It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:19 am

Agreed. There'd be subgroups which would essentially be designated by purpose, right?  

But they're still all intentional crosses.   Even though I'm willing to bet these intentional crosses all got started from one accident, or one "oops."  And then: Whoa, wouldn't it be cool/adorable if we.....

You're rant story is sad.  Sorry buddy.  I know the public is tedious at work Sad Did this dog perhaps never touch the ground ever, not have the ability to breathe properly, nor the ability to mate properly, or suffer from any other human created problem that brings into question its dogness?
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 am

Yeah, by purpose makes sense.
It is tedious indeed.. I didn't see the dog, so who knows. I guess some lady came into one of he other stores with a "vegetarian cat". Now that's disgusting. And a death sentence. Someone told them so, and that they should've gotten a hamster. I wish I had the balls. Or my 90 days, lol.
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:14 pm

god, my dog love sweet potatoes but that doesnt make him vegitarian >.<' where do people get thi stuff
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:22 pm

On one of the classifies page I *was* following, one of the "admins" was advertising her litter of HuskyxPom I couldn't hold my tongue anymore and obviously was removed from that group... lol

There are many breeds (a lot of the smaller "bully" dogs) who can't reproduce or give birth naturally. If the dog isn't capable of doing so... There is a serious problem with the way people have molded that breed.

Any intentional cross breed (especially when they name them) is idiotic. I can't stand it.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Haha, I love how you wrote HuskyxPom and not Pomsky. I can see the bad taste in your mouth, and rightfully so.

Do you not support any intentional crossings, even for working purposes?
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, the only intentional crosses i support is for a better working dog
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 pm

The only working crosses I wouldn't put in the same boat are those who health test their dogs. In the working world, many think as long as the dog can work- they're fine. I do not believe such a broad statement and feel if you're going to breed anything- do everything in your power to set the puppies up to be as sound and healthy as possible.

Even then- I feel the actual need for such crosses is much smaller than the current pool.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Her dog probably doesnt go on walks.  Probably rides around in one of those doggy strollers.  

I think most designer breeds are a "wouldn't that be cute/ neat to mix" and puppy mills and bybs have dollar signs in their eyes knowing that people Already pay $$$$ for cute little Yorkies and pugs so why not make a porkie for 2x the cuteness and $$$$$$$$$. (Note I nave no clue if porkies exist)
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 pm

KibaHope wrote:
I think most designer breeds are a "wouldn't that be cute/ neat to mix" and puppy mills and bybs have dollar signs in their eyes knowing that people Already pay $$$$ for cute little Yorkies and pugs so why not make a porkie for 2x the cuteness and $$$$$$$$$. (Note I nave no clue if porkies exist)
I saw a "dorkie" today. No joke. Dachshund x yorkie
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh man, porkies and dorkies.

Issues aside, that's kind of the best thing ever. Tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 pm

and yes i didn't mean don't health test it. Healthy working dogs are the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...    Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Never heard of a "Huskita" before ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3