It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What time does your husky wake you up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

What time does your husky wake you up? Empty
PostSubject: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 pm

On regular days, Kingsley will wake us up at 6am for a potty break, then he'll go back to sleep until 7:30am, when he wants to be let out of his crate to play. Then it's breakfast time at 8am and I can get maybe another hour of sleep while he eats and takes a mid morning nap. I HAVE to wake up for him at 9am without any hopes of going back to sleep because he is READY to play.

What sucks is when I have to work because I can't really play with him as long as he'd like to before it's breakfast time for him.

What time does your dog wake you up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm

I wake her unless I'm out of the house before she's up.
On weekends she'll occasionally get me up, but if I feed her she'll sleep for another hour and a half. She's always been a good sleeper. I wish I slept as well as she does sometimes haha.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Usually they don't.

I roll out of bed on weekdays at 6:00am for their walk and on those days I have to wake them up... I don't have morning dogs.....

They sleep by the foot of the bed until we get up, even on weekends and if it we happen to sleep until 11:00am they will just sleep.

On the rare occasion if they have to pee or feel they need to go out they will Whoo, stare, or punch us until we wake up and let them out. That really is the exception though.

~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Holy crap that sounds awesome. My pup is an early riser. I wake him up in the middle of the night still every three hours to pee, but I would LOOOOOVE for him to sleep until 11am.
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

Male Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Nikko had me up at 5-5:30am for over a month. Every day. I probably could've gone back to sleep, but once I get up it takes me a while to fall back. Nowadays I just naturally wake up around 7-7:30 (thanks Nikko, haha) and he's awake just waiting for me to wake up and take him out.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

During the week I have to wake them up at 6am to potty, eat and for their morning walk and they go back to bed while I get ready for work.

On weekends Yukon usually wakes me up around 8am to potty and eat, but Nikko would sleep all morning if I let him LOL. We will go downstairs to potty, eat and back upstairs for more sleep until about 9:30am.

Yukon is more apt to wake me up, Nikko would just sleep all morning if he could!
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Bella licks my face starting at 6am until I get up to take her out. Then it's on to a busy morning of terrorizing the cats or getting into things she shouldn't be in so I usually bait her to her crate with a meal and make my breakfast in peace. I would love if she had a snooze. and if she does sleep late the second my alarm goes off she tries to wake me up, so I guess that's good.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Luna get's up at 6 everyday but Thursday when I wake her up at 5 so she can go to daycare and I can go to school. Weekends she is sometimes nice and will let me sleep in until 7 Razz
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

They get up whenever I get up to get fed and then go back to bed. I'm up at 4AM M-Th, we usually sleep in until 10AM on days off, though I wake up usually between 5-8AM out of habit to feed them but then it's back to sleep.

They're like Chris'. On my sick days we have plenty 2PM wake ups, haha. I never had the issue during puppyhood either. Koda 4 years ago use to want early walks but that lasted two months- it was like 7-9 months. Ro has always been an all day napper from day one.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Kale never wakes me up; he will lay with me sleeping till I get up Very Happy we're a match made in the heavens LOL we've layed in bed together till 2-3pm (I feed him at 7:30-8 every morning. I usually have to shake him awake lol) I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm

hypers987 wrote:
Kale never wakes me up; he will lay with me sleeping till I get up Very Happy we're a match made in the heavens LOL we've layed in bed together till 2-3pm (I feed him at 7:30-8 every morning. I usually have to shake him awake lol) I love you

jeez, Kale sounds like the dream dog (also according to your instagram updates).
I really really really hope Kingsley ends up enjoying sleep as much as we dooooo.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Most days Kerian l will wake up at sometime around 5:30am till 6 am. John usually gets up when she does lets her and Blaze out he then will start working (he works from home). Now Blaze will sleep later if we let him. I get up shortly afterwards I have been feeding them around 7am. We usually walk them sometime after I feed them.

Now my pups got to bed at about 8:30 pm most nights.

Well last night Kerian got us up at 2:30am whining she need to got out bad.. They sleep in our room on the floor.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Saya is a good sleeper thankfully. We wake her up at 6 or 7 for her usual walk she comes back home stares out the window plays for maybe 20 minutes and falls back to sleep, she has been asleep since 8. She will usually wake up at maybe 11:30 be up for 2 or so hours and go back to sleep. Now that I think about it Saya sleeps as much as a cat. Thankfully because those 6-8 hours that she spends awake are a living hell for us.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Koda is still a pup but.. Usually he goes to bed sometime between 9:30-11 and then wakes up around 530 for potty break then he gors back to sleep till 6:30 or 7.. However he was wierdthis morning.. He woke up at 1:30, 4:30, and 6:30.. Then i got up with him around 8 and feed him and he decided to jump in the shower wit me (he usually is afraid to come in)..
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Maya used to never wake me up and would just sleep until i got up. Now she's up poking me with her nose or tickling me till i wake up and Kay will walk around in her kennel in my bedroom. Sophie will cry in her kennel downstairs when she wants me to wake up. Luckily no one has been home in the mornings lately so i can just ignore her for the 2-3 hours she cries. Because of that she hasn't been doing it lately. They usually wake me up anywhere from 8:44-10:00am.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Then i got up with him around 8 and feed him and he decided to jump in the shower wit me (he usually is afraid to come in)..
Lol. Korra always wants in. So now I crate her while I shower and she cries.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Lucian can't really wake me up in the morning. He sleeps in the kitchen, and I'm upstairs. But if I happen to fall asleep on the couch, and don't put the gate up, he'll still wait until my alarm goes off to wake me up.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Juneau & Haku wake up whenever I get up! LOL. They're up when I get them out around 8AM on weekdays, but weekends they'll chill til 11AM when I sleep in.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:15 pm

I start getting ready for work 4:30am during the work week and let Loki out. On the weekend, Loki normally wakes me up with a cold nose on the cheek around 7:30am no later then 8:00 though
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Nicky and Hayden are my alarm clock waking me up at 6:30am mon-fri by jumping on the bed and howling. Saturday and Sunday they know to sleep in. They actually let me sleep in until almost 11am last Saturday. Brandi doesn't care what time we wake up, she's up when we're up. Smile
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Anakin is a odd one, he wakes up about 6-7 most days and wants to eat and play. Around noon he'll pass out for a few hours and will wake up around 3 for lunch. He heads to bed around 10-12 most nights. This is his daily routine mon-sat. I've learned to sleep when he does whenever I don't have class.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

5:38am jack got me up today to go potty. sometimes they wait till im up a 6am. with ken home they just go back up to bed with him till he gets up and feeds them. weekends im up a 7am but most of the time they get me up at 5:30-6 and i go back to bed till 7. damn dogs!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Mine dogs don't wake me up. My dogs knows better than to wake me up, they get up when I get up and that's that. However on rare occasions if my sibe happens to have diarrhea then he will wake me up to take him outside and I am very grateful that he does. Razz

Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Sky wakes me up at 9:00 every morning. She's almost exact with it too. Every morning I look at the clock when she's nosing me and talking, its usually 8:59 - 9:01.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Mine dogs don't wake me up. My dogs knows better than to wake me up, they get up when I get up and that's that. However on rare occasions if my sibe happens to have diarrhea then he will wake me up to take him outside and I am very grateful that he does. Razz

Yea I had to train Kale not to wake me lol when he was younger, he would bark, jump on the bed, pounce on me, paw at my face, etc. I would lay there, not moving, with my eyes closed and with steady breathing. He would eventually go lay on the couch. When he was silent for about 10 mins, I would get up. Course at that point I knew a potty bark and an attention bark. His potty bark is lower and "manly" lol and he doesn't act excited, his attention bark is high pitched and he acts super excited and frantic. It only took a week to curb him waking me up lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? Empty

Back to top Go down

What time does your husky wake you up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next