It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Maybe im just being too optimistic but she is doing SO much better (day 2 of Rimadyl)
If her standing didn't look lop-sided like a lean and her legs didn't sometimes cross over then id be second guessing the surgery.

she wants to play and run she's full of energy again, however i know she shouldn't be running or playing.
Im kind of wondering if I stop the Rimadyl will she continue to try to walk/stand/play, or will she be once again reduced to a screaming mass of puppy..

Ugh it's so hard because she looks like she's improving but i know, in the long run she isn't.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 pm

She looks better because of the medicine. The medicine is working. DO NOT take her off the meds. She'll go right back to being in pain.

Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Ill keep her on her meds. don't worry.

Since the rimadyl is an anti inflammatory im just guessing it's keeping the internal swelling down enough for her to try and use it. also that means less pain with less swelling.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

pandactivity wrote:
Maybe im just being too optimistic but she is doing SO much better (day 2 of Rimadyl)
If her standing didn't look lop-sided like a lean and her legs didn't sometimes cross over then id be second guessing the surgery.

glad she is not in pain and it is because of the meds, ligaments hardly ever heal well on their own and you need to do the surgery so she does not have a life time of pain. dont let how she is acting now change your mind on getting her fixed up please.

Puppy
Puppy
lizzyduhh

Female Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Sooo i dont have much to donate, but i did make a page on facebook for the cause... its called Help for Trillion and includes the web page where donations can be made. I'll PM you all the details so u can take it over and change all the passwords and what not. I also paid to have it advertised on the right side of the page [where all those "Like this Page" ads are]. I know its not much but i hope everything works out.

I also posted the donation page on mine and a bunch of husky lover/dog lover/pets in need pages as well.
Back to top Go down
lizzyduhh
Puppy
Puppy
lizzyduhh

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-for-Trillion/285560864874780

thats the link so everyone on here can like it Smile
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Wow lizzy, Thank you so much !!
Back to top Go down
lizzyduhh
Puppy
Puppy
lizzyduhh

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 pm

no problem. i cant even imagine what it would be like to be in your shoes right now.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I donated just now Smile
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Thank you everyone!
I posted something on craigslist with a link to her chip-in page and her new facebook page,
hopefully i don't get too much hate from it, I know how some craigslist people can be.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay now we are only on day two of raising funds for Trillion i know, but im really starting to worry what if we don't get to that point.
If we don't raise enough money?
Is there like a set- time limit she should go without surgery i was doing some research and i read two weeks max before it starts to try to heal on it's own and becomes more painfull,

If we can't raise the money in time of two weeks what would be better for her, just keep trying to raise or or amputation? is that going above and beyond what's needed? could she live a normal life on three legs? would it be better to put her to sleep?
That is something i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't even want to think about. but im thinking in case- this turns into something we can't handle, what would be my next form of action?
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 pm

I would never op for putting her to sleep and shame on your vet if thats what they suggest. Are you sure there is no where else for you to go? Do you have any grandparents you could ask? Friends? Explain the situation and people will probably help. \

You are doing great with only 2 days (not even 24 hours) of chip in. You are half way to the down payment. Perhaps you could try the vet and you have 700? Otherwise you are worried you will have to put her down.

What happened with the rescue?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
I would never op for putting her to sleep and shame on your vet if thats what they suggest. Are you sure there is no where else for you to go? Do you have any grandparents you could ask? Friends? Explain the situation and people will probably help. \

You are doing great with only 2 days (not even 24 hours) of chip in. You are half way to the down payment. Perhaps you could try the vet and you have 700? Otherwise you are worried you will have to put her down.

What happened with the rescue?

my vet did not suggest it, I was just thinking if worse-came to worse what what I do, what our options could be.
Iv asked family, we have around 300 collected from family, trying to get some more. Iv asked friends but the lot of them can't because they're going to warped tour in the summer and need their money Neutral
The rescue isn't really disclosing anything about their addition to her payment until the vet give the Ok about fixing her at the same time, and honestly by his reaction i don't think he's going to go for it, he was saying it's a lot for a puppy to endure, and for the rescue to donate without her being fixed is agents policy. and they have worked out operation first fixing later with other people but of course they did not follow through Neutral

it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I would just do the spay. She is an otherwise healthy puppy ,and unlike a lot of puppies she is a large one. I would do it. If it means the surgery is paid for, I would.

I may catch some scrutiny for that, but I would run the risk if it meant I could keep my dog alive and save her leg.

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:50 pm

You've got $700 in your chipin and $300 from family, that puts you at the $1000. You only need to get to $400 to get the down payment necessary to start the surgery, right? The rest can go on a payment plan. I'd look to see if you can get a credit card and just get to that $1400 asap. I'm sure you will get more with your chipin and that will help with the payments and paying off the credit card. The sooner you get her into surgery, the better.

Also, really talk to your vet about whether the spay is a no-go, because obviously a rescue helping out would be the best.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:55 pm

How about getting a loan? Or asking a family member to get one out for you? Or a friend? Or somebody?!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Can the rescue at least step in and ask for rescue rates for Trillion's surgery?

OR

If you're in Running Springs, CA - then you're about an hour from San Bernardino.

http://lomalindaanimalhospital.net/

Speak with them and ask how much for the surgery – fax them over xrays if you need to or the vet records you have. They just did a large tumor removal on a husky for us – everything included for $400. They’re the vet that Husky Camp rescue uses. Call them TODAY and get a quote.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

we are at 700 dollars right now, and im applying for a discover card litteraly right this second because that's the only company that i think may potentaly give me one, i have absolutely no credit and my boyfriend has little to no credit.

I posted the link on redit as well; (edit apairently i must be a member for 90 days for my post to appear)

edit: but my boyfriend intends to look into if he can get a small loan from the bank

Last edited by pandactivity on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Can the rescue at least step in and ask for rescue rates for Trillion's surgery?

OR

If you're in Running Springs, CA - then you're about an hour from San Bernardino.

http://lomalindaanimalhospital.net/

Speak with them and ask how much for the surgery – fax them over xrays if you need to or the vet records you have. They just did a large tumor removal on a husky for us – everything included for $400. They’re the vet that Husky Camp rescue uses. Call them TODAY and get a quote.

calling now
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Fantastic! Good luck - he's AWESOME vet and really, really nice. Recommended by many people! Hopefully they can work something out with you - payment plan, discount, something! They know huskies...
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Fantastic! Good luck - he's AWESOME vet and really, really nice. Recommended by many people! Hopefully they can work something out with you - payment plan, discount, something! They know huskies...

I called he's currently with a client but they said he will give me a call back when he's done.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Fingers crossed! Smile He just did surgery on the white husky Ray on Monday - tell him you were recommended by a husky forum member.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 pm

keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I just reseved a very large donation. i don't know if the donater is apart of the forum or if they saw her chip-in somewhere else but i am just in tears,
Thank you stranger.
if you see this thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Congrats!!!! Smile Gets you closer! Hopefully Dr Sigistad can help - AND provide more support to you, your other vet doesn't sound too understanding. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next