It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Ruffwear Knot-A products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

New Ruffwear Knot-A products Empty
PostSubject: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 am

Just thought I'd let you all know, Ruffwear now has new Knot-A-Collars and leashes! Not sure if the leashes are new or if they just added purple to go with the purple collar. I ordered both Koda and Rogue each- Ko green, Ro purple. Also ordered the new Just-a-Cinch, which is a huge upgrade from the old style which was a really thin, not that durable fabric in the preveons edition. I love slip leads.

New Ruffwear Knot-A products 2560_KnotACollar_PurpleDusk_Zoom

New Ruffwear Knot-A products 40202_KnotALeash_PurpleDusk_Zoom

New Ruffwear Knot-A products 40231_JustACinch_PurpleDusk_Zoom
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

That looks pretty awesome! I might have to order some of those collars.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 am

I saw it on their FB page a few weeks ago, S&J need new leashes! Stupid RW trying to take my $

Let us know what u think when they come in

Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

Jenn, you know I will always hook you up. I'll let you know how I like the products when they come in!
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

I have the leash version in gray/black it is pretty awesome and the carabiner lock is very secure and no way it can be undone without a person taking it off. They are at all the pet stores around here (Denver area) Petsmart doesn't carry it though.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 am

I have the leashes and love them, but I do notice the "screw falls," however even if that happens, the clip is still secure. I get a hefty discount since I'm a dog trainer and my husband handles military dogs, so I always order directly from them.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:41 am

I am so jealous - I keep trying to convince hubby we need these!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 am

Ughhh stop posting thingssss. I need everything. My dogs don't, I do..

We just got all new dublin dog collars and new mendota slip leads... but those collars are really cute
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:58 am

I don't really like Dublin collars anymore. Kristina said the new change was for the worst so no longer on my purchase list. I have over 12 Mendota leads so I don't need anymore of those lmao. My work had those and I gave myself 50% off all the ones we had (about Cool before I left, then I bought a couple for Ro later on.

Even though I have too many slip leads, I like the more "subtle" coloring on these Ruffwear ones. And even though I have all the other RW collars plus way more, these collars have no buckle which is a huge plus for me. I like my tope ropes, but I will always feel insecure about something that "clicks" from my one time experience with a Lupine buckle breaking out of the blue when walking (with no pulling). And then of course I need matching leashes! I already had a green knot-a-leash and a red one and a black one, but not sure if they changed the green shade since it's way more vibrant and I need a purple one!!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 am

I like the color and the collar! Let us know how you like them!

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:40 am

My goodness those guys are pricing me out of their stuff. I was seriously thinking $15-$20. I like my Mammut leads that run ¢58/ft. Granted, they're not as good looking unless I put some covers around the knots and fashion up a handle from rolled webbing.

Hmmm. I have some Black Diamond metal hardware from an old harness. Piggy might have a new collar this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Heather! wrote:
I have the leashes and love them, but I do notice the "screw falls," however even if that happens, the clip is still secure. I get a hefty discount since I'm a dog trainer and my husband handles military dogs, so I always order directly from them.

What do you mean by the "screw falls"? The little orange piece on the D ring? http://www.ruffwear.com/Knot-a-Leash-Rope-Dog-Leash?sc=2&category=15 I don't want the Cinch leash right now, but maybe later lol.

Juneau has about 2-3 weeks left on her collar before she outgrows it (predicting). I love these designs! I want to buy a Knot-a-Collar and Knot-a-Leash (the last one is hanging by a few threads - literally!) since I've heard so many forum gurus recommend them. Just let me know what you mean by the screw falling. I'm a lttle confused scratch! Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:17 pm

First of all, damn you Heather! Razz I was just saying that Mya's due for a new collar. That purple would look adorable on her and of course I need the matching leash!!! Kody and Asia have their fairly new ruff wear collars and leashes, but Mya doesn't.

Heather! wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. I have to secure the "screw" before we leave on walks just to make sure it hasn't slipped down. If you secure it before you leave it's fine. But, yes, the clip is secure also!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 pm

MelissaI wrote:
First of all, damn you Heather! Razz I was just saying that Mya's due for a new collar. That purple would look adorable on her and of course I need the matching leash!!! Kody and Asia have their fairly new ruff wear collars and leashes, but Mya doesn't.

Heather! wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. I have to secure the "screw" before we leave on walks just to make sure it hasn't slipped down. If you secure it before you leave it's fine. But, yes, the clip is secure also!

Oooh okay, gotcha. Thanks! I will place my order. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Yeah, it's a little twist screw that 'lockable' the carabiner for extra security. After some good use it will slide down some on your walks occasionally, but honestly the carabiner itself is very secure. If I really make sure I twisted it up well it stays though.

I have had terrible experiences with collar clasps snapping out of the blue or the little nick on a leash being pushed in and opening enough for the leash to release. I will never use anything leash wise besides the knot-a-leash or the newer waist leashes from Ruffwear with the metal round clasp, and for collars when going out and about or they're home alone these are absolutely what I prefer and the top rope is the only other one I trust since the clasp latches different than most and is so heavy duty.

Note, I have a red and a green top rope that I'm looking to sell. 10 each, nothing wrong with them, just scratches on the metal loop ring obviously from their tags like any collar that's been used.

Last edited by Heather! on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:53 pm

What's the benefit of the knot-a-collar verses a regular collar? I need to get Aspen a new collar because she keeps slipping out of her Dublin collar. Kristina is right, they are not holding up well.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:57 pm

The knot a collar has no buckle, you just adjust it to desired fit and loosen it when wanting to take it off. It's a great collar for a husky because then you have no risk if a buckle snapping, I've had a buckle break on me when loose leash walking a there being a ever so slight tug. They're very sturdy and it'd be difficult to have it be taken off other than by a human (which is always nice incase, heaven forbid, your dog gets loose- a lot of dogs lose their collars or they break off when on the loose).

My package has a ETA of the 22nd, so I will snap photos of the fit.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:04 pm

I think I will try this one for Aspen then. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Did your package arrive yesterday?! Mine is arriving tomorrow. Get any pics? bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm

I placed an order through BCK9 a couple days ago for a few items. Included were the knot-a-collar and knot-a-leash. This will be our second knot-a-leash...this first one has be holding up really well, and I am a huge fan of the carabiner lock. We have only noticed the sleeve coming down a couple times, and I would probably chalk those up to not tightening all the way.
Back to top Go down
MayaDog
Newborn
Newborn
MayaDog

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:29 pm

I see that no one ever really got back on these once they got theirs in, but I recently got a Knot-A-Collar for Maya and so far I am loving it. The rope is plenty strong enough for any lunges my dog can toss out (7mm climbing rope is normally 2000lb force to break), and the rope design slides under Maya's fur and does not matting it up like her old flat Dublin Dog collar did.

The only thing that is still out on it for me is going to be how it smells in a few weeks after its exposed to water and slober repeatedly at the lake/park. So far though, its doing better then your standard nylon flat collar.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:12 am

We have an old Knot-A-Collar and it never really got too stinky. Even after being slobbered on a bunch.
Back to top Go down
MayaDog
Newborn
Newborn
MayaDog

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:16 am

Riley, glad to hear that. I had switched to the Dublin Dog collar last summer because normal nylon collars lasted 2-3 days of dog park slober/kiddy pool water or lake trips before they stunk up the place. But matted fur and the buckle staining Maya's white fur silver got to be too much to keep up with. I hope I have the same luck with them not smelling, but i'll let everyone know how that side works out in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:45 am

Please do.

We had an old knot-a-collar that eventually broke. I made Appa's current collar and couldn't be happier. It's a rolled leather ... I think I posted a picture of it somewhere. Let me check...

Yep. right here:
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7699-rolled-leather-collar
Back to top Go down
MayaDog
Newborn
Newborn
MayaDog

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:06 am

Ah yes, I looked at one like that at the local pet store, but they said they were not sure how leather would be with often being submerged in water.

The other thing I forgot to mention about the new Knot-A-Collar is the weighted front plate where the tag go worked great in keeping the 2nd smaller plate with the leash hook always at the top of Maya's back which has lead to less time searching for her leash ring (it is a great feature). Also, the tag ring is very easy to add tags and comes with a tag silencer if you dont like the constant jingling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ruffwear Knot-A products   New Ruffwear Knot-A products Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ruffwear Knot-A products

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1