It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

From Four to Three and back to Four again....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... Empty
PostSubject: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:08 pm

So our foster girl made it safe and sound to West Virginia last week and has settled in nice with my sister and her family. I miss her, but i am thankful she has a place that is better suited for her.
We finally had our normal three dog household back to its previous routine and everything was starting to finally calm down.....then comes Fiona.

She was a 'late birthday gift' from my moms boyfriend....Apparently he didn't know what to get me, so instead of asking (like a normal person would) he brought me a puppy because he saw she was a husky.
i know absolutely nothing about her health history other than she probably needs shots. I think she could be pregnant, but I am not sure about this, she is very petite and although she isn't malnourished, she could use a few more pounds on her. Her ribcage is extended and she walks with a sort of waddle, could worms cause this? As bad as it may sound, i am hoping its worms. The last thing i want is a puppy giving birth, especially with me already being 6 months pregnant!

She is a (maybe) 6 month old (possible) husky and something mix....i kind of want to say collie because of the feathering at the back of her ears, but i could be way wrong...She has a line around her muzzle, almost like someone had tied her mouth shut and it left a rope burn around it, it is visible in some of the pictures.

Her Pros:
She is great with everyone and everything, had no problem fitting in with all three of the dogs and is really pretty amazing with my almost three year old.

The Cons:
The possible pregnancy.
She refuses to go to the bathroom outside, no matter how long we are out there, she will hold it until we get inside then goes allllll over the place.
She is a big chewer
She acts like shes never worn a collar, harness or been on a leash.
She FREAKED out when was put in a crate and peed and pooped when i walked away from her, so crate training is going to be FUN!
She is an excited pee'er (is that a word?) its not just a little drizzle either, its a whole pond.

I'm sure as the days go by I will have plenty more to add to the pros and cons lists, but this is already turning out to be a book, so....here are some pictures of the newest little pack member....i sure hope this is the last time we have an 'introduction' topic from me! ha

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... 7c1fd8bd61b2ea29b48bf6a4e033580d

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... F1a18d25eb2004db456c16b1374d2614

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... E118cf719962d3520320ce036c3746d6

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... 6e0cdc86a863b590b9944e8245c1648e

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... B526e1b293956d8fbb59efb746450088
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Shes a cutie pie, it looks like she has a good home now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 am

Hopefully she's not pregnant at that young! She could have round worms. Those make their bellies look extended. If you need help placing her, I can post her on petfinder for you as long as she's spayed or will get spayed before going to her new home.

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am

She is very pretty! I can see why you would think she is mixed with Collie. Will you be getting the DNA test done?
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 am

Aww she is soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:32 am

She is very cute, I hope she isn't pregnant!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:48 am

Very cute! I definitely see the line on her muzzle too. It was probably from a Gentle Leader harness or something (I have one, but only use it for walks and it doesn't bother Juneau). I can also see collie too! Her ears are very cute. She sounds like she was in an unbalanced home with no training (possibly an outside dog with the peeing?). My mom's dog will pee if you get her excited when you come home from work. She just grew out of it. She knew it was bad but couldn't help herself! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:42 am

She's so cute!
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler
Puppy
Puppy
DarkWolfProwler

Female Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 am

She is cute, but the line looks a little lower than a gentle leader.
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 am

She is very cute, I can see the collie in her too. Good luck with the training, I am sure she will catch on with some time and patience.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 pm

I thought about a gentle leader giving her marks like that, but honestly it is a really thin but defined line, like fishing string and its about 1/4 of an inch from her nose and it wraps all the way around to the bottom of her jaw.
Since she screams in a crate i bought the 6 panel pet superyard and just set up her bed in there and she didn't make a sound last night - she did however leave me quite the mess to clean up in there lol
She's had four baths since we got her and i am so glad she loves the water. When i turn the water on she jumps right in. She even jumped in while bathing my son last night which was a mess, but funny.

Any advice on how to get her to use the bathroom outside will be GREATLY appreciated!

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Find a SUPER high value treat, like cheese or hot dog, something like that, and only give it to her when she potties outside. Don't give that treat for anything else, and when she does potty where she is supposed to, absolutely throw a party for her. Shower her with praise, treats, etc, and she'll start getting the idea. Also, if you don't use a cue word with the other dogs, try using one with her. It's really helped us with our dogs. Once she starts figuring out that outside = potty, just look for her signs. We've had a lot of success with bell training too, but be prepared to take her out more often than you think she should go.

Good luck!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

From Four to Three and back to Four again.... 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 pm

i was having the same issue with our rescue Waya. She'd be outside for 20 min begging to come in i let her in and she promptly pee's all over the carpet. It took about a week of high praise while going potty outside before she got the point. And every time she goes i use the words go potty, good potty, etc. when i put her out to go potty i tell her go potty, lets go potty. I still have to watch her like a hawk b/c she won't ask to go out she'll go to another room to potty after a lot of restless walking about but it has gotten better. Just last night she actually asked to go out for the first time and actually went potty immediatly. Hang in there lol
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 am

So just an update on Fiona....
She tested negative for worms, so the vet has us coming back and the end of the week to do an xray to see if we have puppies or not. He is estimating her to be anywhere from 7-9 months, and said if she were pregnant he thinks she would be fine for delivery.....i don't really want to have to deal with that mess though....but then again I don't know what is involved with aborting puppies and having her spayed at the same time. Anyone have any experience with this?
We have had her for a week and she has YET to go potty outside. I'm seriously considering making her walk around the house with a diaper from now on.
She isn't screaming like someone is killing her when she is put in a crate anymore, so i guess we are making slowww progress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Four to Three and back to Four again....   From Four to Three and back to Four again.... Empty

Back to top Go down

From Four to Three and back to Four again....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1