It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Quick Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:24 pm

I tried to search it but I didnt find anything. Maybe I typed it in wrong. Anyhow

"For a dog with papers from a non-AKC accepted domestic registry
AKC has a new program where we are researching pedigrees of dogs that do not have AKC paperwork to determine if the dog comes from AKC registrable stock.

In order to determine AKC registration eligibility, you will need to send AKC a copy of your dog’s pedigree, registration application and/or registration certificate from another registry. You can also submit documentation provided by the breeder such as a contract or bill of sale. The dog may qualify for registration if the pedigree shows no break in AKC lineage and the dogs in the pedigree originate from AKC registrable stock.

Should the dog be deemed registrable, AKC staff will register the dog in question for $30. All late fees will be waived.

When you submit your paperwork, please include your name and phone number. You can submit the paperwork in one of three ways:

Fax the information to 919-816-4232. Mark it attn: Registry Research.
Email images to altreg@akc.org. Place Registry Research in the subject line
Mail to:
AKC Registry Research
Attn: Special Services
8051 Arco Corporate Drive Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27617"

Does this mean I can send in my NKC papers and if found he can register with AKC??
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:38 pm

You could send in a copy of the NKC registration to apply for AKC registration. The biggest problem with NKC is they do not require proof of parentage to register the dog...it just has to 'look' like the breed they are claiming it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:40 pm

wow so AKC does recognize NKC stuff for full registration? I just send in my 3 gen pedigree and thats it? or does my pedi have to have a puppy that has a AKC number listed on my pedi?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Are the puppies parents registered with anyone other than NKC?
Back to top Go down
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:53 pm

I was told the grandparents were AKC but the reason they went with NKC was it was cheaper. Realizing it was easier lol not just cheaper.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Hm. I don't think it's a guarantee that your puppy will be accepted. You might call the AKC helpline. My puppy's mom was DNA tested by the AKC because she was imported from Spain. She was registered with a valid kennel club in Spain though. I think calling is the easiest way to find out. Are you wanting to show the puppy?
Back to top Go down
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Kids are wanting to. Honestly, I don't even know if I want to AKC. I was just reading some stuff and I came across that information. Someone on a yorkie site sent in CKC (ConKC) papers to AKC and they registered her puppy because they were able to find lineage to her dog. Her CKC pedi didn't have anything on it showing an AKC number from the past. How do they verify if nothing on the pedi can prove the dog was registered? It is confusing lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Honestly since the grandparents were AKC but the parents weren't it's likely that the breeder sold the pups (that became parents) on a limited registration.  Many irresponsible breeders skate contracts, spay/neuter agreements, and limited registrations by registering the dogs with other registries like the ConKC, NKC, ACA, etc...but yes as long as the dog was registered by another domestic registry, and the AKC can verify it through the alternate registry they may grant registration. If you aren't breeding, and aren't interested in showing I'm not sure there would be a reason to dual register any dog.
Back to top Go down
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. I havent decided yet in dual registration as i wasnt aware i could even register with the AKC. Now that it might be an option, I may do so. My daughter was talking about showing him and with AKC it opens more doors.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:09 pm

If you are considering possibly showing him I would suggest having him evaluated by breeders/handlers to see if there is a show potential there. You can also post evaluation photos in a post here on this site to get some idea if it would be worth it in the long run

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7278-conformation-a-realistic-look-at-sibes-and-their-faults
Back to top Go down
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:25 pm

well he is still very young. He is only 8 1/2 weeks. At what age would he need to be for an evaluation?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Puppies are evaluated by 8 weeks of age to be show quality or not-
Back to top Go down
militaryveteran
Newborn
Newborn

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:44 pm

ok I only these two shots, he is a very active puppy and wont stay still for long. Still in training.

Quick Question 20140426_145358_zps20b29fcc
Quick Question 20140426_145521_zpsfa22f3ee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1