It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Third Time's A Charm? :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Third Time's A Charm? :) Empty
PostSubject: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Meet Hailey (I will start a scrapbook for her soon!)

So... after Talia was brought home by her owners (re: second attempt at an adoption) the shelter called us immediately about another female husky. They had picked her up in the past over 10 times because she kept escaping. They had taken the owners to court, but the court kept giving the dog back. Well, the owners had just called the shelter and said that they wanted to give her up and could they help find a home. That's when the shelter called us.

We went over to take a look at her the next day. She took one look at us, licked our faces and rolled on her back at our feet for a belly-rub. DONE. LOL. We introduced her to Koda and she was hesitant but they played great in these people's back yard. We asked when they would want someone to take her and they BEGGED us to take her then. She was smelly, ate and took treats like they never fed her, and had never seen a vet. So we took her right then and there.

We've kept it on the DL for about two weeks because I didn't want to jinx it and she arrived at our house with her fair share of problems! (Thanks to Eddy for talking me through it Smile ) She came with NOTHING that smelled like her. She was quite defensive at first, growled whenever Koda walked by and was a SEVERE resource/food guarder with me AND with Koda. We've been working with her though. I went on a business trip last week too so the timing was horrible. She wasn't crate trained, just about destroyed our carpet in the guest bedroom (we'll have to replace it for sure), and I was honestly scared she was going to be too much for us to handle. Sad

However, every day she has gotten better. She never growls with Koda anymore-- they are two peas in a pod Smile She still eats faster when I put my hand in her dish, but she's getting better. We've even been able to reintroduce toys into the house (we took ALL of them away because they got into some pretty nasty scuffles). Turns out she just needed time to relax and adjust! Anyway. That's enough for now. I just wanted to update you all. Here are some pics. Welcome to our home Hailey Smile

Last couple of details: Her name WAS Haidy, but we had no idea what it means or whatnot, so we changed it to Hailey Smile Also-- BEST RECALL OF ANY DOG (not just a husky) that I have ever seen! I think she was honestly so neglected and starved for attention that her ultimate reward is attention. All I have to do is mumble her name and she comes running! It's amazing. Even outside in the yard (on a lead of course). I won't test it off leash, but it's nice to have a dog who listens!

Third Time's A Charm? :) Dsc07610
Third Time's A Charm? :) Dsc07611
Third Time's A Charm? :) Dsc07612
Third Time's A Charm? :) Dsc07613
Third Time's A Charm? :) Dsc07614

Third Time's A Charm? :) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:16 pm

I was wondering how this was going! Great to hear that things are leveling out. That flat ear pic has to be my favorite... Well, that and the hugging Koda pic. Sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Congrats Im happy for ya Very Happy she is a pretty girl and im happy to see another Husky rescued
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

Female Join date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 am

oh I'm so happy for you:) she's beautiful! good job and good luck!
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 am

Very cool!

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze
Puppy
Puppy
bingnblaze

Female Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 am

aww shes gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

awesome!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Congrats Tori! you sound like a mom who just found out she is pregnant but does not want to tell anyone cause she does not want to jinx herself! Can't beleive you kept that a seceret for 2 weeks!!!! Hailey looks just like the other one, do you know how old she is? I hope you got a written letter from the people giving her up so they do not come back to you. I'm glad to hear that you are working through the issues and giving her all the love and time she deserves!

Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

She is so pretty!!!
Back to top Go down
wolfofthenyght
Newborn
Newborn
wolfofthenyght

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am

Ohhh she is SO pretty! Her colors remind me a little bit of Raisins ^_^! You're so lucky! My landlords won't let me have more then one dog.. so she's my only furkid... for now >: )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's A Charm? :)   Third Time's A Charm? :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Third Time's A Charm? :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1