It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( Empty
PostSubject: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am

So, We have been taking Neeka with us to the park where my daughter practices soccer. Her friend also brings her Great Dane pup and they play Smile

Well anyway, I guess that Neeka made an impression on another family and inspired them to get a husky. Now, they did not talk to me before jumping into husky ownership and I have no idea if they did any research Sad I hope, hope, hope that they did. All that I know is that they had some guy bring over 3 pups and they picked one.

I'll see them tonight and I am planning to bring Neeka. Hopefully, I'll get to talk to them. And I really hope my worries are unfounded.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 am

I know what you mean. I always get stopped by strangers to ask me where I got saya from. I Always tell them that if they are interested in getting a husky to do some research on the breed before they decide to get one. Most of them give me the "Oh I had dogs before, bla bla bla." I tell them that there is nothing like a husky. So that although they are cute they should learn about them before deciding to buy one
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 am

Problem was, she never asked Sad I will probably preach to her tonight!
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 am

haha "It's a husky thing" Wink
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 am

Hopefully she is able to handle her puppy, its awful when somebody gives up a puppy just because they got it without knowing anything about it!
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I hope it all turns out okay. But you really can't take the blame on yourself. All you did was own and love your husky. Its not like you have been encouraging her to get one.

When you talk to her make sure to give her the web address for this site its been a big help to me and I did my research. Maybe it will help her deal with the tough stuff to keep the pup.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

I would also suggest encouraging her to do research now, it's never too late for her to learn and that way she can be more prepared for the coming months.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

A lot of people give up their puppies because they think theirs is a unique case! Even nightmare cases, once they do their research and see that all Huskies are the same - all the problems they thought they had just become a normality.

Its never too late for them to learn about the breed.

EDIT: I know that whenever Luka drives me mad, all I think to myself is... He is just a Husky LOL - whereas if I hadn't done my research, I'd have given him up ages ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

@ erinc I agree with you on that. Since many of us knew what to expect when we got our huskies we know it is something normal. I think the saddest part is the fact that no body admits that they are giving the dog up because it is not what they expected. Most people say that they are giving it up because they don't have time no more etc. They just dont admit the truth. The only BYB that I have seen that seemed to care about her huskies well being was one that surprisingly I saw on craiglist. sShe owned two huskies and she had a litter and she was selling them. She told them that she was going to sell them to families that cared for the dogs, and also said that if anything happened and they had to get "rid" of the puppies for whatever reason to give her a call that she would take them back immediately no questions asked. Some responsibility on her part I would say
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I found ours on ebay classifieds Sad The pup was also a result of their two pets and was an unplanned litter. BUT, she really cares about the pups and where they went. I signed a contract that she would take her back for any reason if we needed to re-home her. We are also now friends on facebook and keeping each other up to date on the parents, Neeka and any info that she has on the other pups. All and all, I am pretty happy with the breeder that we had even though it was not the ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Unfortunately this is usually the case Sad My best friend went and got a husky from the breeder my two boys are from, also her cousin. I don't think she was really ready for a dog, let alone a husky, but I've been teaching her.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

OK so my fear was right, they fell in love with Neeka and found a litter of pups from a BYB here in town. They made a spur of the moment decision and got one. I warned them of the challenges of a husky and their response..... "we've had labs, it can't be that different". They have no idea. I'll be sure to keep talking to them all season regarding research, the challenges etc. The husky non-labrador behavior....

Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

I see their last words, it will be much different..sure puppy is pretty close but the energy won't leave the dog for years. Luckily i have had cali the longest and when people get to see both girls, they LOVE mika and her social attitude and want one. Then I introduce Cali to them and her independent ways and they reconsider.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Forgot to mention, the pups are young. They left there mama at 6 weeks for their new homes Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Well, honestly, it may turn out to be good, When I had gotten Axel, all I saw was a beautiful, fluffy, snarky husky who needed a better life, he was my first dog in 12 years, and my first husky EVER, But I fell in love with him and wanted to know the in's and out's of everything regarding him.

Do you know if they did in fact not do any research though?
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Yes, they did none. They met our pup, saw the ad in the paper and that same day they broght her home.

I hope it turns out well for them. I will continue to educate them and talk about all the mischeif that Neeka gets into so they realize that it is normal Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh, well hopefully they will perhaps come to this site and get all the info they need here Smile Im sure as hell glad I came upon this site when I got my Axel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(   Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh no, I feel like I may have done a bad thing :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1