It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

is my dog a husky or a malamute x

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

Male Join date : 2013-02-24

is my dog a husky or a malamute x Empty
PostSubject: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:06 pm

hi everyone im a newbie and tbh didnt follow proper buying tips. we recently bought our husky? pup they were advertised as huskies and when we went to see him he was with his mother who was a husky and when we lifted him his mother did cry. we were told the father was only brought in as a stud. tbh i didnt really care about papers because i have no intention of breeding him. i really do not mind if hes not a full breed because hes a brilliant loving and extremely intellegint dog but im just curious. i took him to get microchipped and there was a guy with a husky adopting another husky who told me he thinks hes a malamute. any help would be great. ill love him none the less but curiosity is getting to me
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm

We really need pictures to help in determining if he is Husky or Malamute of mixed.
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Check out the ears, husky ears are closer together, malamutes are much farther apart and their heads tend to be larger as with their entire body frame.
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Sorry was on mobile veiw and wouldnt let me upload or edit my post

is my dog a husky or a malamute x 2013-02-03172027

is my dog a husky or a malamute x 2013-02-02135921
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Oh my goodness, he is soooo fluffy he must be so awesome to cuddle with lol! How cute! He definitely looks Malamute to me
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm

How old is your puppy.. ?? I would guess just a guess Husky/mal mix but I am no expert.

Oh and welcome he is so cute and fluffy he could be a wooly husky.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Very cute! He looks like a fluffy Husky pup to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

https://2img.net/h/i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/ryan-555/2013-02-02135921.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/ryan-555/2013-02-03172027.jpg
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Oh that a tough one - looks like mix to me.
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:12 pm

He was 11 weeks yesterday an yeah he is awesome for cuddles but very rarely get them hed rather lick my face or bite my hair i assume its him trying to clean it
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Haha my pup is the same way. She has this thing with trying to eat my hair, weirdos! He could possibly be a mix but looks more malamute IMO. How much does he weigh??
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Last friday he was 7kg but ive noticed growth. i know his mother is a husky because i seen her she had the shorter coat I didnt think anything of it thinking it was puppy fur or something. It doesnt bother me wouldnt have him any other way
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Hmmmm, maybe his father was a mal or mix..Since you didn't see him or have papers it will be hard to tell until he grows a bit. Be sure to post lotssss of pictures as he gets big Very Happy Either way, he's still a handsome fluff ball I love you
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Yeah hes just brilliant i absoloutely adore him i cant wait to he gets big. do you think it will be more obvious when hes bigger? My girlfriend loves the fact he might stay as fluffy
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Your pup has beautiful colouring and features. He definitely look like a Mal to me with that broad head, ears, big bone and paws. It will be more obvious when he is bigger. You can see the tail, shoulder blades and they put on weight like crazy. He might be a Mal X. He will stay fluffy and may be either a wooly or long coat. My Mal puppy turned out to be a long coat but when Lycan was the age of your pup, his fur is shorter.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Lol! I agree with her there, just make sure you stay on top of brushing him! I brush Selena every day and she still sheds all over the house but it helps a lot. I would assume a couple weeks and you'll be able to see more of his features. Selena changed so much from 10 weeks to 14 weeks. Also has he been to the vet yet, they might have an idea. Like I said post more pics as he grows and I'm sure everyone will chime in on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 pm

looks like a wooly husky to me, and so darn cute and cuddly!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Ya it should be easier to tell when he gets bigger cause in general mals weigh more. And i can want for mu pup to get bigger to.. My gf keeps saying she wishes he can stay small lol!! Haha your pup is awsome though!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 am

Earset and facial features just look husky to me...he's probably just out of standard is all. He's super cute. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 am

I say mix, he looks just like our mal as a pup
Back to top Go down
Ryan-5555
Newborn
Newborn
Ryan-5555

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 am

Thanks for the help and the compliments. heres fresh pictures from this morning

is my dog a husky or a malamute x 2013-02-25090343

is my dog a husky or a malamute x 2013-02-25092342
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is my dog a husky or a malamute x   is my dog a husky or a malamute x Empty

Back to top Go down

is my dog a husky or a malamute x

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1