It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

are they talking to you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

are they talking to you Empty
PostSubject: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 pm

do you ever wonder if your dog is triing to tell you something??

So the other night around 4am river woke me up with his face directly in mine and breathing on me so okay he needs to go out and potty... so we do i go back to bed and he does the same thing but paws me this time and starts to jump on me but not in a playing manner like hes triing to tell me something, well since that night he has been sleeping with me all night and wont leave my side at night (and he never sleeps with me ) hes always on the couch last night i was a doggy sandwich and i had to kick him off the bed aroung 3am but he still had to be by my side so he layed on the floor by my bed. do you think hes triing to tell me something, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:51 pm

It's very possible or he just realized what he was missing out on not sleeping on a bed and cuddling.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 pm

iceblulady wrote:
It's very possible or he just realized what he was missing out on not sleeping on a bed and cuddling.

LOL that could be it
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Yep, I pay attention when my dogs act differently. We all know dogs can sense things, it just stinks not knowing what is up...worries me sometimes especially with all the stories of dogs detecting when bad things are happening or going to happen such as health problems like cancer, tumors, seizures, etc. I always make it a point to tell my hubby when I notice any of the dogs acting different in case something does happen. Yeah, I'm a worry wart. Of course when I got pregnant my sibe was stuck to me like glue...more so than he normally does. Razz

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Val, had Dakota led you on to maybe when Isabella will show up? Razz you will have to let us know if he does!

our 2 have mood swings like that when they have to be on top of everything we are doing, or being super cuddly, i think they just know when we need the extra support.

Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Yep, I pay attention when my dogs act differently. We all know dogs can sense things, it just stinks not knowing what is up...worries me sometimes especially with all the stories of dogs detecting when bad things are happening or going to happen such as health problems like cancer, tumors, seizures, etc. I always make it a point to tell my hubby when I notice any of the dogs acting different in case something does happen. Yeah, I'm a worry wart. Of course when I got pregnant my sibe was stuck to me like glue...more so than he normally does. Razz

I was thinking along those lines too, I told my hubby that dogs sense things and he looks at my like im crazy but im a worry wort also so i always thinkg of the worst
my hubby is heading to so cal in two weeks so thiers boxes everywhere i wonder if he thinks we are going to leave him Sad hes already had such a rough life i hope he doesnt think that
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 pm

The boxes and packing could be fueling it. No dog wants to be left behind and most of them know when people are packing to leave. Every time hubby packs to leave for his business trips Faith, who is normally super independent and the furthest thing from a lap dog, suddenly wants to be on top of him and doesn't want to leave his side...happens EVERY time. lol

Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 pm

but hes not cuddling him and its all his stuff, maybe hes being my support knowing hubby will be gone why can we just come up with a way to communicate with our animals it would make life so much easier LOL
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:29 pm

cbhart wrote:
do you ever wonder if your dog is triing to tell you something??

So the other night around 4am river woke me up with his face directly in mine and breathing on me so okay.....

do you think hes triing to tell me something, what do you guys think?

I think he wanted to tell you that Timmy fell in the well and needs to be saved. affraid

Poor Timmy he's been in there an awfully long time. are they talking to you 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
The boxes and packing could be fueling it. No dog wants to be left behind and most of them know when people are packing to leave. Every time hubby packs to leave for his business trips Faith, who is normally super independent and the furthest thing from a lap dog, suddenly wants to be on top of him and doesn't want to leave his side...happens EVERY time. lol
Koda gets SUPER attached to me when we start packing... in fact, we left this weekend and he did it again. And he doesn't just follow me around. His eyes actually get sad and he stares at me constantly. And Koda is MR. INDEPENDENT. He doesn't like to cuddle (except lately) and he doesn't show much of an attachment to us. But he will TOTALLY follow me around and stick to my side when we pack.

He's also gotten more cuddly in his old age... he's 5 now and has suddenly decided that he doesn't mind showing me almost constant affection.

are they talking to you Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 am

cbhart wrote:
but hes not cuddling him and its all his stuff, maybe hes being my support knowing hubby will be gone

He may not know whose stuff is packed, all he knows is stuff is getting packed which most dogs know means someone or everyone is leaving. And it's not just the visual cues either, he could be picking up on yours or your husband's emotional cues as well. If either of you is stressed out, upset, or nervous River could pick up on and react to it by being extra clingy. And if you combine the nerves with the packing, well you might just have a velcro dog for a little while. Razz

PostSubject: Re: are they talking to you   are they talking to you Empty

Back to top Go down

are they talking to you

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1