It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Weigh in... - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:20 pm

At Snoopy's check-up in October the vet was shocked by how fit and trim he was. I guess they don't get a lot of people in that take care of their dogs where they aren't obese. He weighed 58.7 pounds! He can stop gaining weight now, that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:21 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Wow, I wonder if Layla has gained that much in two weeks, or if she will be smaller? I can't wait to find out next week. I know she's grown a lot! I also wonder if she may weigh less because she's had worms and they have been stealing some nutrition from her? After I found out she had them only a couple more came out that same day (gross, I know), and since then I haven't seen any, so maybe it wasn't that bad. Doesn't mean they're totally gone but I worry they could be keeping her from regular growth and sapping the nutrition she needs.
Take into account that this was on a home scale at my parents' house, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. However I would guess that she's that big as she is a pretty solid dog. I can feel her ribs and she still has the hourglass going on, so I don't think she's over weight.
The worms may have had something to do with Layla. I'm glad to hear that they seemed to have cleared up though!! Even looking at pictures, Layla seems smaller, but who can really tell when it comes to pictures. That's why we need to get them togetherrrrrrrr! lol. I can't believe she's practically doubled in size though Sad
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:35 pm

I know, we really do need to reunite them soon! I still have yet to schedule the shots with Rachel but will send her a note now that it's on my mind. At any rate I can shoot up to Maine next Friday afternoon for a playdate. Smile

Layla does seem to be a bit smaller than Caoimhe; she does still have the hourglass thing too -- didn't know really what to call it until now, haha. At the last visit the vet didn't seem concerned with her weight. Who knows? Maybe she inherited genes further back in the pedigree that make her a smaller pup. I won't complain!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Just weighed Lycus today. At almost 24 months, 78.6 lbs.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:08 am

A few days short of 8 months Loki weighed 62lbs. His growth has slowed a lot now.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:39 am

Selena @ 12 months weighed in at 45 lbs
Keeara @ almost 8 months is 55 lbs Shocked
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 pm

9 months and 47.0 lbs today
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Cloud - 22.4 pounds, 20 months.
Yuki - 39.0 pounds, 16 months.
Link - 52.0 pounds, 22 months.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Pippa's about a month shy of 2 years (HOLY COW) and is still hovering around the 42 lbs mark.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 am

If Layla gets to and stays around that weight I will be satisfied! So far she seems to be a little smaller and on the skinnier side than other pups her age (just from what I've heard and seen anecdotally), but we certainly feed her enough and she loves to eat, and the vet is not concerned at all. She goes in this Wednesday and will be weighed there again, so I'll have a better idea of how much she's grown in the last four weeks!
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 am

Bane - 10 months old - 60 pounds
Willow - 8 months old - 48 pounds

I think I have their age right. I know Bane was born February 10, 2013, and Willow was born May 16, 2013. They are currently getting two cups per day (1 cup morning/night) of Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:24 am

Bane wrote:

I think I have their age right. I know Bane was born February 10, 2013, and Willow was born May 16, 2013. They are currently getting two cups per day (1 cup morning/night) of Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.
Looks right, except I think Willow would be 7 months? It's funny the other night I was messaging a friend and we kept getting confuzzled over our dogs age in months lol! I was like 'after they turn 2 I'm soooo done with this!' xD
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am

Mobezilla wrote:

Bane wrote:

Looks right, except I think Willow would be 7 months? It's funny the other night I was messaging a friend and we kept getting confuzzled over our dogs age in months lol! I was like 'after they turn 2 I'm soooo done with this!' xD
That's where I'm at with their age haha. Its just confusing with weeks, and days, and ugh. I tried the little age tracker that some of the other members have in their signatures, but it just confused me more.

I feel like our two are absolute monsters! I would guess that Bane was mixed with something if we didn't have his AKC papers in hand. Are they in the "normal" spectrum for their age?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 am

Bane wrote:
I feel like our two are absolute monsters! I would guess that Bane was mixed with something if we didn't have his AKC papers in hand. Are they in the "normal" spectrum for their age?
I would definitely say oversized, probably just from breeders who are breeding out of standard, which is very common right now. And they can also get bigger/small than parents just by chance (Yuki's parents at 52 and 65, shes 38). Females are supposed to be 35-50, males 40-60 full grown. If they get above 60, it obviously doesn't mean they're not husky. "Hey you, you're 65 pounds, turn in your registration now!" Not. But they would not be considered 'in standard' thus not a good representation of the breed, as sibes were meant to be medium sized compact working dogs. If that makes any sense? Sorry I had a long shift and am kinda rambling lol.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

Nope! That makes complete and total sense. I know Bane's dad was at least 80 some odd pounds, and Willow's dad was also pretty big. They are from two completely separate litters. Bane we got out of Texas, and Willow we rescued off of Criagslist. Luckily, we have no intentions of breeding them; I feel like we'd just have little bulls on our hands then!

Thank you for the response!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 am

Bane wrote:
I know Bane's dad was at least 80 some odd pounds

Holy shit! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 am

Rocio_Caballero wrote:

Holy shit! Shocked
That was my EXACT response XD
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:51 am

Anya at 8.5 months weighs 41.7 pounds
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:52 am

eddycaaa wrote:
Anya at 8.5 months weighs 41.7 pounds
For a minute I thought that read "8.5 weeks." Then I would have also had the occasion to say, "Holy shit!" Shocked 
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

Female Join date : 2013-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 pm

my little samoa got weighed today she is 13 weeks and 13 1/2 lbs. growing about a lb. per week. not sure at this point if she will be large or small but i guess i will find out eventually Laughing 
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 am

Quote :

Orion was born the week before Bane and he is 58 pounds at the moment, he is perfectly within standard and not oversized - although he is a bit chubby so we are working on that! Also Orion comes from very fast developing lines so that may be playing a part in his size...
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:06 am

Libby is 5 and weighs 46 lbs
Lucy is 2 and weighs 45.7 lbs
The vet said Libby could lose a pound but she still has her hour glass figure so its OK. I couldnt imagine them being bigger, they are so strong as it is and I can still pick them up if needed.
Back to top Go down
Camisado
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 am

Thor is 7.5 months @ about 60lbs. But he has been 60lbs since he was 5 months old. He grew SO fast, then completely stopped.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Camisado wrote:
Thor is 7.5 months @ about 60lbs.  But he has been 60lbs since he was 5 months old.  He grew SO fast, then completely stopped.
Dang that is fast! I think my pup was less than half that at 5 months! And he was chubby! Ha ha. You'll have to start a scrapbook and post some pix, I'd love to see him. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

16 weeks -- 17.8 pounds

She's very much on the lighter side but the vet says she is very healthy. She's gained five pounds since her last weigh-in at 12 weeks. Her legs are so long now! Could be soon enough she'll have a growth spurt and really fill out. She certainly has no problem eating. In fact, we had to get her a slow-feeder bowl because she was eating too fast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next