It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lola banned from daycare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

Lola banned from daycare Empty
PostSubject: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm so bummed. We were asked not to bring Lola back to daycare as she started a fight today. This is the third time in 4 months she's been in a fight and it appears that she starts them. She doesn't do well with the large groups they have there. I'm blessed because Jim is off work the next 3 days so it gives me time to figure something else out. There are two days a week that I leave at 7:30am and get home at 3:30pm. The other days I work, she would be crated about 3 hours. 2 1/2 hours is the best she has done thus far in a crate. So I'm going to look into some training options, dog walkers and a daycare that does training. I feel horrible because she broke the skin of another dog. I'm frustrated because she has been doing really well at day care and does not have anxiety on leash. I guess day care is not the solution for every dog...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Some dogs just don't do well in day care, you're right. Sorry to hear this, but I'm sure you'll find something that works for your family and Lola! Good luck Smile

Lola banned from daycare Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I hope you find something that works. Maya and Kay would be banned immediately Razz
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm

If there were any dogs with floppy ears, cato would be banned. he likes to pull on them Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 pm

If you can't figure out another option right away, I'd ask the daycare if they mind keeping her, but just crating her away from the other dogs. At least then she could be let out every few hours to go potty. That's what we do with dog aggressive dogs at the daycare I work at. It is annoying to have those "special" cases, but is do-able. You could just ask and see what they say. They may or may not be set up like the one I work at.

Lola banned from daycare Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm

They recommended me to a daycare that has a smaller amount of dogs and with a training staff. I spoke to them this evening and we are going to try them once her puppy wart goes away. I'm emailing a trainer that lives in my neighborhood to do some private lessons and dog walks on Tuesday and Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:
I hope you find something that works. Maya and Kay would be banned immediately Razz

IMMEDIATELY XD Kay would be starting the fights, and Maya would be finishing them! Razz
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am

Are there daycares around that don't have doggy group time? None of the doggy daycares around me have group dog playtime because of safety/insurance or whatever. (Kind of sucks, but Phantom is mean to other dogs so maybe it's for the best.) They all get a lot of walks and attention from the owners especially if they are cuties (like huskies!). Just an option to look into.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah I'd look into a smaller daycare for sure. Mine all go to daycare, and the lady loves them because they're the best behaved dogs there, which blows my mind but everyone that meets them just compliments me on their behavior (which I think needs major work half the time lol!)

The daycare mine go never usually has more then 20 dogs, it's a giant garage warehouse and they open the garage door out into the fenced yard. They also have a second floor in the playroom for smaller dogs when they have more then the first floor has room for. She never usually has issues with any dogs, and if there are, she made a room in the playroom for time outs. Apparently Zoey has spent some time there. She gets growly over her balls Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lola banned from daycare   Lola banned from daycare Empty

Back to top Go down

Lola banned from daycare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1