It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Central FL!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

Hello from Central FL! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Chelsi, and I'm about to be a new mommy to an 8 week old husky named Koda. (Haha, not to be confused with the moderator named 'Koda' on IAHT!) Here are a few pictures of him (he's only 6.5 weeks right now, so we'll get him soon): http://www.mikaylakennels.com/Maddie%20Pups%20Slide/abe_wow.html

I couldn't believe how many times Google would direct me to this forum when I typed in questions! Lots of my husky info I've already received here, so I finally just decided to sign up! Smile

I am also looking for anyone in the central florida location! I'm in Winter Park (near Orlando) and I'd love for Koda to have some husky friends!

I'll be stalking the forums for a few more answers but I'll probably also end up posting asking a few specific questions as well!

Nice to meet everyone!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Welcome! Your pup is adorable!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Welcome to the forum, Koda is stunning Smile
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Aww, thank you both so much!! It's nice to meet you both! Smile

Thank you! I haven't gotten to meet him yet as the breeder is a ways away from us, but he is certainly a cutey! We get him on the 29th, and we can't wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:09 pm

I've never had to wait on a pup but i was dying waiting to get Kay. I kept thinking the shelter would adopt her out to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Your babies are so cute Abby, and Kay is so adorable! I'm glad you got her! Smile

At first I was SO impatient but waiting has been pretty awesome for me, actually, because it's given me more time to prepare. I've helped raise a lab and a boxer / pit mix, but admitantly my Fiance and I were more always cat people. We never expected to adopt a dog, EVER. The only dog breed that he and I both love, you guessed it, is huskies.

We were in the market searching for a cat but suddenly our path took an unexpected turn and we ended up deciding a husky would better suit us! Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks! Yeah i've never really been a dog person. I liked them but they always seemed to stink and i hated getting all slobbery. Then we got a husky and another and another.
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Hehe! I'm waiting for our family to probably end up growing like that, too. Razz To be honest I wasn't planning on having a dog because I'm a Emetophobic. So having to clean up after a dog like that.. yeah.

But after reading so much about Huskies--I just couldn't help myself! The happiness far outweighs the fear! Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Ah yeah, my pups make me happy when they're not making want to pull my hair out. But that's just because i have three and two of them don't exactly get along well. When it was just Maya it was easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Aww, hehe! Really!? I can't imagine two huskies not getting along! But I guess that's an unreasonable thought that huskies can get along with everything and everyone. XD
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Awww hes adorable Smile I was going to name Zuko the same thing except spell it Kodah but some how he liked Zuko and it just stuck! haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Thank you! And your Zuko is a cutie as well!

Gosh, I WAS going to spell it "Kodah" as well! LOL! How ironic! I don't know what made me drop the "H" but I did, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Thank you Smile

Haha I took FOREVER to pick a name.I finally had it narrowed down between those two and he answered to Zuko so I thought why not? haha. I wanted the H on the end just so it would look different I like interesting looking names LOL.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome! Your pup is adorable! Your probably got forwarded here so much because two girls on here just got puppies from the same breeder as you lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I know I felt the same way about the "H" Autumn! Very Happy

Hi Jennet! Thank you! Smile Oh gosh I am so happy that they did--are they on here, I'd love to contact them? I wonder if it was from the same litter!?

That makes me feel better about the breeder, too! Their website says that they get "lots" of socialization at the kennel (one of the reasons I chose him), but when I asked him he said that they barely had socialization with strangers or anyone besides their litter at that point. It made me very worried! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Not from the same litter, I believe they're a little older Razz
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm

OH How adorable!!!!! I saw that litter on the "Available Puppies" page, and we were going to originally try to get one from that litter but they were all taken!

I will have to contact them. They are such cuties, I hope they're doing well!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Chelsii wrote:
Aww, hehe! Really!? I can't imagine two huskies not getting along! But I guess that's an unreasonable thought that huskies can get along with everything and everyone. XD
Yeah Kay and Maya don't get on too well. Now Kay and Sophie are having issues too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Oh no! It sounds like Kay just doesn't get along. Sad

When / how did you get him? I definitely agree from the other post too that he's probably trying to find his place in the pack.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Your Koda is adorable. Mishka hasn't had any issues with meeting people, kids, etc. You just have to start them out as soon as you get them. He was good with a couple of dogs we ran into but my friend's female corgi he was NOT happy about meeting yesterday. That could be because she can be a bit much.

olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm

hi & welcome!

I got my willow from Mikayla kennels! the only real socialization she had before I got her was me visiting every other week! she has done very well so far! she loves people!!! she tries to beat up her lab friends - she's mouthy with other dogs but from what I understand, that's a husky thing Smile best of luck to you & feel free to message me with any questions!
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks Ashleigh and Olivia!

I want to start Koda out ASAP but since he doesn't have all of his shots, we can't take him out. We're going to be inviting friends over to meet him but I do have concerns about him not knowing any other dogs until he's had his final shots. Sad

Thank you both for the welcome and I'm glad that you're puppies are doing great, and to meet others that bought from Mike, too! Smile

I wish we could have a puppy get together! Y'all are so far away, though! Wink
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Chelsii wrote:
Oh no! It sounds like Kay just doesn't get along. Sad

When / how did you get him? I definitely agree from the other post too that he's probably trying to find his place in the pack.
We got her about 5 months ago and she was a stray at the shelter. She's a rude and dominant dog, I've been working on getting her less rude since Maya hates rude dogs. (who doesn't Razz ) Maya is also dominant, i'm hoping with time they'll eventually get along. I'm giving it about a year and if they still just can't live together then we'll re-home her. They've gotten much better, i think were just going through a rough patch right now. They don't fight to hurt each other anymore it's mainly dominance issues now.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 am

Welcome to the forum. Koda is beautiful! Just wanted to share what we were told when we brought our baby home....our trainer and our vet agreed, that although the shots are super important, the need to socialize our pup outweighed the risks of our puppy coming down with something. Once we had his poop test cleared for parasites, he was ok to start puppy kindergarten. He started that class at 10 weeks old. I swear it is the best thing we ever did with Qannik because he absolutely loves ALL dogs. He's 14 months old now, and goes to daycare twice a week with no problems whatsoever. Best of luck with you new little guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Central FL!   Hello from Central FL! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Central FL!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next