It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks Jen Smile I totally agree that in some of the pictures he looks like a sway back dwarf lol we were taking photos while sitting on the ground so I think the upward angle skewed things a bit. His top line in real life is straight although his legs are shorter than I really like for sure! I love his head and am mildly obsessed with his ears lol so it's nice to know I'm not totally biased. I was surprised to read well conditioned, I'm not that happy with him at the mo he's a bit chunky for me but he's looking better now than he was in these photos. I'll try and get some shots of him pacing (and a better stack) I'm of two minds on his movement - he moves freely with good balance but doesn't extend as well as he perhaps should (short legs would do that I guess) I've also noticed recently he tends to run a little wide although he never used to so maybe it's just a phase lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Yeah, The males go through some interesting growth phases. Here is one of Diz I took this morning. His body is twisted and he has both a regular collar and a pinch collar so that makes his already short neck look non-existent. His coat suddenly has a ton of buff in it as well. He is clean, was bathed the day before this pic.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 10349012_10204260030965378_39983752377615800_n

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Ami has a lovely stop.   sunny   
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 Img_0018

Otherwise, I say he's a perfectly beautiful dog and a perfectly awful, conformation wise, siberian husky - put together out of rejected spare parts!  But he is a lovebug!

I think Dizzy, Orion, Mischka, Bode, Sierra...they and others are all so beautiful.  Which is why I would not cut it as a judge!
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Dizzy's coat is so gorgeous and clean! He's looking very good Jen. Lol it has been raining here solidly for a week and Orion far from white right now! Also totally jealous of the photo in daylight lol being winter here it is dark when I go to work and dark by the time I come home so of course my morning and evening walks at the mo are in the pitch black Sad
I will try and get some photos midday in natural light this weekend...

Amy, ami is just gorgeous - he always looks like such a cheerful boy Smile
I too think they are all beautiful but I am slowly learning technicalities
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:55 pm

GeorginaMay wrote:

I too think they are all beautiful but I am slowly learning technicalities

Yeah technicalites: I just become Colonel Klink: I see nosinc...I hear nosinc...and just love them all sunny  Even that floppy eared, leg-mounting, jowl-hair grabbing pup under my pine tree lol! 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:44 am

Ha ha, I agree, I think they are all beautiful, but I enjoy learning the technicalities. Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 am

wpskier222 wrote:
Ha ha, I agree, I think they are all beautiful, but I enjoy learning the technicalities. Smile

I'm glad there are people, like you, who are committed to the breed and to keeping the breed standard - When son was mulling over a dog, I kept telling him that a pure breed is one way of knowing what you're getting. And I like that.
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

Female Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:55 pm

could you guys tell me how my girl looks. Luna just turned a year old and i want to either show her in conformation or agility. I know her ears are a bit big lol. Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 10535611
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Here is a picture of her back Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 10530810
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 pm

She is currently blowing her coat which is why she has fluff spots here and there lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Hard to evaluate from a photo that is not level and straight on side of the dog. What I do see is an overly plumy tail that could be problematic in the conformation ring...and she stands very cow hocked. Agility could be a sport she'd enjoy, obedience and rally are also very possible for her. I'd just watch that rear in agility sports and know/learn her limitations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:16 pm

She actually has a very beautiful gait and stack, but whenever i try to get pictures of her doing it she gets camera shy and gets the zoomies. These were the best pictures i could get from this day. Yes she does have a very bushy tail that i have had concerns about. Her dad did conformation here in Alabama and her mom did agility and she definitely has her moms energy and love for jumping. She can clear my king size bed in one jump lol. I have been training her more for agility though and she loves it so that might be her calling.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 am

Can you get a picture of Luna's tail when it's curled to it's max? Her croup looks a little off to me and I find that's another good way to tell if you can't get a properly stacked picture. Also in both the pictures it looks like she's lacking chest (but that could be because of the diff angles in both pics).

Honestly, I'd just try and take a video at her level (few inches off the floor) while you're trying to stack her if you can't get somebody to help you... that's what I do, and then I just take screenshots of the video later. Smile
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:47 am

Her tail doesnt curl actually, when shes excited or walking she sticks up tails up but it never curls
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:27 am

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:27 pm

I don't know much about conformation but I just wanted to say Ronin looks amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Thank you Elise Smile I think so too and to me he's perfect (obviously, no dog truly is) and that is the reason I posted - love is blind Razz
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

Female Join date : 2014-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:22 am

I know this thread is long (I actually confess to reading every post last month before I joined) but I am hoping someone can look at our new puppy, Livewires Rise of the Phoenix, and tell us what you think. I know her legs are kind of far back in the first pic of her stacking, but I think it shows her topline the best. I also had a hard time getting her side profile, so these pics leave something to be desired.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 48e5a0a5-9152-435c-939d-19803c4187d6

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 19373ebd-ef1a-485e-a066-8f7fd50a0a41

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 71d7c6bb-64dd-4920-b3d5-2b54900b2b6e

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 4b67743b-0c6b-4050-b739-4b1af1706afe

Thanks so much! Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:33 pm

It's so hard to tell anything from these pix. Sad I'm sorry... Anyway you could get some that aren't as dark?
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 pm

I understand, Jen. These were cell phone pics. I'll get my Canon out and see if I can get some better pics today.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Smile great! if you remember, try to do stack pix once a month. It was something I wish I would have done with Dizzy. Depending on what canon you have, you might be able to get a remote for it, which makes things a little easier.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Thank you, Jen. That's a great idea to take monthly stacking pix. I will see if I can dig out the remote for my Canon. I need to figure out what my kids did with the battery charger first, (grrr, lol) I'll post again soon.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 pm

I know she's growing but I really wanted to see what everyone thinks of Miya since she's from show linesConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 20141112[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/19006106/93]Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 20141113[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/19006106/94]Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 20141114[/url
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:12 pm

First of all - I know almost nothing about conformation for huskies (Old English Sheepdog, I could at least converse). So what I say is completely what I like...and I love her neck and head. She has such a beautiful curve to the back of her neck.

And, apparently, you don't have to worry about Miss Dog climbing on a pool cover Laughing
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:17 pm

How old is she? Her ears look too big but that is normal at certain ages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next