It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

In a dillema :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

In a dillema :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 am

Please let us know what happened with this?
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 am

By the way the OP of the Trillion dilemma just refunded my money immediately when I sent a PM a day or two ago... So it was an unfortunate situation but I don't think it was a scam at all.

PS- I would probably steal the dog because I make poor life decitions and wouldn't care about the owner or the law. Water is free, no excuse.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

I would probably go give her water at the very least. Would the lady let you take her and then you could pay her in two weeks?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 am

Can you post date a check to her for when your husband gets paid?

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

http://www.adoptahusky.org/
http://www.huskyhaven.org/
http://texashuskyrescue.org/

In a dillema :( - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm

jbealer wrote:
Can you post date a check to her for when your husband gets paid?
I would have done that right there at the door if hubby and I had a bank account Sad

I am planning on going today and seeing how much I can get for pawning my ring.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm

ok so I just got off the phone with this lady and she said I can go feed her and give her water n spend some time with her if i want but cannot tqake her till I pay, I also found out that she is not chipped, or vaccinated and she is a husky wolf hybrid, she got her a few years ago from someone selling her on the street, she is only 1 1/2 and she sent me some old photos of her, I am going right now to take Skky , found out her name, some food and water, I am going to get that money whatever I have to do.
In a dillema :( - Page 2 07150210
In a dillema :( - Page 2 Downsi10
this is what makes me mad, I will take pics of her when I go, its such a drastic change.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:02 pm

ok well I am going to be off and on all day trying to come up with money and stuff

Last edited by MetalMama on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't think that's a hybrid. I think she doesn't know what she's talking about... Or the person she got her off of didn't... Good luck!

Honestly? She's "allowing" you to feed the dog? I hate this person.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm

im back home for now, I went and spent some time with her, but yah she allowed me to feed her, ripped my heart up having to l;eave her there again, but i took her some food, water with some ice and axels cooling jacket which i jimmyrigged to fit her, but it was so sad, i gave her her food she ate a little but she wouldnt come near me, so i sat by the fence like 10 feet from her and just sat there watching her eat telling her good girl, atta girl, and just things like that, she still wouldnt come to me but she was slowly inching her way closer and i noticed also she limps very badly when she walks, its her left hind leg it looks like it might have been broken before and healed wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Ok - in the meantime, can you get the rescue to take her if you pay the $50? It sounds like this is the start of more medical bills for her - the leg, pregnancy, etc
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Ok - in the meantime, can you get the rescue to take her if you pay the $50? It sounds like this is the start of more medical bills for her - the leg, pregnancy, etc
ive left messages with every possible rescue none have called back yet or answered still, but im going to have the money soon and i will go get her. I can add her to axel and roxys insurance and get her checked out by the vet Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm

brady.law wrote:
By the way the OP of the Trillion dilemma just refunded my money immediately when I sent a PM a day or two ago... So it was an unfortunate situation but I don't think it was a scam at all.

I asked for a refund over 2 weeks ago and never got one.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
brady.law wrote:

I asked for a refund over 2 weeks ago and never got one.
yah well like I said I can only go by what i saw myself and I know of a few others that asked for one as well and didnt recieve theirs either :/
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:22 pm

I am in this group. here are some rescues in texas. Poor baby, I hope you figure it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/theMushkateers/doc/261756243840155/
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Good for you, Metalmama! Try message LordBroll - Brian does rescue in OK, and maybe knows someone in TX since it's so close.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Good for you, Metalmama! Try message LordBroll - Brian does rescue in OK, and maybe knows someone in TX since it's so close.

Plus the fact that Okies and Texans just think the world of each other.

pirat
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Plus the fact that Okies and Texans just think the world of each other.

pirat

I'm staying out of that one. Wink But usually rescues in states close to each other help each other out and may have established relationships.
Back to top Go down
NatalieJ
Newborn
Newborn
NatalieJ

Female Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey if you need the money I'll send it too you if you get a paypal- it takes near a week to become active but it's faster than 2 weeks and pawning your wedding ring gosh!

If you have any friends with paypals please give me their addresses so I can send it to them and you can go get it Sad Money isn't an issue for me.

Also you could try telling the lady your address as a sort of, "If i don't pay this is where I live so I cant get away with not paying" sorta thing? Sad

Edit: Ask if she has paypal? Willing to send it straight to her!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Western Union still exist?? No PayPal account required then.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Honestly, if you do a chip in, I'll chip in! It's only $50! All we need is 10 of us to pay $5. Not really breaking the bank there.

In a dillema :( - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm

No I dont think I will do a chip in, I dont want people to think im doing it for the money Smile but I could use some advice on how to help out a pregnant husky, as far as helping deliver, food requirments, etc Smile
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Well I don't think anyone will think you are trying to swindle us for 50$ lol... If it saves a life...
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 pm

well if things come through I should have the funds in a few days time I will just keep going to feed her n check on her and spend time with her even though its sitting 10 feet away, maybe that will show her that i am OK and maybe she will come to little by little
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Patience is all it should take to get her to accepting you. You have shown her you care with the water and time you have spent. She will come around very quickly for you. Kudos for helping her out! Means alot to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a dillema :(   In a dillema :( - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In a dillema :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-