It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! Empty
PostSubject: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 am

So I noticed that whenever I go in the pet store to buy anything I always end up at least 50 dollars short. Saya has a habit of choosing a toy and bringing it to me, and off course I am a sucker and have to buy it for her. I also have to add some treats to it, and then the collar that I like for her, who else always finds themselves with a whole in their wallet after going in a pet store?
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 am

I don't think I've gotten out of PetSmart with the boys for under $100 yet lol,
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 am

Same here.. Titus and Lycan are totally spoiled. Sometimes when I just drive past a pet store, even if there isn't anything to buy, I will still walk in with them, come out with my wallet lighter. The toys in my house is enough to open a store. I also have a whole cupboard full of treats and chew stuffs. It's always full, sometimes I don't understand why as well.

My grocery cupboard always has less things than the dog treat cupboard!
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 am

MMMMHHHHMM!!
I dont even know what it is, It's an impulse I have to fulfill. Lats time I went into the pet supply warehouse I intended top buy a anti-pull harness and a bungee cord lead.
I came out with about 6 toys, heaps of treats and the harness and lead.

Now that christmas is coming up, I've actually got an excuse to buy her stuff, she's going to rival the boys with the amount of gifts she has to open.

Michelle - I absolutelly love your sig of the boys, they look so handsome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Yesterday we went to petsmart to get her a bed and a picture with santa. Then we bought her some treats, And then a toy, and then some more treats, and then we were looking for a raincoat which we didnt find. Then we spoke to the trainer who seemed to know about huskies and we decided to sign her up for it. And lastly we bought the cats that live in this building some cat food.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Heather and I joke all the time about how rich we'd be without the dogs. It is a rare occasion these days when I can walk out of a store that sells anything dog related without buying something.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Kristina I honestly can see you being a millionaire without dogs lol. I mean you have it worst than me You just DON'T spoil one and forget about the other so I guess that they all get stuff from the petstore lol and oh boy I DON'T WANT TO EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE BILL. Lol by the way what do people say when they see you walk in with 5 huskies(if you take them with you that is)
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Are you kidding? I can't even go into a hardware store without picking up materials for a new jump or teeter board, let alone an actual pet store. I can't remember last time I had some extra cash and didn't immediately shower all the animals with new gifts...
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Yep ours are spoiled as well. We bought a kids tunnel for them on the weekend because they loved the agility course they did at the obedience school break up so much. We will probably buy a proper one and weaving sticks in the new year, but it's great to see them happy *and exhausted*
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Don't even get me started lol! I thought it was bad with just the one, but now i'm multiplying it by three.

You'd think we would have enough already. Yeah right...

I left the Packers Pro Shop at the stadium, $100 later. Sure did buy 3 jerseys for the dogs..
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 pm

I have detailed plans for all sorts of pvc framed agility equipment. Could pass it your way. I built a weave pole set, a couple adjustable single jumps, and a tire jump for under 100.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 pm

My dog is more spoiled then I am. I go to the petstore just to look around and decide to get Cally stuff. And then I feel bad and have to get the cat something as well lol. What little money I have usually goes towards the doggie lol... you should see her christmas bag, I justified all the stuff I bought her saying it's for her bday as well since her birthday is on Dec. 25 as well
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:40 pm

K9_Eric wrote:
I have detailed plans for all sorts of pvc framed agility equipment. Could pass it your way. I built a weave pole set, a couple adjustable single jumps, and a tire jump for under 100.

That would be good, they're too young to jump but the weave plans could be interesting to have a look at. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Don't even get me started lol! I thought it was bad with just the one, but now i'm multiplying it by three.

You'd think we would have enough already. Yeah right...

Nuff said! I feel you! One was bad. Two was worse. THREE...yeahhhhhh! lol
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am

We were at the dollar store the other day and my hubby couldn't leave without getting Karli a toy. I took her to the feed store and not only did they give her treats but then I bought her a pig ear which she devoured in an hour. Good thing she picked out something cheap!!!
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 am

We have a hard time spending unnecessary amounts on toys due to Brewer having a knack for destroying them, but we definitely open the check book when it comes to food for our boy. Chicken quarters and pork shoulder must get old, so why not bison, elk, lamb, pheasant, rabbit, etc... affraid

Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:14 am

I don't spoil my dogs with meat unless we're working hard for the day. But, they sleep on their own side of a Queen sized bed.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 am

@ Paul I went to the live poultry the other day and I must admit I wanted to get Saya some rabbit but I did not have it in me to tell them to get me a rabbit. That meant that I was going to be responsible for killing a rabbit. I decided to get something else instead.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 am

arooroomom wrote:
Heather and I joke all the time about how rich we'd be without the dogs. It is a rare occasion these days when I can walk out of a store that sells anything dog related without buying something.

It's not a joke. It's a very real, very sad problem. I need rehab.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 am

Do they have crazy dog lady rehab? I could benefit...just today I went to finish SS shopping and walked out with cookies and treats for mine...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 am

Freya's Mummy wrote:
Michelle - I absolutelly love your sig of the boys, they look so handsome.

Thank you, they are my precious babies and I keep telling myself it's not good to spoil them. Especially Lycan when he is already 83lbs at 7 1/2 months old. He goes crazy in the pet store looking at toys, birds, rabbits etc. He is gentle but it's not nice to frighten other customers with his size. Luckily the staff there are really good with him.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 am

The difference is, they dont know they're spoiled, they think it's normal. As long as you set boundaries for them and dont let them rule the roost, I dont see any problem with it.

I knew Freya was goping to be spoiled rotten well before I even made the decision to get her. She gets more treats and toys then my boys do Smile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

Female Join date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Roxy is spoiled rotten. I can't leave Pet Smart without getting her treats or toys. Is it bad that she knows where the toy section is? I can't pass it without her making a right turn for the toys, I try to walk fast passed it and I end up getting pulled. I don't have kids of my own so she's my baby, and Im convinced I spend more money on her then I do on myself. I get her a lot of treats, she knows she has to work for those.

Does anyone have issues with tennis balls? all of the sudden im finding them shredded into tiny little pieces. It was a ball one day and confetti the next!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Rogue tears tennis balls apart, and Koda does sometimes too. But it's over the course of several days- they'll sit there and just rip the fabric off and then rip the ball apart. It usually isn't immediate, either. They'll rediscover it one day and destroy it.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Asia has a total tennis ball addiction! She loves them! But destroys them within 20min!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!   Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spoiled dog? Hole in wallet !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next