It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What are "Treats"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:43 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
Just a suggestion: Can the ability to give positive and negative treats be turned off for "Newborns"? That will give new members a chance to become acquainted with forum rules. If they decide to stay, and reach 50 posts the ability to give treats automatically gets activated. I dont know if this is possible, it's just an idea.

Several of us got negative treats from a crazy "breeder" that only joined the forum just to harass us.

I completely agree wit this. I had like three treats taken away, and then when everybody tried to counter-act the negative treats, the positive treats were flying all over the place as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Quote :
Just a suggestion: Can the ability to give positive and negative treats be turned off for "Newborns"? That will give new members a chance to become acquainted with forum rules. If they decide to stay, and reach 50 posts the ability to give treats automatically gets activated. I dont know if this is possible, it's just an idea.

We had this system in place not even a month ago, during which time all anyone said was how unfair it was to have to "wait" to be able to treat.

It is all over this thread and is the reason we made the switch to "good Advice / Bad Advice".

Quote :
Several of us got negative treats from a crazy "breeder" that only joined the forum just to harass us.

Which have all, or at least mostly, been evened out by the staff here because we recognize that thread got heated and treats were fling around pointlessly.

There is no solution that everyone will agree with, it just doesn't exist.

That being said the staff already noticed the issue, and is working on a small resolution that should address this problem.

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Tika wrote:
Quote :

We had this system in place not even a month ago, during which time all anyone said was how unfair it was to have to "wait" to be able to treat.

It is all over this thread and is the reason we made the switch to "good Advice / Bad Advice".

Quote :

Which have all, or at least mostly, been evened out by the staff here because we recognize that thread got heated and treats were fling around pointlessly.

There is no solution that everyone will agree with, it just doesn't exist.

That being said the staff already noticed the issue, and is working on a small resolution that should address this problem.

~Chris~

But the limit wasn't for "newborns" right?? It was a higher post count if I remember correctly. I think the lower post count would keep crazy breeders and food pushers and any other crazies from coming on here and messing with everything. Granted, treats aren't what makes the world go 'round, but you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Quote :
But the limit wasn't for "newborns" right?? It was a higher post count if I remember correctly. I think the lower post count would keep crazy breeders and food pushers and any other crazies from coming on here and messing with everything. Granted, treats aren't what makes the world go 'round, but you know what I mean.

No the post count lockout wasn't only for newborns. It was closer to the post count needed to join in on HOTM, very close.

We agree that a lock out would limit the amount of "dislike" uses from newbies.

We would however be right back where we were, regardless of the number needed, of people asking how many posts they would need before they could treat, rushing to that number, and disappointed they couldn't already use it, and confused as to why they couldn't treat yet or where the buttons were without reading everything.

It's a lose/lose here.

If everyone feels the system is "broken" or still being "misused" there are other solutions we can look at doing, though we need to be made aware if the community as a whole feels that way.

~Chris~

ETA - As I said though, we have already stepped in a direction to address this "Newbie negative treating issue"

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 4:15 pm

So true. I highly doubt a solution will be made. Good luck with this one lol..
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:31 pm

A little problem im havin with the new set up is when im looking through on my phone or ipad i keep accidently voting good or bad. I dont care but i just feel bad for the people im voting bad on.. I dont know of there is a solution or not. But just throwing that put there.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
A little problem im havin with the new set up is when im looking through on my phone or ipad i keep accidently voting good or bad. I dont care but i just feel bad for the people im voting bad on.. I dont know of there is a solution or not. But just throwing that put there.

A quick fix for that could be to add a confirm box, that way if someone accidentally clicks good/bad advice they can just hit cancel. It's pretty easy to make one as well from what I understand.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:51 pm

We've addressed the confirmation box several times in this thread. At this time, we do not have the ability to customize the "treating" system in such a way. While the concept and creation is simple, there are certain liberties that we are not given on this forum host and that is one of them. If at some point that changes in the future, trust me in that we would be the first to suggest and implement it. However, it's just not an option right now.

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
huntythehusky
Newborn
Newborn
huntythehusky

Female Join date : 2013-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Am I not allowed to give people treats yet because I just joined the site?? I am not seeing anything on the right side!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Cough cough.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Treats have been flying around like crazy lately!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah, they have been, in the "I agree" sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 am

Ok so I have lost treats for sharing a tactic that worked for my dog because apparently it comes under dominance theory.

Have I missed something in the rules?

Also my post was quoted and then the quotee proceeded to go on to say it is a 'pack of lies' and doesnt work.

Insulted or belittled much.

I think I have pretty much had enough of this forum already. If you don't have the same opinions as the majority - your dust!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 am

Actually, your post was not quoted at all.  I made a statement that the dominance theory was a "pack of lies" because it has scientifically been disproven and discredited and the original study that produced the dominance theory was made under false observation.  Therefore it is a pack of lies.

Treats are not "like" and "dislike" buttons.  If you don't agree with someone you don't take a treat from them.  They are to acknolwedge that a member of the forum gave sound and strong advice that should be read if someone goes to the thread (good advice) or if a person comes on and says something outlandish and promotes the spread of misinformation as fact (bad advice).

I'm sorry you feel I insulted or belittled you because I disagreed with you.  But you shouldnt take everything as a personal attack.

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 am

So I understand why I lost my first treats,

BUT..

I've lost treats for posting this in a topic in which I AM the OP... (to neuter or not to neuter)

'Keep in mind we are going a little bit off topic... should be discussing the viability of neutering getting rid of the humping urge rather then what humping means.

Tut tut!'

I only said this in an attempt to diffuse a heated situation (not involving me for a change)...

I can't see how this was an 'infringement' of treat rules... if anyone can see why please do explain.

Problem is I can no longer treat good advice, and there is a post with really awesome advice that I would like to treat... argggh anyway, very frustrated Sad
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:09 am

I really do think that particular treat loss was an accident and should be evened out by someone. I think someone already did. I know I've given or subtracted treats while on my phone by mistake. I wouldn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 am

Yes Smile It's important to remember that not all treats are given or taken away on purpose.

Especially when one is on their cell phone.

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Taiga
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Are treats still going on? I see I have one and was looking to see what post I got it on, but none of my posts have a treat indicator (nor does anyone else it seems).

Just curious. Smile
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 am

Taiga wrote:
Are treats still going on? I see I have one and was looking to see what post I got it on, but none of my posts have a treat indicator (nor does anyone else it seems).

Just curious. Smile

You automatically start with one treat when you become a member, so that's where your treat came from.  Smile 

When someone treats your post, there will either be a green bar (good advice) or a red bar (bad advice) on the right hand side.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 am

The sad content of this thread aside, here

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t12068-age-of-death#182952

are good examples of treats that should have not been given if we are going maintain the integrity of the system.

Good catch Kelsey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am

Maybe we should put the posting limit back on again.
Back to top Go down
Taiga
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:56 am

SaberK wrote:

Taiga wrote:

Just curious. Smile

You automatically start with one treat when you become a member, so that's where your treat came from.  Smile 

When someone treats your post, there will either be a green bar (good advice) or a red bar (bad advice) on the right hand side.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you!

The bar/advice stuff seems to be back now. Perhaps it was just a browser issue on my end then.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Looks like this thread needs a little bump...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Bumping once again, looks like they're being tossed around like a "like" button again  bounce 

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What are "Treats"? - Page 5 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am

In light of a recent thread that I think took a little bit of a wrong turn in the treat department I think some or maybe all of us should rethink how treats are supposed to work. They aren't an opinionated hate/love fest.

PostSubject: Re: What are "Treats"?   What are "Treats"? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are "Treats"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next