It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to tire my puppy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

How to tire my puppy? Empty
PostSubject: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello once again Smile

Recently I asked how I can train saya, and what were some good exercises for her.
Now I want to know how can I tire her out. I have managed to do it a few times where I ran with her then she got home and fell asleep. But today we ran in the park for about 15 minutes, brought her home fed her, and she had so much energy, since I live in an apartment I keep her inside my room because the AC is always on, and I must admit she was playing inside the room until like 11 am and she was not tired what so ever, any ideas on how I can get her so tired that she will just want to come home a take a nap, even if its a small one?
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Mental actives always used to tire Kale out after playing outside when he was little. You can hide a treat and have her search for it, or get interactive toys or treat dispensing toys that will make her have to use her problem solving skills.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm

I tried the treat in a bottle thing, and she goes nuts, but it gets a bit loud because of the floor, I got her the kong Genius toy and she gives up on it pretty fast because she cant get it out
Back to top Go down
prtlad999
Newborn
Newborn
prtlad999

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't think you can tire her out in the house... she will follow from room to room.. she wants you to play.. I think my pup is starting to understand it's too hot .. so he just lays around now.. I wasn't use to the neediness.. but now I'm used to it.. he takes a toy..and I chase him from room to room.. I'm tryin to teach him "play dead".. so we do that for a little while... Maybe try a Nylabone for her to chew!! not those white rawhide bones.. the vet said he was too young for those... just play with her

How to tire my puppy? Photo023
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Hm. Maybe try something easier like the Kong Wobbler so that she can work up to the more difficult toys. That or the Bobs a Lot, I think you can adjust the difficulty levels on those ( I don't have one). There's also puzzle games that you can both do together as well (kyjen makes a few). The more you have her do puzzles and games, the more her problem solving skills will develop Very Happy Once I started doing those with Kale, he started learning new commands faster and was more willing to "work". He really enjoys working for things and using his mind to work out puzzles and games.
Back to top Go down
hericota/nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:58 pm

i tied nero's favorite chewing toy to the end of a two foot rope and the other end to a stick (that used to be a broom but nero got it) and just by waiving it by his nose he to tries to chase it, if outside i run and turn with it but anywhere i can make him jump and try to snatch it
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 pm

hericota/nero wrote:
i tied nero's favorite chewing toy to the end of a two foot rope and the other end to a stick (that used to be a broom but nero got it) and just by waiving it by his nose he to tries to chase it, if outside i run and turn with it but anywhere i can make him jump and try to snatch it

Flirt poles are a great way to tire them out. It's really hard on a puppies joints though. I would limit that game till 9-10 months if anyone is going to make one for their pup, but that's just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xhermes
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:53 am

Try filling the kong just with normal kibbles in the beginning so she knows how it works. Improve difficulty from there Smile Add some peanut butter to make it more sticky etc etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to tire my puppy?   How to tire my puppy? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to tire my puppy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1