It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Our neighbor threatened trillion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

Our neighbor threatened trillion. Empty
PostSubject: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:03 pm

I have a neighbor across the street who is using the plot of land next to his house as a garden (he does not use it) and every once in a while Trillion gets out and goes sniffing around the dirt in there... not digging NEVER pooping.. but sniffing.. she gets out due to the fact my youngest sister (who's in 1st grade) NEVER closes the door all the way.

So Trillion gets out, now when she does get out it's not like we're like oh,she's out... she will come back, we ALWAYS actively call her back/go get her. she has never in her life been alloud free outside without us pursuing her one way or another.
I guess yesterday though she got out and went to sniff the fence line from the plot of land and his backyard (I was at work when this happened) so my mom went inside got her treats (to lure her back then take her for a short walk) mom came across the street called to her and she looked up just as the neighbor threw a rock at the fence and scared Trillion, my mom said then Trillion barked did a play bow then started jumping side to side talking/barking and then the neighbor started yelling that my mom better come get the dog because she's barking at him... my mom got her on a leash and told him he better watch where he was throwing things, then the guy started ranting and yelling all loud about how her and our other dog buddy are always pooping in his yard when no, they do not.. even when trillion gets out she has ONE spot in the front yard she goes, even after following her for a few blocks on foot when she's out and she has to go, she will run back home and go in that ONE spot. even then so we are ALWAYS out with her when she gets out. and I have NEVER EVER seen her poop in his yard, and if i had, i would have picked it up....
anyways and then he goes onto the subject how they're ALWAYS out and my mom yelled back about how No they are not always out, trillion is a puppy and is still learning, and the smallest child is at fault but it's an acedent and we always retrieve her. and then he goes on about how he's going to call Animal Control to come take away our dogs and how if the animal control does nothing how he's going to 'do away' with them. and so on, my mom was EXTREAMLY mad and yelling back and forth with him I guess, mom wants me to file a police report just in case anything happens it's on file.This guy has seen trillion out four times at MAX.

there is no way we are going to let her wander free without us pursuing her after what happened to our Wizzard who got free from the backyard practically like every day silent

anyways that's what has been going on over here.

Mom says she can't WAIT to move she dosnt want neighbors like that around our dogs or her small children.

(this guy also called and complained to our rental company once because while we were moving in, we had a neat stack of boxes in our drive way- thi was the week we moved in! trash hadn't even came yet and most of our house was still packed)
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Guy sounds like a disgruntled ass that's mad at the world for whatever reason. If he threatened you dog's life, I'd file a police report. People's dogs get out. It's life; you're a responsible owner and that's what matters! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:09 pm

When I was younger, our boxer and our american bulldog got out constantly. I don't remember how but yes, we were on top of them and we got them as soon as we noticed. But there was this one lady up the street that called animal control every single time they got out. And these dogs were sweethearts. All they wanted to do was go play with the neighborhood kids. Eventually animal control required us to fix the fencing so we did (which they still somehow escaped).
I would file a report for a threat though. You wouldn't want something to happen and you have nothing to back you up if you wanted to pursue legal action. With us, the lady never threatened, she just constantly called, so we ignored it. But if there was a threat to any of my dogs at this age, I would file a report right away.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I would file a report just in case.

But.....

It is his property, and he has every right to not want dogs on it. The issue is obviously someone not closing the door, so all the blame can not be put on the neighboor.

My daughter who is in kindergarten, knows to close the door, not to hold it open, and how to go in. If she can keep ours from getting out, then your sister should have no problems. She let him out once when we first got him, and that was enough for us to teach her proper etiquette around the dog. Maybe sit down with your sister and explain what is expected and what the consequences are.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 pm

i<3neo wrote:

But.....

It is his property, and he has every right to not want dogs on it. The issue is obviously someone not closing the door, so all the blame can not be put on the neighboor.

My daughter who is in kindergarten, knows to close the door, not to hold it open, and how to go in. If she can keep ours from getting out, then your sister should have no problems. She let him out once when we first got him, and that was enough for us to teach her proper etiquette around the dog. Maybe sit down with your sister and explain what is expected and what the consequences are.

I have to agree.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Not to mention, if a child is opening a door - you shut that door and lock it. Heck, I shut and lock mine to be safe. My dogs are escape artists and one can open door knobs with his mouth and turn on faucets. There is no sense getting mad at the neighbor, as I can't say I would want someones dog in my yard either. (for a lot of reasons - they don't know vaccination history etc.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 pm

It's not his property...
it's just an empty lot he uses.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:48 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
i<3neo wrote:

But.....

I have to agree.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Not to mention, if a child is opening a door - you shut that door and lock it. Heck, I shut and lock mine to be safe. My dogs are escape artists and one can open door knobs with his mouth and turn on faucets. There is no sense getting mad at the neighbor, as I can't say I would want someones dog in my yard either. (for a lot of reasons - they don't know vaccination history etc.)

I don't see who's not taking responsibility here, I said it's because she dosnt close the door all the way, we live in the mountains in an old cabin style house, a lot of the door including the basement and my bedroom don't close unless you pull on them hard from the outside, she does get in trouble for letting the dogs out, she has time out, but it's not like she purposely opens the door and just walks out and leaves it wide open...

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:54 pm

You need to have the doors locked or she needs to be more aware. These things can be prevented. I'm not trying to be a butthead, but you certainly wouldn't so nice about it if the dog ran to the road and got hit. I am trying to put it into perspective, because you don't want something bad happening.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
You need to have the doors locked or she needs to be more aware. These things can be prevented. I'm not trying to be a butthead, but you certainly wouldn't so nice about it if the dog ran to the road and got hit. I am trying to put it into perspective, because you don't want something bad happening.

which is why we go get her once she gets out so she dosn't get hit by a car... or another rock from the neighbor for that matter.
living on a rual road we don't have many cars come our way unless they live here, I think there is a higher chance of one of the neighborhood kids getting hit, but we do go get her, it's not like a chore to get her she comes back.
I understand the problem here, but I see the neighbor saying hes going to "do away" with our dogs a bigger issue.
it's not like she goes up to his porch, she's on a plot of land that belongs to the state and it apart of the national Forrest.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:04 pm

pandactivity wrote:
mheath0429 wrote:
i<3neo wrote:

But.....

I have to agree.

I don't see who's not taking responsibility here, I said it's because she dosnt close the door all the way, we live in the mountains in an old cabin style house, a lot of the door including the basement and my bedroom don't close unless you pull on them hard from the outside, she does get in trouble for letting the dogs out, she has time out, but it's not like she purposely opens the door and just walks out and leaves it wide open...

This is why I said what I said. He has no say for an empty lot next door that he does not own. And the fact that he can't act civil in itself says a lot. My neighbors little 5 pound terrier gets out a lot, and they are always extremely proactive about getting her back to the house; I even offer to help when they are having trouble (that's neighborly) and I have no clue what her vacc history is. It's called being a kind, compassionate human being, a thing too many people in this day in age lack completely, and it's disheartening.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Some day it might be dear - Huskies are born runners. I had to chase Cato down when his leas clasp broken - it was terrifying and had our neighbors nt come out and distracted him, I very well could have lost him.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Fair enough, Brooke. But I still believe there need to be more precautions taken.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Since its not his land, just file a police report that he's threading to do away with the dog and the dog isn't even on his property. Perhaps implement baby gates around the house keeping trillion away from doors? Sort of like how a lot of dog parks have double gates?

I have jackass neighbors too who piss me off but I try and prevent the issue just because I know how much dislike there is between us. No one blaming anyone- just trying to keep trillion safe. Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Fair enough, Brooke. But I still believe there need to be more precautions taken.

O course there does! I don't deny that at all! But the fact that the OP was being a proactive owner and the guy being an ass about it was uncalled for. Kale almost got out today for the first time when my mom was answering the door for the mailman; like I said earlier, it's life and accidents happen. The OP knows that it was preventable, as does me and my mom. It takes less than half a second for them to take that window of opportunity for a chance at freedom.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah we had a baby gate but trillion quickly learned to jump it we're going to see about investing in one of those extra tall dog gates for dogs.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Honestly, just try stacking two gates. You can just purchase another baby gate.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:37 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Honestly, just try stacking two gates. You can just purchase another baby gate.

Oooh this is a good idea~
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:43 pm

I have an extra tall pet gate and i looooove it. They're on sale at Petsmart for $70
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 am

So Animal control came over today, but they didnt do anything. just told us somebody complained, only they said that all four of our dogs run the streets 24/7 and that none of them are fixed or licensed. (when that is completely FALSE, aside from trillion being the ONLY dog that trys to make a run for it, she does not get out that often she dosnt even get out twice a month + all the dogs have lic. and trillion is the only unfixed dog but has an apt on oct 11th to get it done in fact while the AC was over THREE OTHER DOGS CAME INTO HIS YARD AND POOPED. in his actual yard not the vacant lot next door. and he came outside and shoo'd the dogs away while the officer tried to catch them (these were different dogs, on different occasions) it was not a big deal when they came over, they asked to see the dogs saw they were friendly and in good health licensed and all that and that was the end of that, she said she understood huskys are escape artists and that small children make things hard but she did have to come out and at least let us know somebody complained, however since we act upon it, and get her and bring her back home nothing can be done to us(or trillion) as long as we keep bringing her in.

later that day, (like two hours later) my stepdad came home and the guy was watering his flowers and my stepdad said he knew there was an issue and he would like to talk it out and not have a grudge/bad relationship with neighbors. (talking to him from the street as he was outside and we live across the way)
the guy actually yelled at him and told him that him and my mom don't take care of my sisters and he was calling CPS because they're always in the front yard by themselves, and that our house is dirty and we need to go back to the ghetto where we came from... and that he was going t call the cops if we harassed him again, (although it was not harassment we were trying to keep everything okay... it was a calm conversation where my stepdad asked if he wanted to talk it out because he didnt want an issue, i guess he's uninterested in talking it out.)

I don't know how he figures our house is dirty, not that it is any of his business, or how my sisters play outside... or any of that concerns him, anyways later (like a half hour) the cops came to my house and told us to not try to talk to him and if we come up to his house again he is going to press charges, the police officer was VERY rude. (but up here they are known for having power trips and killing people with tazors...even tazing pregnant women)

anyways so that's the end of that, now my mom said she will await the arrival of CPS tomorrow as that's when somebody will probably drop by... and my parents have made plans to move in febuary away from this guy and into a house with a fenced front/back yard.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:33 am

...yikes.

i'd be moving right away.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 am

Hey the guy is a jerk if your planning on moving make the bastard pay and torment the hell outta him.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 pm

I was so mad when I heard about him threatening Trillion, I told her im going to pour bleach into his flower beds, and then rock salt them so nothing ever grows again. Twisted Evil

but of course he would know it was me. tongue

Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Everytime I have to deal with people like that neiboor I have the wish to kick their teeth down their troat. Some people are so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our neighbor threatened trillion.   Our neighbor threatened trillion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Our neighbor threatened trillion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1