It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Koda wrote:
You mentioned in the other thread that he threw up the eggs with the socks... I hate to state the obvious, but if he's been throwing up his food, he's got nothing to poop out Sad You need to give it a little more time.

Ditto. You said he was vomiting his eggs so Tori's right on, he has nothing in his system. If he ate normally yesterday and has not vomited since Sunday then I would expect to see a BM at some point today probably.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Claudia, yes he threw up both socks on Sunday and has been eating normally since then.

Tori/Val, yep that was on Sunday and he ate all of his food yesterday. He
tries to go, but nothing comes out =\ I guess if by tomorrow night he
hasn't gone normally then i should worry! My lil Kody Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Hmm, when the socks came back up were they complete? I.e. no missing parts or pieces? Could he possibly have eaten something else? I am just concerned when you say he's trying to go but nothing is coming out. Neutral

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:23 pm

It would also be good to check if he reacts to pressure around his abdominal area. basically any sign of discomfort or unusual hard areas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 pm

yeah, it was the entire sock each time. I don't think they were missing any parts. Sure didn't seem that way. I'm scared that he ate something else too Crying or Very sad I hope not! Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll poop by tomorrow
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
It would also be good to check if he reacts to pressure around his abdominal area. basically any sign of discomfort or unusual hard areas.

thanks! I will definitely try to feel his abdomen when i get home
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:36 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

thanks! I will definitely try to feel his abdomen when i get home

Did you feel his belly? Was he sensitive?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:04 pm

I felt his tummy last night ....put pretty hard pressure and he was like nothing that's a good thing. He did poop this morning, but it was totally mushy! =\
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Mushy or runny?

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm

MelissaI wrote:
I felt his tummy last night ....put pretty hard pressure and he was like nothing that's a good thing. He did poop this morning, but it was totally mushy! =\

That would indicate no obstruction at least. I would give the eggs and carrots a chance and blame the mushy poop on the socks upsetting his system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Mushy...not liquid...but pretty mushy. Couldn't pick it up =\ Today was when I was supposed to start adding a new ingredient, but don't think that's a good idea =(
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Mushy...not liquid...but pretty mushy. Couldn't pick it up =\ Today was when I was supposed to start adding a new ingredient, but don't think that's a good idea =(
Blame him and your husband for leaving around socks. Razz

Give it another day and see how he does. If he doesn't get better, I would look into switching him to some boiled hamburger meat or another source of protein if the eggs aren't binding him and look into adding eggs another time. You said the eggs were never 100% with him if I remember correctly. He was certainly more formed, but definitely not solid/perfect.

Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Yep, totally blame them! But I feel guilty too because if i wouldn't have been sleeping I would have seen the shoes on the ground and proceeded to b**ch my hubby out and put them away =(

Right, the eggs were never 100% with him. Definitely better, but not 100%. He pooped again when I got home and it was still very mushy. He did poop more than this morning which is good, but it was not well formed at all. Sounds nasty, but when it was coming out it seemed to be fell formed, but once it hit the ground it wasn't.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm going to keep him on the eggs/carrots through tomorrow and if I'm not seeing any change then I'll try some of the hamburger meat like you suggested. What type of hamburger meat should I get? The leanest, right? Would I incorporate it slowly with the eggs or switch cold turkey? I feel that I keep on asking that question..lol

Thanks Tori!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Honestly, if you try ground beef I would feed it raw and probably the one with the most fat. Dogs need fat, especially Kody since he's already pretty skinny, so I wouldn't ever use lean for a dog.

Some sibes have a tendency not to do well on cooked or processed beef too which is yet another reason to try raw not to mention he'll get a lot more benefit from raw meat and it's easier on their tummy since they are built for raw meat. Wink If you'd feel better feeding boiled ground beef then you can give it a shot and see how it goes. If it doesn't go over well boiled then I'd definitely try it raw.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 pm

I would take Val's advice on this one and go with fat. Definitely the best human grade and check the ingredients to make sure there are no preservatives (although I think ground beef is a bit safer than chicken in that regard, it's always best to check).

For the record, I would normally try chicken first since it tends to have better results, but I believe you tried Kody on chicken as well without the best results, so I suggest switching it up. Beef does tend to carry some more sensitivities than other proteins and for that, like Val said, there's nothing wrong with raw beef. So it's your call-- I think the moral of the story is that neither will hurt him, just know that if he doesn't do well with raw/boiled beef, try the other before giving up.

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks girls! I think I'll start the beef on Friday if he's not doing better with the eggs. If he is doing better on the eggs then I'll go for sweet potato. Should I switch him from the eggs to the beef gradually or switch him cold turkey? I know that he if was doing great on the eggs then I would need to introduce the beef little by little so that it won't mess up his progress, but if he's not doing 100% well on the eggs should I switch it at once?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Should I switch him from the eggs to the beef gradually or switch him cold turkey? I know that he if was doing great on the eggs then I would need to introduce the beef little by little so that it won't mess up his progress, but if he's not doing 100% well on the eggs should I switch it at once?

If his stools are still very "mushy" by Friday then I would switch cold turkey and hope for the best. If you are seeing more formation then I might suggest half and half for a day or two just to ease into it a bit. Before making any plans I'd wait and see how he is tomorrow and Friday and decide then.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
Should I switch him from the eggs to the beef gradually or switch him cold turkey? I know that he if was doing great on the eggs then I would need to introduce the beef little by little so that it won't mess up his progress, but if he's not doing 100% well on the eggs should I switch it at once?

If his stools are still very "mushy" by Friday then I would switch cold turkey and hope for the best. If you are seeing more formation then I might suggest half and half for a day or two just to ease into it a bit. Before making any plans I'd wait and see how he is tomorrow and Friday and decide then.
Agreed Smile

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm

So this evening his poop was confusing..lol! He had mushy come out first, followed by a bit more formed, and then more mushy again. He did poop more today then he did yesterday so that's good I think. I'm going to wait till tomorrow night and make a decision on what to do.

He's SO SKINNY dude...he's getting me worried. He looks like we don't feed him or he's sick or something Sad
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

If you decide to wait until tomorrow that's perfectly fine, it's entirely up to you.

However, based on what you saw this morning, if it were ME, I would just switch cold turkey and feed 1/2 - 3/4 lb of raw ground beef tonight (with his carrots) and cross your fingers. lol Again, that's what I personally would do and I'm not suggesting that waiting an extra day would be better or worse for him. I just doubt that the extra day is going to make a huge difference based on his history.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

How's he doing?
Is he getting better?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for the reminder Claudia. We need an update! What did you end up doing for meals too?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Oops, sorry girls! I could have sworn I replied to this!!! My bad! Yep, he's doing better on the ground beef!!! He's been on it for a few days now. I'm now giving him half raw and half cooked with this carrots. He poop is dark, but i'm guessing it's because of all the meat. I had been giving him Sirloin, but they didn't have any when I went to the grocery store the other day and it was late so I just got him what they had (ground chuck) and that made his poop a bit softer so I got rid of it and got him the siroloin again today. Keep in the mind that his poop is still not perfectly hard, but it's formed and I can pick it up with no problem. It does squish when I pick it up...gross I know...but it's the best way for me to explain.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, formed poop and easy to pick up is heading in the right direction!
Yay for formed poop!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm

cmanding wrote:
Well, formed poop and easy to pick up is heading in the right direction!
Yay for formed poop!

lol! WOOHOOO FOR THE FORMED POOP!!! It was funny the first time it came out semi normal with the meat my hubby was the one that saw him do it and he's like omg babe run!! I thought something bad happened..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!   Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Diahrea & Projectile Vomiting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next