It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Owner Here! ^^//

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

New Owner Here! ^^// Empty
PostSubject: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 am

Ello! I'm Rebecca - 18 years old,
nice to meet you. ^^//

I've recently bought a sib puppy named, Yuki.
He's pure white and oh so adorable!
He is still with his mother right now, but soon I'll have him home.

Yuki will be my very first sib dog ever!
Please lend me your support with all of the questions I might (probably will) have.

Thanks! ^_^

Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 am

Aww sounds cute can't wait to see more pics :-)
welcome to the forum its a great place!
I sure hope you've read up on sibes though, have you thought about puppy training classes?
if not I highly suggest it when Yuki is old enough.
also I see your pretty close to me maybe we can schedule a meet in the future :-)
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am

Anotherr Yuki!! I'm quite fond of the name myself tehehe you can probably see why. Hey and we're in the same state? I think puppy play dates for the future are in order!! Alright so first off I suggest crate training - it helped me a lot to potty train Yuki and its her 'safe place'. Also search up NILF? Nothing in life is free training method. Make them sit before they eat, and wait for the command to start eating, have them wait as you open the door and don't let them go out until you give the command, just a couple examples. When do you get to bring the cute little furball home? Can't wait to see more pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks both of you ^^//
I'll have him home on Jan 20th!
I'm obsessed with photography so I plan on making him my victim XD!!

I've done a ton of research on sibs, I'm just scared of when I get him - its like having a baby lol.
I planned on taking him to Pet Co training classes, I believe they are the only ones around? Well.... the only ones I could find haha.

I agree though with you I love the name Yuki ^____^
and I've actually read something like that, it's a great idea!

I don't know anybody that has puppies, or even dogs for that matter so it would be awesome for him to be able to play with other dogs. So play dates would be great :D
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 am

Yuki is my victim-to-be.. I don't have a good camera but I love taking photos so once I get a good camera.. oh poor Yuki xD I have a ton of photos regardless though. January 20th is a while away, he must be fairly young still. It's gonna be a long wait.. it was for me when I was waiting for my Yuki!! Hmmm try looking around for some more private places or maybe someone on the forum can help.. the major pet store training classes don't seem that great to me I watched one of the petsmart classes and hated it.. I felt like they were just taking expensive strolls around the store (I know jennet said something like this earlier too?). I socialize Yuki a lot with my smaller dog so she should do fine with a puppy even when shes bigger ^-^
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 am

Welcome!! Yay for another pure white sibe! Smile
I can't wait to see more pictures.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:14 am

Do you do photo shoots/sessions? I'd love to get sapphiras pics done and my camera phone only goes so far lol
and I agree with everything Megan said, start them out young because it only gets harder when they're older. Sapphira is almost 8 months old and we are just now going to our training classes. The classes are great but we definitely have to keep at it.
also you might want to check out some topics dealing with food, alot of huskies have very sensitive stomach's.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am

Oh yeah! Food! I feed Taste of the Wild, not everyone is a fan of it but Yuki does fabulously on it so its something to look into. Find what works best for your pup Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 am

Welcome im also from ohio, and im also waiting for my pup to come home!! Mine will be home first week of january! Are u getting ur pup from a breeder? If so where are the located? Congrats!
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 am

We recently switched from earthborn hollistic to simply nourish, sapphiras doing much better but all three of my dogs still prefer kitty poo when they get the chance confused
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 am

Ericobeasto wrote:
Welcome im also from ohio, and im also waiting for my pup to come home!! Mine will be home first week of january! Are u getting ur pup from a breeder? If so where are the located? Congrats!
Yay I'm so excited for more Ohio people!
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:28 am

I'm supprised there are so many Ohioians XD
That's awesome.
The lady I'm getting him from told me to get a certain type of food, I cannot recall the name of it O.O

@Megan you're funny XD. It does seem to be long, but I fill my void with buying toys, beds, and outfits already haha Smile

@ashley I would be willing to take pictures, usually dogs are a little bit more difficult - but it's always fun ^_^

@eric Awwwww, ours wont be that far apart then! I got mine from a breeder, it's called "Jenna's Kennels" in temperance michigan. I got mine as a stud so if I wanted to breed him I could. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 am

Haha yeah I had everything I needed for Yuki and more before I even brought her home. I bought a leash and collar when she was only two weeks old that she just grew into last week! I don't regret it though.. I like the pattern.

There are many different types of food to feed, there's no one 'right' food. Try looking at some threads under the Food&Diet section, you'll see there's quite a variety. Though most people do prefer 'raw' to anything, although I personally wouldn't be able to do it, kibble only for me xD
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 am

Welcome! I'm from Ohio too. Can't wait to see pics of Yuki! Smile
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:47 am

Haha Megan I agree. I love being prepared so I think its fun:) I'll definitely check out the food forums. I don't know if I could do the raw food either, maybe a bone with meat on it but that's it haha.

@abby hi , that's awesome! I'll get them up as soon as possible
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome! Another white Laughing

I feed Taste of the Wild too, and both mine do very well on it. And I also got Yukon in Michigan, but from a different breeder; they were actually just north of Toledo.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Welcome! I can't wait to see more pictures of him! Congrats on the new pup! Smile
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Congrats and welcome! Makes me want a puppy...
Back to top Go down
Nira Sky
Puppy
Puppy
Nira Sky

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Welcome..i didnt realize how many pure whites are on here. We should start our own club lol
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Much appreciated everyone ^_^

Also, I second the club haha xD
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am

Congrats and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner Here! ^^//   New Owner Here! ^^// Empty

Back to top Go down

New Owner Here! ^^//

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1