It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is he an agouti?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inuk
Newborn
Newborn
Inuk

Male Join date : 2013-10-23

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm wondering if Inuk is an agouti. His guard hairs are banded (black/tan/black), the face is dark, the color extends down to his paws, he has a black tail tip. The only thing because I'm not 100% sure that he is an agouti is because he also got some white fur. I've somewhere read that agoutis have cream fur instead of white fur. His paws and his cheat are white.

Is he an agouti? Inuk-f10

Is he an agouti? Inuk-f11

Is he an agouti? Inuk-f12

Maybe someone with a little bit more knowledge can help me out.

Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:24 pm

He deffinately looks to be going that Way. Does he have a cream or whitish coloured undercoat? Im not sure whether his stockings would have much to do with him 'not' being an agouti but maybe someone who shows huskies will have a better idea about those...
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Is he a pure bred or a mix?

Looks like maybe some GSD characteristics, including color.

The first pic of the prancing is adorable...very gazelle or deer like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Inuk
Newborn
Newborn
Inuk

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:03 pm

his undercoat is cream colored. He is a pure bred siberian husky.

This is his father:
Is he an agouti? Nanouk11

mother:
Is he an agouti? Nukky110

Is he an agouti? Nukky210

She also has a banded coat but I don't think that she is an agouti. But maybe she has the genes. It's funny that you said he has GSD characteristics, because I always get asked if he is a husky GSD mix or a GSD.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:14 pm

ah ok, cool. He takes more after his mother then.   Momma's boy Smile

here's a good reference for coat patterns and colors in the breed

http://www.huskycolors.com/colors.html#cat1
Back to top Go down
Inuk
Newborn
Newborn
Inuk

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes, he is indeed a momma's boy. Yes, I know the site and I'm trying
to figure his coat out.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm

My vote is yes, but I ain't worth that much.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Jeff.. In my experience you are pretty knowledgeable.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:03 pm

he is a cute boy and i dont want to offend but the moms looks seem off for a pure breed....

Teenager
Teenager
histi

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm

jbealer wrote:
he is a cute boy and i dont want to offend but the moms looks seem off for a pure breed....

this person is in germany.. the gene pools can be quite different between countries.

Here's one that is in New Zealand.. he is an aussie import but still... you can see the difference http://www.pawtrax.co.nz/Index.asp?ID=31
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Those racing lines can definitely look a lot different then your typical Siberian. I think they're all probably purebred.

I'm sure Ceara will chime in soon with her opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Inuk
Newborn
Newborn
Inuk

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:38 am

histi wrote:

jbealer wrote:

this person is in germany.. the gene pools can be quite different between countries.

Here's one that is in New Zealand.. he is an aussie import but still... you can see the difference http://www.pawtrax.co.nz/Index.asp?ID=31

The fur from Ashe looks like his.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 am

He looks agouti to me, but keep in mind they can change a lot from this age. My pup was a light tan/buff at this stage, but is now a grey. I disagree that the mom looks mixed. I think she looks like full sibe, I think if you were to somehow 'paint' on traditional markings, she would look much more siberian like. I think the dark face can throw things off a bit, but to me her basic face shape looks siberian. Also, her ears are very widely set and large, so that combined with her coloring can mislead to a shepherd like appearance. I could be way off, but that's my opinion. Smile In any case he's a cutie!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:08 pm

You know he looks like a belgian shepherd malinois. My trainer has one, and it looks just like your Inuk. Especially because of the long skinny nose.
I'm not saying that's what he is...just looks similar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is he an agouti? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is he an agouti?   Is he an agouti? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is he an agouti?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1