It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  Empty
PostSubject: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 pm

I was clicking around on facebook and saw an ad on the sidebar with a picture of these puppies advertised at "huskitas". I went to their site www.huskita.com and saw this persons dogs and wow! Some are very pretty but $900+ for a mutt!?!? That is crazy!!! I also love the part in the website where the person tries to defend him/herself from being labeled a BYB. Anyway, thought I would share
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeah, I've seen that site before. Our rescue Blizzard would have probably ended up making huskitas! Found out from the girl's dad that they gave him, un-neutered, to a lady with an intact female akita. Thank goodness they never bred! He has such terrible structure, looks like he's been hit by a car.

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 pm

I like that part too and when she said everyone who labeled her a BYB was a purebred nazi! People are so crazy!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Speechless.

I like the health guarantee disclaimed (located under the pay for puppy tab)...SHE HAD A CASE OF EPILEPSY.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Wow they are some pretty sweet looking dogs! But 1300 dollars really? lol!
Most of them kind of remind of a st.Bernard and a chow
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

$1000 for what SHE says is a "mix"! lol!

Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  85993

some of those purebred akita puppies are freaking cute though
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:15 am

Is that a deer head there they're letting them eat? Ewww...
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:18 am

Just want to slap that person and say, "people call you a BYB cause you breed a ton and don't do health checks!" Grrr....let's hope they aren't lying when they say they will take back any puppy if need be.

Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:41 am

BYB by far. 1200+??? Diego is from the anti cruelty society and I'd much rather DONATE 1200 to a good shelter/rescue before I paid for a "huskita" from this nutcase, no matter how cute the puppy. I looked at their guestbook and it's gross how many people are dying to get one/more dogs from them. the more demand, the more they supply. yuck!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am

I'm sure people could find an adorable mixed breed in the shelter if they looked. Adoption fee is what $200 and could put the other $1,000 towards vet bills, dog supplies, and have enough left over to donate to the shelter.

Good purebred Husky breeder's don't even charge the outrageous price this person is charging for a mixed breed.

Not sure how people can be so naive.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am

This person is looney tunes and should really re-examine what they are doing. Here is what it sounds like to me when they tell they're "story"....

A few years back we were given a female European Shorthair cat that was having problems where she was at (female aggression with another female European Shorthair). She, Lotus, immediately fit into our family (children, dogs, ducks, peacocks, geese, chickens). We shortly found that Lotus was very easy going and could be left to roam our property and home at her leisure. In fact she seemed to know where our property ended better than we did. We loved her from the start.

Shortly thereafter we were given, Jack, a purebred male Golden Tiger that the former owner (a young boy) could not really handle. Jack was chained in a small yard in town. I took him, and of course fell in love with him also. We attempted to leave Jack roam our property as we had done with Lotus, but if you turned your attention away from him for 2 minutes he'd be gone. At first it was for days, and a couple of times we found him living with other people who wanted to keep him, then his excursions became shorter. If he gets the chance now, he's gone for about an hour or two. But he's the sweetest feline you'd ever want to meet, unless you're a bird of any kind.

Very shortly after acquiring these two felines I came to the conclusion that I would like an Akita with Jack's beautiful stripes, less roaming tendencies, and more guarding attributes, so I bred the two and got what I wanted. I also found that others wanted kittens with these combined traits. I was overwhelmed with requests for these kittens.

Moral of the story, don't mix two different breeds to make a ridiculous hybrid for your own gain Smile

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:36 pm

People around here pay 1300 and up for labradoodles and goldendoodles, and well they are mutts too! Not to mention all the little mixes going for top dollar, its weird really. I mean I know about hybrid vigor and all, but they are paying so much money for these mixes.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 pm

LifeInSnowMotion wrote:
Is that a deer head there they're letting them eat? Ewww...

Eww that is gross, I agree!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Sounds like the classic, "I want to breed him/her, cause he/she is SUCH a good dog!" Dogs are loveable animals. Hence why people keep them. Don't be so surprised that your dog is soooo special. Dogs are special animals. Doesn't mean they all have the be bred!

A while back I even had to tell my bf the error of his ways. We rescued a box of kittens, 7 total, and kept two. They are very friendly cats and we love them to death. Well he used to regret that we had them neutered, saying they are such good cats that it would be nice to have a piece of them when they're gone. But after years of fostering kittens since then, he now realizes that you can raise almost any kitten to be just as loving and friendly as our boys. That's part of the reason why the shelter lady loves when we foster. She always mentions how nice and friendly our kittens come back as.

Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:56 pm

hhmm i only thought one of them were cute haha
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 pm

I thought three of them were cute, but I would never purchase one from this person, because I don't agree with what their doing.

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  100_2419
Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  6bcb4bcf185662fd5fe0450d645427bc
Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  Narvel_5_months_with_blue_e-mail
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 pm

That black one is BEAUTIFUL
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 am

Those people are morons...
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 pm

I see a "goberian" in that last pic. Bet they're getting into breeding those too!

Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:38 pm

beautiful dogs (but not all...some just have...weird body shapes) but bred for the wroooooong reasons...smh....
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 am

I've even seen Huskadors! People need to just stop!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 am

Speaking of Huskita... This is in my area now...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/3156883935.html
Back to top Go down
Shadowtron
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Sorry...I'm a little late to the party.

Just wanted to say that I ran into this operation a couple of weeks ago. Very friendly, no complaints there. I recently lost my 'heartdog' male Akita and was looking for a new companion. Recently separated as well, so I could really use a new buddy (if that's not too pathetic). Anyway...I caught the huskita site. And I have to tell you, they're very attractive looking dogs. An Akita with ice blue eyes? Hell yeah I'm in. BUT!!! When I was quoted a price of $1,500 for the pup I was looking at, my eyeballs nearly rolled out of my skull. I could see paying $1K for a Husky Wolfdog. I mean...at least that has wolf in it. But what can you do with a Huskita that requires a $1,500 price tag? You can't show it. You can't or shouldn't really breed it out. So what goes into that cost? When if they were "purebreed nazi" enough to have the parents thoroughly checked out for any kind of issues with eyes, patellas, hips. Any neurological disorders like seizures. Of course there was no further communication after that email. I don't need a $1,500 mutt pitching a fit on my floor every time the lamp flickers because the breeder chose beauty over quality. Instead I found a breed of Japanese Akita Inus. Solid program...very reasonably priced. And I get my new buddy LOL.
Back to top Go down
tiffany
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 pm

It makes me so sad to see this. not only the byb part, but to mess with the genetics of both breeds. I currently own both and the akita is my heart breed. there is a reason the breed is not for everyone and why the people that do own them do. their attitude and persona, the way they hold themselves is so very different from the happy go lucky husky. I don't want to ever see that trait in my akitas, I always want them to be the proud dogs they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next