It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

~Looking for a little girl~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

~Looking for a little girl~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello everyone!

As you know, I've had some problems with my little guy in the beginning.. But he has really turned around! He is doing exellent with training *to be a service dog*, hes really obedient and loves to make mommy happy ;D.

However, I would like him to have a playmate that he can grow up with.
I know some people say wait until they are around a year old, but he is really well behaved and gets daily socialization.
I have a house now, so he has a HUGE backyard with a kiddy pool.

I'm looking to buy OR adopt a young female.
I normally prefer to raise them from when they are really young.
I feel like I have more of a bond when I do so. My opinion, don't get mad about it.

I've looked at shelters around me, and I can't find any.
Looked online, they seemed like scams.
Also talked to a few rescues.

If anyone can help me out with finding a little girl from a creditable place to add to our family, I'd be really happy and so would Yu. ^^

Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:25 pm

How old is Yuki now? The reason most people (and I) will say to wait a year is to see how bad of a "teenage" phase the dog will go through. Also, dogs tend to digress in their training a little when you bring in another dog - since Yuki is a service dog, you'll need to ensure that this wouldn't put anybody or anything in harm's way if it does happen.

I'd say a good place to start looking would be sibe rescues around your area. They would be able to match you up with one that will suit your needs. Smile

Best of luck and keep us posted! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm

We found our red Husky on craigslist. You may want to try on there. There are lot's of Huskies in sad situations on there.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Petfinder.com is a good place to look too. Most of the rescues up here use it so it's like you can visit all of them at once
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Yuki is 20wks old.

He has lost many baby teeth, and I've noticed a slight change in personality.
I work with a trainer many times a week, and do daily training myself.

I'm personally not worried about him going backwards in training.
He's counter surfed, gotten into the trash, ect.. Silly things.
Now, he knows no means no and listens very well.

Even if he did go back in training, I have a wonderful group of people willing to help.

I've checked petfinder and craigslist but haven't found anything yet D:
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm

yinnyang wrote:

all i can say is that the husky finds you no matter what, when the time is right the girl of your dreams will show up. don't push trying to find a pup ASAP keep looking, trust me from all the stories on here they all see to find us, not the other way around! good luck.

Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm

jbealer wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

all i can say is that the husky finds you no matter what, when the time is right the girl of your dreams will show up. don't push trying to find a pup ASAP keep looking, trust me from all the stories on here they all see to find us, not the other way around! good luck.

That's how I feel with Yuki, he just drew me to him.
I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm rushing, because I'm really not.

I just wanted some help with maybe websites or something of that sort. ^^
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Petfinder is a really good resource - just keep checking back every few days or maybe once every week or two... Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I can't add anything to the suggestions you've already received. I would just keep waiting and looking and eventually the right one will come along. Whenever I have been ready to add a new dog to the family and started looking, the perfect addition has NEVER been just waiting for me to come along and find it. I have always had to search and wait for the right dog to come along. Wink Patience, it'll happen when it's meant to happen.

PostSubject: Re: ~Looking for a little girl~   ~Looking for a little girl~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~Looking for a little girl~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1