It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We were attacked while walking!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

UGH! thats horrible. I had a feeling it had something to do with dog fighting but i dont know that much about it other than what you see on tv occasionally. i guess i assumed people mainly stole them for puppies or just simply b/c they want one as a pet but refuse to pay for one. its disgusting what people do to animals.

im grateful for all the suggestions here. just reminds me to stay aware when we're out.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
So Cal is unfortunately out of hand with dogs : dog fighting, backyard breeders, irresponsible owners, pet stores, people moving and giving up dogs, abandoning dogs in foreclosed houses, etc. It's also a great place to take your dog everywhere, great dog supply stores, doggie day cares, etc - so we put up with the bad to get the good.

The best defense is a prepared, alert owner!

Yea we have nothing for dog owners up here Sad it's really sad. The only day care is 30 mins away and its ridiculously expensive. TopNotch is what it's called. I think it's a corporation. I could be totally wrong though. There are zero fun things for dog owners to do with there furry ones up here, and I'm always jealous when I see huge dog parks, restaurants that allows dogs outside, etc. lol The only things I can do with Kale in town is take him for walks and to the dinky dog park that's the size of my thumbnail. People in the valley are boring and don't like to get out and do outdoorsy things, and they are extremely anal! I so don't fit in here No The bay is not as bad, but gas is so expensive, it's hard to go often.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 pm

This seriously happens to me almost every month. I live in a tiny town in southeast Nebraska. People here have dogs just to have dogs. Once they own them, they let the dogs loose. When Sheba was just learning to walk on a leash, we got attacked by an off leash Rat Terrier and Sheba has never been the same. I have the Animal Shield from PetSmart as well, and I can say from experience that it works. I have never had a crazy aggressive dog try to eat us or anything, but with Sheba in heat right now, I take no precautions.
A young male teenager caught our scent and I had picked Sheba up and he tried biting my legs to get me put her down. I had to kick him in the ribs and then spray him with the Shield. It worked. It didn't make me happy, but you have to protect your baby. I have also started to carry an extra bright flash light to attract attention if needed.

We have had a spree of labs bring stolen for years on and off for lab research. It was very, very sad. In the surrounding areas there have been about 30 purebred Labradors stolen. So believe me, it happens. Walk tall and be imposing. Never text or talk on your cell, never listen to an IPod or MP3. Always be aware of what is going on around you. Don't ever look weak or scared. It's really sketchy around my area at night so I always try to look as daunting as I can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 pm

My neighborhood isn't bad but EVEryone has a dog just for cheap protection. It's sad because I see about two people who regularly walk their dogs and then everyone else keeps theirs tethered out front all day to deter break ins. It means that on walks we get barked at incessantly by neighbor dogs the whole time.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

We have several dogs in the neighborhood but I only see two or three dog parents walking the dogs beside us.. I feel so sorry for the dogs they are stuck in the back yards and not walked.

My hubby is always afraid someone will steal our babies if I leave them in the car for a few minutes.

Okay back to topic Blaze and I was brother not attach by a chi. one time on our walk I tried to leash him and try and find his owner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We were attacked while walking!   We were attacked while walking! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We were attacked while walking!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2