It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What time does your husky wake you up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Mine dogs don't wake me up. My dogs knows better than to wake me up, they get up when I get up and that's that. However on rare occasions if my sibe happens to have diarrhea then he will wake me up to take him outside and I am very grateful that he does. Razz

That's Pippa! I get up different times each day and she'll usually lay there until I get up. Some Saturdays she'll get up before I do and want out. Most of the time when I'm getting up for class she'll lay on the bed even when I go get in the shower. Then I'll go and let her out and sometimes then I have to physically get her out of bed.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Saber doesn't wake me up, I usually wake him up. 4am when I have to work. On weekends, if I get up to use the bathroom, I'll usually let him out too. He knows to potty and come right back in.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Usually about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off lol
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

It depends what time we go to bed. If we go to bed early and he doesn't get to go out one last time, he will usually get us up between 12 and 2am to go out, then we wake him up at around 5:30 or 6am when we get up to get ready for the day. If we stay up and let him out one more time around 10:30 or 11, he will sleep through the night. If left to his own devices and we are sleeping in, he's up around 8am to be fed, then will fall back asleep on the couch for awhile.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm

jbealer wrote:
5:38am jack got me up today to go potty. sometimes they wait till im up a 6am. with ken home they just go back up to bed with him till he gets up and feeds them. weekends im up a 7am but most of the time they get me up at 5:30-6 and i go back to bed till 7. damn dogs!

Exactly! They wake up between 6am and 6:10am. On bad mornings...545am. IF i feed them at that time they (or I should say KODY) will sleep until 830am/9am. If I don't feed them, he'll start his ANNOYING complaining at 7am and WILL NOT stop until I get up and give him his food. Ugh! Asia will sleep, but Mya joins in with Kody!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

My dogs sometimes sleep until 9am lol I've layed in bed with both Ro and Ewe until like 11.... My dogs are lazy.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

My huskies would face a terrifying wrath if they thought waking me up was a good idea. Lol.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm with heather - my dogs know better haha.

Seriously though, Cato and Delilah are lazy house dogs, they'd sleep all day
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm

I get up M-F at 4AM and sleep in late on weekends. The first week I started working, on Saturday Rogue curled up to me and was trying to hint to me to wake up.. threw her off the bed and she got the point, lol
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Kato and Karma wake up around 7 am.

However, my puppy wakes me up at 1 am, and again at 3 am!!

She's fully pad trained, but she just wants someone to play with...Sigh!
Did I mention I'm not a morning person..lol
Back to top Go down
mtmoser
Newborn
Newborn
mtmoser

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Nekko is only 8 weeks so we put him in his crate between 10-11pm. I'm still setting my alarm to let him out at 3am then he goes out again when we get up for work at 6:30. Other than the first two nights after we brought him home he does not wake us up. Many times at 3am I have to wake him up and carry him outside.
Back to top Go down
Loki2012
Puppy
Puppy
Loki2012

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

No matter what I get a nose against my nose at 6am, usually I take him out and try to go back to sleep but generally he will sit on my and smack me until I get up again lol
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Kavik already sleeps through the night. I usually put him to bed at 9:00 so I can get ready myself. He sleeps in his kennel at the foot of my bed so I can hear him moving around when he wakes up. He won't start crying until 7:45 - 8:00 am. I usually try to sneak out of the room a little earlier to get dressed and ready before taking him out. It's impossible to do anything when he's awake Razz
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Does their wake up time usually get later, or at least potentially later, as they age?

Link is 3.5 months and he is up at 6:30-7 everyday and he won't settle down again to sleep at all until nap time around 10:30. It would be so nice to sleep in till at least 9 on days off. On a few rare occasions we've taken him out at 6:30 or so to pee and then we would sneak in another 1-1.5 hours of sleep, but this is not common, unfortunately.

He does sleep solid throughout the night with no interruptions at all, so that's good at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

I feel you on that one. Mishka is up at 6:30-7am on the weekends. He just started throwing a fit around 5:45-5:55 am when I am getting out of the shower on weekdays. I generally take him out around 6am on weekdays but on the weekends I hold out as long as possible now that he doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night to potty. And there is no getting him to go nap/sleep after he's up, goes potty, and eats. It's all play play play for at least a few hours! By then I can't go back to sleep because once I'm up, I'm up.

I wish he would at least sleep until 8am on the weekends though. Sigh.

seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:02 pm

yeah, and the "ignore him" in this case doesn't do much good if the goal is to sleep Sad
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Ghost was like that really until a few months ago. She was up like clockwork at 0600, and actually saved my bacon a couple times when my alarm didn't go off. Now, she sort of cracks one eye open when I get up and gives me this look like "just go back to bed, mom!" Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Haha, how old is Ghost?

I realize the urgent need to get up NOW is his bladder, which is fine. I just want to teach the "And resume peaceful sleep" command Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm

She'll be 2 in 2 weeks Smile

They'll eventually get that resume peaceful sleeping command, but for now it really is like having a small child in the house.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Ha, yep. Happy Birthday to Ghost.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

We put Micole to bed around 10:00-10:30, she wakes me up around 3:00 am to go pee, my husband wakes up around 6:00 am and lets her out to play and pee.. whatever she wants to do till he leaves to go to work and then he puts her back up again. I get to sleep till about 9:30 am and that is when my alarm goes off. I have tried to ignore her ... it doesn't work. She will keep at it till I get up.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Sheba wasn't too bad when she was younger. She would wake up early to go outside to go potty, then she would go back to sleep until about 10 when I woke up. For awhile it was pretty bad when I was on a set work schedule, I hated that. It was like a 9-5 type thing and the girls got so set in their ways it was awful trying to get them out of that routine.

Now, Sheba will occasionally whine to try to wake me up in the morning, but after like 15 minutes she will go back to sleep. Kennedy does this thing were she will put her head right next to mine and just stare at me. If that doesn't work she will just curl back up into a ball and wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Bodhi doesn't wake us up in the morning since we started letting him sleep in his crate with the door open. Now he just gets up, comes out and waits for us. When his crate door was shut, he'd start to whine and scratch at first light.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Darwin sleeps in the bed, and Watson has his bed on the floor next to mine. I typically get up before them during the week, and feed them/let them out and they head back to sleep since the rest of the house is sleeping when I leave for class. Darwin will occasionally wake me up at 3am or 4am, if he's gotta go bad. Darwin is always content to sleep in with you any morning of the week. Watson on the other hand, if he hasn't been fed by 9 at the latest, he gets extremely antsy and will get up in the bed to wake you up. Once you feed him he's happy to go back to sleep. Lucky with them they weren't bad as pups, and allow me my precious hours on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Shaqua and I know each other pretty well. She sleeps on the floor and waits until my alarm goes off a few times before she jumps on the bed to wake me up. (I use the snooze button a bit too much and she waits until she knows I can handle being woken up). On the weekends she waits until I start moving around (I usually read the news from my phone in my bed before I get up) then she jumps up and cuddles with me. <3 I am truly blessed to have a dog that meshes with me so well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What time does your husky wake you up?   What time does your husky wake you up? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What time does your husky wake you up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next