It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JayBeeMusik22
Newborn
Newborn
JayBeeMusik22

Male Join date : 2010-05-31

WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS Empty
PostSubject: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Ok, I got a few concerns, but let me start with my BIG Concern. I just got a 7 month old husky and I've noticed something in her poop lately, I don't know what it is, but you can view the picture below.
WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS Untitl10

It's been a few days since then and now she has diarrhea, one of the 10 she's went (with-in 2 days) I noticed solid little white things (maybe little worms) inside the diarrhea (maybe something she ate?). And my last concern is about hiccups, she has had a case of hiccups (on and off) for the last 3-4 days. Can anybody help me figure this out?
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 am

Time for a Vet visit
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 am

Hiccups are totally normal especially in a puppy. It's funny and unnerving to see, but most of the time they're nothing to worry about.

However, TAKE HER TO THE VET NOW. I'd say you almost definitely have worms on your hands and you want to get that taken care of right away.

No need for serious alarm, but yeah... vet-- asap.

WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:18 pm

yea either worms or a parasite! Sniper had worms and a parasite when we bought her from the breeder!! We went thru a long ordeal trying to get rid of the worms! And she had pin worms and round worms i think. I know she had 2 different types!! Definitely a vet issue and will take several weeks of treating her with meds!! but thats why the diarrhea is there. its gross i know! been thru it too many times at our house!!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayBeeMusik22
Newborn
Newborn
JayBeeMusik22

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

Female Join date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Worms are intestinal parasites... If they look like rice then it's tapes if it looks like spaghetti it's rounds... Either way OTC wormer is not effective and your dog should
have a stool sample checked to make sure it's not carrying anything else...
Like maybe coccidia which is a Protozoa that lives in the stool
and can cause diarrhea... Vet visit is your best bet...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm

So has there been any up date on your little girl? did you find out what she has?

Newborn
Newborn
JayBeeMusik22

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 pm

It was worms, but I got all her shots up to date and she hasn't had any problems. Still keeping an eye out to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Glad she's going to be alright. Good job on catching it... hope she feels better soon!

WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS   WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS Empty

Back to top Go down

WORMS-DIARRHEA-HICCUPS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1