It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Aidan you must be dying for tomorrow to come for pictures! you'll get double tomorrow after I get home Wink
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:09 pm

ccurran07 wrote:
Aidan you must be dying for tomorrow to come for pictures! you'll get double tomorrow after I get home  Wink
I've been checking on Husker every week so I'm dying too - and I'm not even getting a puppy haha!
Puppies give me way too much excitement. I can't wait to see if any of their little eyes are open Very Happy

Last edited by Mobezilla on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Aww, I love Sirius. I want him!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Yup, it's felt like a month since she last updated on Arrow's litter. Need. More. Pictures. xD
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Megan- I can't wait to see either! I love that you check like we do haha!

Sara- He was never my fave, but this week I LOVE HIM! He's so damn cute!

Aidan- I feel your pain. Once Sunday comes I just start freaking out about pictures
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Yup, it's going to be hard to sleep tonight!

By the way, have you by any chance made a countdown clock to when you're bringing home Caoimhe? It's a fun way to watch the seconds tick by, although when I made one it got a little annoying because time is really slow, but there's only 3,612,460 seconds to go! xD

Edit: Oh I just noticed that the white fur on Caoimhe's head looks a bit like a thunderbolt, pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Haha yes! I made one as soon as I knew which pup I was getting! 13 days, 15 hours bounce I also made one to count how old she is.

I love her little white streak, cannot wait for puppy snuggles tomorrow
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

13 days? In a way that's worse than 41, I have no idea on how you're going to be able to sleep at night. (It's like trying to sleep on Christmas eve, 2 weeks of Christmas eves D: )
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 pm

I know. It felt so far away and now it's almost here. That day I'm going to have to manage to keep it together at work. Ugh
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Ack, work. If there's anything that can make a day seem 1000% longer it's work. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Sorry to keep chiming in haha - the thing that really helped me when waiting for Yuki was picking up extra toys and leashes/collars and things she would need before she got home. Just wasting time at the pet store for a couple hours, and also searching for pet stores near you. Like I prefer Pet Supplies Plus over PetCo (and PetCo over PetSmart) but I like going to a variety to see what they have and look at sale/clearance items too. To kill some time, maybe make a check list (again if you already made one). Some things some people don't think of are poo bag holders for when on walks, poo bags, carpet cleaner so you can clean a mess right away. Maybe also getting a photo album or scrapbook if you're into that and starting early by decorating and then when they come home printing pictures as you take them so you don't end up like me with 4,000+ pictures of your dogs and no albums or pictures printed yet haha.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Chime in all you want Megan! I have been going to pet stores at least once a week lol. I'm slightly obsessed. I think I've been to every place that sells pet supplies in a 20 mile radius of me. I definitely prefer the smaller, independently owned stores vs Petsmart and Petco. Got all the things you mentioned. Looking for a photo album tomorrow. Oddly enough, I'm having a hard time finding bowls I like that don't cost $20 a piece. Weird right? I've even been checking out and sitting in on training classes and doggy day cares as she will be going once a week while we are both working.

Any other suggestions pleassssse throw them out. I've scheduled her vet appointment. Any other 1st week things? I'm loaded up on chews and treats, tons of toys. A few leashes/harness/collars. Got some different types of food.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 pm

ccurran07 wrote:
Oddly enough, I'm having a hard time finding bowls I like that don't cost $20 a piece.
Chewy.com has some really cute stainless steel bowls by 'Loving Pets'. I was actually about to buy a set of 3 last night and right when I went to check out they told me one of the bowls was temporarily out of stock!! So now I'm waiting for it to become available again sigh.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Ugh what a pain. I'll check them out. I get out of work early tomorrow so my plan was to go hunting for some bowls
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my excitement. I have been counting down the seconds, and every Sunday I get so excited knowing the next day there will be new pics up. I've also tried to languish away the days by thinking of what we need and wandering around the pet aisles of every store in the area buying it.

As for bowls, I was lucky enough that several months ago at the MSPCA, where I volunteer, they had a bin of freebies for the volunteers and staff and there were some bowls in there. I snagged two just because I knew eventually I would have a dog that would use them. Razz For blankets and toys, you can also check Goodwill and other thrift shops. One cycle in the laundry and they're good as new for your pup. Smile
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls usually have those bowls too! Just got Pippa a couple last month! Smile
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:13 am

katiesham wrote:
Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls usually have those bowls too! Just got Pippa a couple last month! Smile
Yeah they do! Not as many cute color choices though, around here.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

Quote :
Oddly enough, I'm having a hard time finding bowls I like that don't cost $20 a piece. Weird right?
We had a hard time with bowls this time around too. Couldn't really find one we liked so we just settled on one. With Karli, I had gotten her two stainless steel bowls, but the very first day that we got her home, I had to run out and find another food bowl because she wouldn't eat out of it. She could see her reflection in the bowl as she was eating and it scared her so bad she wouldn't eat out of the bowl. The dollar store had ceramic ones for $1 (of course lol) so I got her that and she loves it. So I got a ceramic one for Evee as well. I'm loving all the puppy pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

OMG Roxy that is so sad/ funny about Karli lol! I like ceramic ones but all the ones I like are expensive. Haven't checked $1 store though! When are you getting your new pup?
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Picking her up on Saturday after tough mudder...a yellow lab female. Husky was my hubby's breed of choice and lab was mine. We went with the husky first (I had no idea he would ever agree to a second dog to be honest and I just really needed a dog) which I'm actually glad we did because Karli has trained up really well. I'm excited to see how my girls interact with each other. I managed to get the biggest female in the litter, go figure!

Karli was also afraid of her reflection in the entertainment center. The things puppies can be scared of lol. I can't wait to see your babies grow up!
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 pm

I got a bunch of good things at random stores. Tjmaxx/Marshall's does have a lot of good things toys, treats, bowls etc. I found a lot of stuff at ocean state job lot too, it's where I got both of my elevated bowls, obv a little too early for elevated stuff for her at 8 weeks. IM not a huge fan of the big chain stores either, there's a smaller sort of chain down here "especially for pets" which has good stuff. Sorry I'm not more help because I don't know what's up your way.
Things to have the first week. Pee pads if you're gonna go that route for potty training, collars (make sure you get a smaller collar, I bought one that I thought would fit but it was way too big!), kibble depending on if you're going to change the diet (May not have the same food available that Rachel feeds), chew toys!
I'm so jealous of everyone getting puppies!!!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:22 pm

I LOVE Job Lot! I was just there today stocking up on a dog bed, among other pet-related items. It's by far my favorite store ever.

EDIT: For the food that Rachel feeds, if you didn't know already, go to Tractor Supply. She feeds an all-life-stages food for puppies called Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete. There's a Tractor Supply relatively close to you, Cortnie, in Sanford.

In my town there's a big warehouse store called PetEdge. It's mostly for groomers and businesses but it has a small retail area where you can get pretty much everything for your pet except food (though they do stock treats). It's very reasonably priced, too. I have a feeling that'll be my new go-to place outside of Job Lot.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Heh that's interesting, I was thinking about maybe going with TOTW but that Extreme Athlete food seems to be rated highly too. Maybe there wont be a need to change up the food if they do well on it since both of them are from Diamond anyways. xD
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 pm

I am not a fan of the TJMaxx/ Marshall's stores really. I have been in and gotten a bed and couple things but they're so ghetto here lol. I didn't know there was a tractor supply in Sanford. There's one closer to me in Scarborough. I'm going to switch her on to something else though. Rachel says she gives you a small bag to transition her! I got her a small sized lupine collar to start. Do you think that will fit?
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm

I would say small sized lupine will fit! I just remember picking Kaia up and saying wow I seriously underestimated how small she'd be lol. And tj/Marshall's/ocean state are All hit or miss stores, sometimes you can hit the mother load and other times I've left disappointed lol!! I have ordered stuff from the pet edge catalog it's pretty cheap...I didn't know there was a store tho!

My friends just switched to the diamond althete bag for their adults and feed their new puppies the puppy formula and everyone is doing well on it, it's cheap too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   home - *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next