It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy escape artist!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

Puppy escape artist! Empty
PostSubject: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm

After our scare the other night I thought our antics would be over for awhile but well I come to you guys with another tale and to ask for help. My dog has become an escape artist,I don't know how he did it. He had to have become smoke because the crate was intact and normal looking although it was on its side.

Anyone have any tips for making a crate a little bit more escape proof? I was thinking of trying carabiners to reinforce the locks on the kennel. Or maybe getting one of those solid wooden ones with the latch. I've been playing
around with a few ideas since I came into the room and found him curled up peacefully next to his crate instead of inside it.

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 pm

I read on here that some use the carabiners to reinforce the locks and the connecting panels. It never hurts to just be on the safe side and lock that thing up in as many places as possible.

bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I have Lola's crate secured to the wall so she can't tip it over. Our first crate was metal wire and I used some zip ties to make it stronger.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Also, make sure all the entrances are secured with the carabiners - I could see myself forgetting if I had the three door one (that's why I only got the one door version) Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

When Sheba was younger, she would escape out of her kennel to and I had no idea how she was doing it! So I set my phone up infront of her kennel so I could record her, and I "left". Turns out if the bottom wasn't latched securely, she could basically open that part and then she just squeezed out.

You could try recording him and see how he does it and then work com there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:42 pm

bellecma wrote:
Our first crate was metal wire and I used some zip ties to make it stronger.

i also done this with both of my crates....better safe than sorry
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

So far today he hasn't escaped it yet, at least not the last time I went to check on him when I got back from class. Regardless of if he makes another escape or not I'm going to reinforce that crate and make it as escape proof as possible,then again he will out grow that one in another month or so, so I might just get a new one and work on that one.
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Female Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

My dalmatian could pull her metal crate apart. To this day if i have to crate her i have to put the small master locks on all sides that pull apart. Luckily rogue is doing okay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy escape artist!   Puppy escape artist! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy escape artist!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1