It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salyma
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world Empty
PostSubject: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm one of those weird Canadians. Smile

I don't have my husky currently (Just my sweet Chihuahua!) but I am bringing home a little boy or girl at the end of 2012. I'll be going through Alberta's "Silver Fox Kennels" and the litter is planned to be born September/October. I've done plenty of reading and just thought this would be a great way to cope with the wait and get ready even more!

I owned a Siberian Husky named Tika when I was little girl so this will be the second husky to come into my life. We lost Tika a week before my 14th birthday, very suddenly, at the age of 8 years. To this day I miss her and cherish the memories of her as that of a furry sister. However, after years without her, and a few without a snow dog, I've decided it's finally time to bring a husky back into my life.

I look forward to learning the forum, seeing all your gorgeous dogs and family members, and taking in the vast knowledge and experience shared here.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome! I bet your on pins and needles till you bring home your furbaby; I don't think I'd be able to wait that long! Shocked lol Do you know what the parents look like? Smile

Kale and I say HELLOOO from California Cool
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, which ones are going to be a parents? I'm sure it's going to be a hard wait!

Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I want to see what the parents look like too!!! Welcome, its so hard to wait for puppies!!
Back to top Go down
xxchristine
Puppy
Puppy
xxchristine

Female Join date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Welcome!! I'm excited for your new addition! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://xxchristine.tumblr.com
Salyma
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank you all! So far I only know who the Dam will be Kitsu since they haven't decided who will sire the next litter yet. Kitsu won't be ready to breed again until September/October but I'm hoping they decide soon so I can swoon over the Sire too! I was hoping to find an adoptable husky but all the ones I encountered were too high risk for my Chihuahua and cats, and this breeder seems to fit the bill and is close enough for me to visit and properly check out myself. This was Kitsu first litter for them back in September 2011. I'll get to visit and see them grow up before they come home so that's exciting too.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 pm

She's pretty! That's awesome that you'll be able to watch them grow up! I'm sure the breeder is thrilled that they will be able to get to know you so well. I know I'd be so worried sending off my puppies to their new homes! It's bad enough with the kittens I foster! lol.

Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum! I am out west in Vancouver. Kitsu is very pretty. I bet you can't wait to see who the sire is and then what the puppies are like. It's great that you will be able to visit them before bringing yours home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 pm

wave Welcome to the forum! How exciting! I love bringing in a new puppy but it's also the hardest stage of their lives to deal with...atleast for me. But, it's so worth it to watch them grow into their own.
Back to top Go down
Salyma
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:26 pm

@SaraB:
I agree, if I was to have to rehome an animal I'd want to get to know the person as much as possible! It was really a great experience having that with my Chihuahua. Not to mention, I get to know them, their methods and dogs as well.

@Ghost:
Oh, your Ghost is beautiful! Yes, I'm very excited. Although the pups won't be conceived for monthes yet, I'm hoping to visit Kitsu after April when my school semester finishes and I have a little more time for awhile.

@26nikita:
I agree, they're definitely alot to deal with. I'm a little nervous but I've done lots of preparing already and the breeder has been really wonderful to answer questions so I know they'll be happy to offer any advice I may need. Still, nothing will be as scary as raising a tiny chihuahua from a puppy, I've never seen anything so tiny! Smile It'll be very rewarding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world   Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing to re-enter the Siberian world

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1