It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New to the Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

New to the Community - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

I'm glad it helped. That is an awful lot of times to go, hopefully he starts being able to hold it for longer amounts of time. Is he just being a typical young boy and only sprinkling a little each time or is he actually emptying his bladder when he goes?

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 am

Im gonna add another potty training tip so you can start working on him telling you when he has to go... Still take him out every hour.. But get a bell to hang by the door he goes out and have him ring it then take him out right away.. And do this every single time you take him out.. If he goes up to it and rings it just to play with it.. Outside he goes right away.. He will pick up on that quick.. And eventually ring the bell whem he has to go.. If you cant get s bell i would defintly have him atleast sit ifront of the door everytime before u take him out. I gotta start the bell with koda still. I keep forgetin to buy one lol.. But my cousin does that with his dog and i read alot about people doing it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am

Welcome, and thanks for saving him! Glad the times out are helping, I will add a side note that I did not see posted but have you taken him to a vet yet? Is he UTD on his shouts and could he have a UTI? Also as soon as he is able to get him in to be fixed so you don't end up with a teenager marking everything in your house. Glad u found us.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 am

jbealer wrote:
Welcome, and thanks for saving him! Glad the times out are helping, I will add a side note that I did not see posted but have you taken him to a vet yet? Is he UTD on his shouts and could he have a UTI? Also as soon as he is able to get him in to be fixed so you don't end up with a teenager marking everything in your house. Glad u found us.
Since you brougjt up marking.. About how old when they start marking? And if i get koda fixed right at 6 months does this avoid the marking stage usuaally?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 am

Eric, wish I had an answer but every boy is diff, as soon as koda is at the right age/weight I would do it just to be a head of it. I adopted adults that came fixed so I never had to deal with it. Others might chim in.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am

I heard of the right age.. What is about thr right size? Im goijng to the vet tomorrow i suppose i can ask him all this stuff lol.. Im just impatient
Back to top Go down
swhite_27
Newborn
Newborn
swhite_27

Male Join date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 pm

jbealer wrote:

He has been to the vet, but he is not fixed yet. Since he is not having accidents i his crate all night I don't suspect UTI, but we are going to check. I have a feeling he just isn't emptying his bladder all the way when he goes..

He'll be going back to the vet next week so I will have more info then. By the way, he is know on day two with no accidents! Yey!!!! Now if we can just get the nipping under contol Smile
Back to top Go down
swhite_27
Newborn
Newborn
swhite_27

Male Join date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Im gonna add another potty training tip so you can start working on him telling you when he has to go... Still take him out every hour.. But get a bell to hang by the door he goes out and have him ring it then take him out right away.. And do this every single time you take him out.. If he goes up to it and rings it just to play with it.. Outside he goes right away.. He will pick up on that quick.. And eventually ring the bell whem he has to go.. If you cant get s bell i would defintly have him atleast sit ifront of the door everytime before u take him out. I gotta start the bell with koda still. I keep forgetin to buy one lol.. But my cousin does that with his dog and i read alot about people doing it.

Eric, I put a bell up on the back door this morning. He is yet to use it, but I ring it myself whenever I let him outside. I'm still getting him outside once an hour (unless he tells me sooner) and we he is doing great. Thanks for the advice with the bell. If he gets the hang of it, I won't have to jump up and see if he is going to the door for is half a sec tell.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Community   New to the Community - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the Community

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2