It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Can any breeders out there help me with a question?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

Can any breeders out there help me with a question? Empty
PostSubject: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 am

1.Is he a purebreed Sib Husky(He is a very big boy compared to other 4 month old pups)
2.Do you think he is a "Wooly"

I Did not get him from a breeder, He came from a woman who could no longer care for him. All I know is he is up to date on shots and the women said her husband purchased him from a breeder for her.

Here are some Photos Of Thunder. He just turned 4 months.
Can any breeders out there help me with a question? 30926210

Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 am

Can any breeders out there help me with a question? 08201210
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 am

Can any breeders out there help me with a question? 08201211 This is for size comparison, he is next to my 4 year old daughter, he is four months old. Just started losing baby teeth but still has no molars.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am

Can any breeders out there help me with a question? 08211212
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 pm

1) yes
2) no

I dont understand why the same question is being asked in several threads. Lol Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Sorry I tried to take some down..My mom passed away last week, this site had kinda been how I have been keeping my mind occupied, sorry for the Hyper-Posting. That is actually why we now have Thunder. Before my mom passed my dad wanted a husky, mom always said no, she battled cancer for two years and sadly lost this battle. My husband and I finally got my dad his husky. Again sorry for the "Hyper Posting" the same thing everywhere, I tried to make this the only one left up.
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:24 pm

yes he is pure bred, he is probably just a big boy, Compton was about the same at 4 months, maybe a little bigger, he is now 62lb at just over 1 yrs old and is still yet to fill out and stop being so lanky, so he will most likely get a bit heavier. One of our other pups from Comptons litter (went to a good friend) was the same as well, it is normal in males for some to be larger then average.

His coat looks to be fairly standard, it just looks to me like his guard hairs around his face and ears are a bit longer than the ones on his body, he is till a pup so he will go through a fair bit of change between now and 1 yr.

Sorry to hear about your mum, you have done a great thing buying your dad thunder, he is a gorgeous boy.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 am

Sorry about your mom. Crying or Very sad

You have certainly got something there that will take your dad's (and your) mind off of the pain of losing your mom! I'll be crazy at your house raising that cutie-pie!

Huskies grow at very different rates. You really cannot compare one to another. By 5 or 6 months old, my Sabaka was really looking quite "adult" to anyone who just saw a picture of him. (I was going to say "...to anyone who just met him on the street..." but meeting on the street would allow them to see his crazy, puppy behavior and then they would KNOW he was still a puppy! LOL!) I thought he was going to be huge, but he hardly grew at all the last few months of his first year and he ended that year around 50 lbs. He probably has since added a few more pounds of chest girth as he is filling out. Your thunder may not end up as big as you fear!

I have seen huskies with the long hairs around the face like Thunder. We have a breeder in our area that breeds for the wooly gene silent so I have seen this look. It is probably a wooly trait but I don't think his entire coat will end up wooly.

I think you have another thread discussing his color. That's the one thing that would lead me to think that he is not pure bred. He had a black nose...huskies with black noses cannot be red. If he remains red, he would not be pure, but if he turns wolf gray (like I think I remember many suggesting), then he's most likely pure since I don't see anything indicating he's not. You could always do a DNA test to find out, but if it were me I just wouldn't care! He's beautiful just the way he is!

LOVE the pic of him and the little girl!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:58 am

Some Huskies are just bigger than others. Some say due to poor breeding. My guy is almost 70 pounds and he isn't fat in the least bit and isn't even a year old.

Thunder doesn't appear to be a wooly, just has fluffy fur around the face.

If you're really concerned about him being a purebred, you could always have a DNA test done. They sell them at Petco or you can go through you're vet.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh I do not care if he is purebred, I was just curious on others opinion because i was "Told" he was, as for his coat, YES IT IS GOING GREY, slowly but surely he is turning a silver grey. Thank you all for your opinions!!! Also thank you for your condolences on my mom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can any breeders out there help me with a question?   Can any breeders out there help me with a question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can any breeders out there help me with a question?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1