the attention and love they need, which yeah, that sounds like a good reason.

So I replied back with the information they wanted i.e. if you had kids, do you have a vet, where do you live (was vague with this answer), when would you be able to take the puppies, etc. I also asked for pictures and if they were willing to separate the puppies, because there's no way I could handle two 11 week old husky puppies.

I finally got a reply back this morning.

Now, I live in Bourg, Louisiana and this ad was posted in the Houma Craigslist. The "owner" finally replied with some pictures of the puppies (one male, one female) and that they would consider me as a potential home. Here's the kicker, they're in WASHINGTON. Now, I'm not entirely sure why someone who is trying to re-home two puppies would post an ad in another city that is clearly nowhere near. This is what answered my question whether this ad was a scam or not. I could go pick them up 2,600+ miles away OR have them shipped to me for $300 (one) or $600 (for both). Now I know airlines charge close to that for shipping but I'm thinking this is where the scam comes in.

Here's the email they replied to me with this morning:

Quote :
Hello ,
We have resolved to consider you adopt our puppies since you
have accepted our conditions.well we have decided to give you our puppies.
As such, we are putting our trust in you and hope that this will
not result to any shame.Well we are not charging anything for the
puppies , they are for adoption .We are presently located in
Seattle,Ballard, WA,where i am residing but will gladly welcome you
into our new home to come and pick up the puppies . As such we will
like to know when you will be coming so that we
an arrange to direct and welcome you.

Alternatively, if you will prefer that we arrange for the puppies to be
shipped and delivered to your home address in just a day and all you
will be paying is just for the flight tickets of the puppies which
will
cost you 300$ for one puppy and 600$ for both puppies, then it is
all up to you deciding and
letting us know.
Waiting to hear from you
Regards

Needless to say, I told them I couldn't take the puppies because there's no way I'm risking flying to Washington or paying $300 for one to be shipped to me when I have no idea how legit this is. If it happens to not be a scam, I hope someone does manage to give these puppies a home closer to that area.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:38 pm

If its not a scam its probably a BYB.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm

the grammer and phraseing in the reply email scream scam to me. It has the same tone and feel as those nigerian emails about free money if you just pay the fees.i would flag their post and warn others. I have a feeling if you send them money for plane ticket you will never hear from them again. and if you offer to send a physical plane ticket for the puppy they will have some reason they can't use it and insist they need the money.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I've been getting a lot of replies to my tutoring offer with the same poor grammar and odd formatting. The person is always states away and needing tutoring for their child at any time of day. I probably would have fallen for it if I didn't get several of the same type of message. Skip that one!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Its a scam sponsored by your not so local Nigerian oil prince or something low like that. I recently read about a CL scam where you send the money and yep you receive nothing for your $'s.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

Quote :
Wanted!!! Husky puppy for a great new family!!! Pleaae contact me! (Caatleton)

Looking for well tempered husky puppy for my one year old son please send email with pics!!

Guys. Help. It hurts.
Back to top Go down
Joe S
Newborn
Newborn
Joe S

Male Join date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

calliegirl08 wrote:
Quote :
Wanted!!! Husky puppy for a great new family!!! Pleaae contact me! (Caatleton)

Looking for well tempered husky puppy for my one year old son please send email with pics!!

Guys. Help. It hurts.
Oh dear Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:53 pm

A puppy and a one year old are never a good idea..ITS A LOT OF WORK!!!! And we all know as soon as the puppy accidentally teethes on the baby and breaks his skin he is out the door....
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I mean, my family got our chi when my brother was only 1 but a chi is no husky. And we didn't get the puppy FOR him! He was one! All he wanted were toys that lit up and made funny sounds! Maybe if they went about it different but just the fact that that is the entire ad and they specifically say they want a husky for their one year old is a bit drastic. I think what they want for their kid is a kitten. Slightly less likely to get tossed out for wanting to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next