It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

potty problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keyla
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-10-18

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: potty problem   potty problem EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm

i need some advice, im crate training my puppy and she doesnt ever go potty inside her crate , she ll whine n let me know so i can take her outside, but if shes left outside her crate and wants to potty she will go without warning, I'm worried she maybe thinks it's OK to go only outside her crate... meaning the house. Im trying to train her so she only goes outside the house (i praise her when she does). I take her outside like 30 min after she eats, when she wakes up, and if i see her sniffing around
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Mine did that too. She wouldn't go in her crate because she hated being around her "stuff". If i let her loose in the house she would pee and poop like nothing. What I did with her...and every puppy is different and I'm sure that others will having good advice as well. I wouldn't let her step foot on the floor when I first let her out....I would take her straight to the yard and tell her to do her stuff. If she did pee or poop in the house I would grab her face and put it close to it and tell her " No, bad girl, pee and poop OUTSIDE". I wouldn't put her that close (never, my poor baby), but close enough that she could smell it and she would be pulling back. This took a few months, but eventually she got it. We're getting another puppy soon...probably will have it early January so I will be back to the same mission Smile
Back to top Go down
Keyla
Newborn
Newborn

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:42 pm

cool Smile id love to get a male husky but ill stay with kenia for now.... and yea i pick her up and take her outside immediately after i open the crate, maybe i will have to leave her in the crate all day (sometimes i let her walk around the house after we're done playing or going potty outside, this is when the accidents happen). If i catch her going potty inside, i tell her ''no ! bad potty'', but i guess its a matter of time and maybe she will truly understand when she is a bit older, and thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah, we're thinking of getting a male one, but not sure yet. I think I want another female. I waited 4yrs before thinking of getting another. Is kenia your first? If so, I suggest that you wait at least a year. They are VERY hyper and attention needy. I love my baby so i don't mind, but i know that getting a puppy is going to be a lot of work. In a way its good because they can entertain each other! Just keep up the routine and she'll get it. She's still small and they're very smart so it won't take too long .They're also stubborn though!
Back to top Go down
Keyla
Newborn
Newborn

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 am

nice Smile , and yes kenia is my first husky so i wont be getting another one anytime soon , that way i have time to understand how they act and stuff .... and like you said they need attention
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

What are you cleaning the areas in which she messes? You'll need a good enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle to really get rid of the smell. Even if there is no trace of it left for us to see or smell, your dog can still detect it unless you use an enzyme cleaner. You can get them at your local pet store Smile

Puppies also need to go quite often. How old is she? Realistically, she can only hold it in for as many hours as she is months old. So if she's only 2 months old, she can only hold it for 2 hours. She may just need to go out more often. Puppies get distracted easily. So in her crate, she's likely sleeping or playing, but once you let her out, she's over stimulated and may not realize that she has to go until she's going. It takes a lot of time and patience to potty train them Smile

potty problem Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

potty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: potty problem   potty problem Empty

Back to top Go down

potty problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1