It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 am

CatDen wrote:
I'm guessing she googled Hells Hollow Huskies and came across this forum. Which is suspicious in itself.
Actually, it's not that hard. You set up a google alert quite easily for anytime a particular name comes up. I have one set for me as a real estate agent, to make sure if any negative reviews are posted of me, I can address them immediately. They most likely have a search set up for their kennel name and anything else like that.

However, that doesn't take away from the extreme idiocy they've shown by denying you a puppy for seeking an outside opinion. As if it wasn't bad enough they were a BYB, they had to go and be douche bags too. Oops... that wasn't very Amicable of me was it? Told you I didn't have much nice to say about this situation Evil or Very Mad

people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 am

I hope you find a pup soon.

Please do consider a rescue pup you can find young one here also.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?N=&Nf=coords%7CGCGT+32.986117904903%2C-83.5351+-1&No=25&Ns=coords%2832.986117904903%2C-83.5351%29%7C%7Cshelter_name%7C%7Canimal_type%7C%7Cpet_breed_1%7C%7Cpet_breed_2%7C%7Cidentifier&Ntk=animal_type%7Cpet_breed%7Crecord_type%7Cstatus&N
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 am

Koda wrote:
CatDen wrote:
I'm guessing she googled Hells Hollow Huskies and came across this forum. Which is suspicious in itself.
Actually, it's not that hard. You set up a google alert quite easily for anytime a particular name comes up. I have one set for me as a real estate agent, to make sure if any negative reviews are posted of me, I can address them immediately. They most likely have a search set up for their kennel name and anything else like that.

However, that doesn't take away from the extreme idiocy they've shown by denying you a puppy for seeking an outside opinion. As if it wasn't bad enough they were a BYB, they had to go and be douche bags too. Oops... that wasn't very Amicable of me was it? Told you I didn't have much nice to say about this situation Evil or Very Mad

Hahaha. Don't worry, I've had some very nice things to say about them since yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 am

Husky mum wrote:

I honestly hope the breeder comes away from this with a different way of looking at the situation and realise what she has put you through. I don't think you had any nefarious intentions with your questions, but you were just doing your due diligence and asking outside of the breeder who has a vested intrest in wether you buy the pup or not.
By the way the breeder is trying to cover up the things that have been pointed out, I seriously doubt it. Mad

CatDen wrote:
Hopefully this will pop up when people google Hell's Hollow Huskies, because I'd hate for anyone to have to go through what you two have. Especially since they're changing their website to appear more reputable after their faults have been pointed out.

Please do let us know how the puppy (or rescue) search goes, I'm glad you haven't given up because of some dickheads, and that you'll be sticking around here Smile
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 am

ME TOO. It seriously worries me that someone else might go through the same thing.

I'll definitely be keeping things updated. We've had a few leads, so I'm hoping one of those works out!

We've had our hearts set on getting a Sibe pup for a while, so we're not giving up yet! Smile
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Female Join date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 am

This is awful - I guess it just wasn't meant to be and your perfect pup is out there waiting for you to snatch it up Smile I hope you find one soon!

You would think if they came across this forum and saw your post instead of refunding your money they should have e-mailed you telling you how they felt and answered the concerns themselves right then and there to clear the air. But I guess doing research and asking for opinions means you would make an unfit owner. The apartment excuse is BS so many people raise high energy dogs in apartments, it's how you exercise them on a daily basis and keep them stimulated that matters the most! It just makes going outside to pee a little more annoying then just opening a door lol.

Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 am

We're looking for it!

That's what I would do, but hey, they obviously have something to hide. I agree. We know good and well that Huskies need consistant exercise. If we didn't have a way to give it all it needs, we wouldn't be looking for one in the first place. Geeze.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 am

Melissa911 wrote:
This is awful - I guess it just wasn't meant to be and your perfect pup is out there waiting for you to snatch it up Smile I hope you find one soon!

You would think if they came across this forum and saw your post instead of refunding your money they should have e-mailed you telling you how they felt and answered the concerns themselves right then and there to clear the air. But I guess doing research and asking for opinions means you would make an unfit owner. The apartment excuse is BS so many people raise high energy dogs in apartments, it's how you exercise them on a daily basis and keep them stimulated that matters the most! It just makes going outside to pee a little more annoying then just opening a door lol.

There are plenty of people with lovely homes and massive yards who have dogs that don't get any exercise. There are many clients who have appeared on it's me or the dog that have all that and the dog still gets no exercise and is stuck pent up in the kennel. My point is, even people with homes and yards aren't always appropriate . You on the other hand seem like you have a lot to offer a dog, and you live in an apartment. Hmm would you look at tha.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 am

Cat and Denise, as an alternative (if you're interested, totally understand if you're not) follow some of the Facebook husky crossposters in your area - they frequently come across purebred husky pups in shelters or being owner surrendered, and will network them. You can also set up a petharbor.com email alert for huskies and beat the rescues to the shelter. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am

Quote :
Isn't it entertaining when I go online and find that the purebred status of my dogs have been questioned? It isn't that you questioned them so much as you went behind my back to do it. We have nothing to hide, and are actually a little hurt that you felt as though you couldn't ask us.

Quote :
YES, All our Siberians are full blooded and have pedigrees. We have been doing this a long time now. Please don't ask me. I wouldn't be going through the trouble of showcasing them on this website if they were not!!

Hells Hollow Huskies - About us.

Isn't entertaining you specifically ask NOT to be asked this question. I'm a little hurt that you refuse to offer as much information as you can and that you are going behind everyone's backs claiming a merle was a Pure.

SHAME on someone for trying to educate themselves.... HOW DARE they find a forum where they can get ready for their new addition and request information of the members about a breed they have little knowledge of.

Anyways you are better off... Any breeder who won't guaranty their pups if you don't fill out a form but still SELL them to you is a BYB through and through.

Quote :
No application = NO health guarantee. If you aren't willing to let us know how our puppy will be taken care of, we will definitely NOT guarantee their health. To validate your health guarantee, you must have your puppy checked within 72 hours* by a licensed veterinarian and send us the results to validate it. To see a copy of the health guarantee prior to picking up your puppy, please email me and I will forward it to you.

Hells Hollow Huskies - Policies and Procedures

I liked this part too.

Quote :
Now that we know you couldn't come to us for your answers, we think that it is best for you to look for your puppy elsewhere. We didn't like the idea of him cooped up in an apartment. Your deposit has been refunded.

Quote :
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE PUPPIES TO PROSPECTIVE OWNERS TO WHOM WE FEEL WILL NOT PROVIDE A HEALTHY, LOVING, AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT.

Hells Hollow Huskies - Policies and Procedures

Shame on them for using a tool to find out information before they got the pup. Sure shows the environment it was going into was not going to be Healthy, Loving, or nurturing. Since when does an apartment have ANYTHING to do with how well a dog is cared for?

Your better off without these tools. The site is a joke and so are the breeders.

~Chris~

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am

We're only page 3 of google if you search "Hell's Hollow Huskies"... however....

If you search "Hell's Hollow Huskies reviews" guess whose is the FIRST link to pop up? Good. I'm glad. I'm happy to let others know the type of people that are "breeding" their puppy.

CatDen-- Have you gone on Yelp and other places to review them? I would encourage you to do so and feel free to link them to this thread Smile

people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 pm

I read this thread from beginning to end and I'm sorry you had to go through this whole ordeal.

I love how you got rejected because you did some research on your own and wanted unbiased data from fellow owners of the breed who could educate you in a field that you may or may not be completely knowledgeable in, in order to quell any doubt. Wow...just...wow.

She acted like a child and tried to play victim in her email because you needed an outside opinion on the quality of her puppies when she claims "SHE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE!" People who stand by their "product"(or pup in this case) shouldn't be acting in such a way they usually stand up and deliver their proof that they are what they claim they are. I'm sure you'll find another pup (I wish you luck ^.^) and don't worry karma has a great way of balancing things out.
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Female Join date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
Melissa911 wrote:

There are plenty of people with lovely homes and massive yards who have dogs that don't get any exercise. There are many clients who have appeared on it's me or the dog that have all that and the dog still gets no exercise and is stuck pent up in the kennel. My point is, even people with homes and yards aren't always appropriate . You on the other hand seem like you have a lot to offer a dog, and you live in an apartment. Hmm would you look at tha.

Completely agree! - Actually my boyfriends parents own a lab puppy and a blue pointer both of which stay inside and sleep all day, the lab is only a year old and is now overweight because every time the dogs bug them, they give them a treat and shoe them away to go lay back down. When they go out in the back yard they go alone and are sooo bored. They don't go for walks, to the park, see other dogs other then mine..NOTHING...and they are in a beautiful house with a huge back yard. ( and they have a MASSIVE park right off their backyard through the gate that they never use) It's heartbreaking
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Purely from a business stand point what she did was dumb. You should expect people to research you and your product, provide them any info that might come up frequently. Also, if I was a breeder I would be over joyed that a prospective owner was researching things, that shows they care and is only a good thing. She just didn't like that people here were leery of her. I wish the OP the best of luck in your search but you probably dodged a bullet here.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

small update - we are on the first page when you search them now. Just thought everyone should know Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   people - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5