It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarah20
Puppy
Puppy
Sarah20

Female Join date : 2015-11-04

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySat May 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Shiloh at 9 months: 49.4 lbs... at about 23-24" in height. Will this dog ever stop and level off at some point?! lol.. his father is 60 lbs..not sure about his mom but I did see her and she looks about 40 lbs...
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

Male Join date : 2016-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:02 am

Loki is at 21 weeks and 47lbs. I actually had to measure his rib cage last week and he was 26" around at the largest part, i want to say 18-19" at the withers.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:49 am

@HuskyLear wrote:

@HuskyLear wrote:
Wow Vlad went to the vet last night and was 16.46 lbs 8 weeks 4 days! That was 1.06 pounds in a week.

2-29 19.? lbs
3-12 24.3 lbs just over 12 weeks
3-19 26.? lbs just over 13 weeks
we go tonight for another vet visit and some shots! He was growing like a weed and then a bout of diarrhea slowed him down. So we will see where we are tonight on our official visit.

3-26 29.8 lbs!!!!!! affraid just over 14 weeks

Jenah I have the opposite! (only 2 in the whole litter.)

On 5-10 the whole pack went in for weights so Baylin the aussie needs to go on another diet as she only lost 1 pound since xmas here slow movement period and is 62 lbs.
Bourbon at 3.5 years is 58 lbs (but very tall.)
Vlad at 21.5 weeks is 44 lbs.

Alesandra
Newborn
Newborn
Alesandra

Female Join date : 2016-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:24 am

Oh goodness all of these numbers make me wonder if I just have a strangely small pup. She's 19 weeks old now and was still only about 16 pounds. The vet did tell me that she is a little skinny so I'm attempting to feed her more, but around 4.5 months she does seem small for the breed.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:45 pm

@alesandra She is a girl Michelle so expect her to be smaller. Also my Vlad is extra large as he is from a liter of two so he started out huge. I know numerous husky girlies that are in the high 30s as adults!

Alesandra
Newborn
Newborn
Alesandra

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:24 pm

@HuskyLear Okay thanks for the clarification! That's actually what I have been telling people as well based on my limited knowledge.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Yep @alesandra
Height - Dogs, 21 to 23½ inches at the withers. Bitches, 20 to 22 inches at the withers. Weight - Dogs, 45 to 60 pounds. Bitches, 35 to 50 pounds. Weight is in proportion to height. The measurements mentioned above represent the extreme height and weight limits with no preference given to either extreme.

So Bourbon at 3.5 yo is 58 pounds and 24 inches so I would assume he is considered too tall!(the black and white)

But a 30 pound girl of 20 inches is not bad at all. Sounds like that is what you are heading for.

Alesandra
Newborn
Newborn
Alesandra

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:16 pm

@HuskyLear Awesome thanks for the informative post! I very much look forward to seeing what she'll be like full grown Smile She's my first!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:29 am

Vet visit this morning. Mishka weighed in a whopping 67.4lbs. This is the heaviest he's been. It's time to go on a diet.

HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 pm

HuskyLear wrote:

Wow Vlad went to the vet last night and was 16.46 lbs 8 weeks 4 days! That was 1.06 pounds in a week.

2-29 19.? lbs
   3-12 24.3 lbs just over 12 weeks
   3-19 26.? lbs just over 13 weeks
   we go tonight for another vet visit and some shots! He was growing like a weed and then a bout of diarrhea slowed him down. So we will see where we are tonight on our official visit.

3-26 29.8 lbs!!!!!!  affraid  just over 14 weeks

On 5-10 the whole pack went in for weights so Baylin the aussie needs to go on another diet as she only lost 1 pound since xmas her slow movement period and is 62 lbs.
Bourbon at 3.5 years is 58 lbs (but very tall.)
Vlad at 21.5 weeks is 44.6 lbs.

Vlad went in on June 2nd for a weigh in so 24 weeks and he was 46.9 pounds

SonnyM
Newborn
Newborn
SonnyM

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 pm

SonnyM wrote:

SonnyM wrote:
Ahri was 11.8lbs at 7 weeks

She's 16.8lbs at 10 weeks, growing quick

14 weeks, 24.2lbs

16 weeks, 29.7lbs

Today she's almost 17 weeks and 30.4lbs, looks like she'll be a pretty big girl
Back to top Go down
Freyja
Newborn
Newborn
Freyja

Female Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Freyja seems like she'll be a small girl...vet said she looked great though

8 pounds at 9.5 weeks
10 pounds at 12.5 weeks
15 pounds at 15.5  weeks
16 pounds at 20 weeks (elbow surgery in between...she lost weight after)
23 lbs at 6 months

Ragnar is pretty solid already (the 2 are the same height right now)

21.5 pounds at 13 weeks
26 pounds at 20 weeks

Last edited by Freyja on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

Male Join date : 2016-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:08 am

I'm back finally! Loki definitely has slowed down on the growing but since my last update was May 17, its going to seem like a lot. He is hovering around the 60 lbs mark, but has gotten much taller/longer/stronger. For 9 months old, that's pretty big for a Husky. He is still nice and lean, but we want to keep him that way.
Back to top Go down
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Rorschach seems like a lightweight compared to some of the dogs here.

12 weeks - 13.8 lbs
14 weeks - 15.9 lbs
19 weeks - 21.5 lbs

I apparently rescued a runt. Some of the other males here are 10-15lbs heavier than Rorschach. He had a rough go of things though. He was abandoned at 2 months of age and had bad mange. The foster home he was in was feeding him some low grade stuff also.
He's eating good, growing nice and tall, and is pretty muscular though. Coat is looking much healthier too. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 pm

For those who haven't seen them, I've updated the "Weigh In" charts through Mar 2012, I'll add more on a day to day basis (if I have time?)

The charts aren't - by any definition - definitive of anything, they're simply a collection of the weights as reported by members.

Simply trying to help people who come here with "How much should my dog weigh?" by giving them a collection of dogs to compare with.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
melissa89
Puppy
Puppy
melissa89

Female Join date : 2016-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 am

First time posting my pup's weight on here. I'm not sure what his weight was when we got him at 9 weeks. I'd have to look at his papers and they're currently in my car. I'm too lazy to go get them lol. But at 17 weeks he was 25 pounds. Friday at 19 1/2 weeks he is 30 pounds. My baby is growing fast!
Back to top Go down
Michell Holmes
Newborn
Newborn
Michell Holmes

Female Join date : 2017-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I got Anouk when she was 8 weeks old, I took her to the vet 5 days after getting her. So at almost 9 weeks, she was only 5 lbs. Now, at 20 weeks, she only weighs in at 24.1 lbs. Everyone tells me she is going to be really big, but I feel like she is on the small side.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm

My last calculated average weight in this note for 10 female Huskies between 10 and 26 weeks is 29.5 with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 40 pounds (big dog!) so I'd say that your girl is setting nicely within the average. Not too light and not too heavy - 'course, that said, all pups are different!

( I'm off on another project at the moment, I'll get back to Husky weights shortly ... )

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Bear'smom
Newborn
Newborn
Bear'smom

Female Join date : 2017-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't remember all of Bear's weigh-in weights, but here are a few I remember. Bear was born May, 18, 2017. Getting so big.  Sad

9 weeks 14.6 lbs
11 weeks 18.7 lbs
12 weeks 21 lbs
17 weeks 33.8 lbs
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 am

My pup is not at 30 pounds yet she is going on 7 months..
Back to top Go down
Bear'smom
Newborn
Newborn
Bear'smom

Female Join date : 2017-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

huskybaby wrote:
My pup is not at 30 pounds yet she is going on 7 months..

I think that's more normal, especially for a girl. My guy is a big boy!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm

I took Finn to Petsmart yesterday, last time we weighted him at 7 or 8 months and he was 34lbs, he is now just shy of a yr and he was at 46lbs yesterday!!!!

Newborn
Newborn
THE ALL POWERFUL ZEUS

Male Join date : 2017-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am

Zeus appears to be small for his age

8 weeks: 3.8 lbs
12 weeks: 9.6 lbs
16 weeks: 16 lbs
21 weeks: roughly 20-22 lbs

Any one else have a husky this small?
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Zeus is on the small side but he may growth spurt at any moment. The growth will ebb and flow sporatically. Kay was super tiny then started gaining ~3lbs a week. Then all of a sudden she stopped growing. She's been around 30 lbs for at least the last 4 weeks (she's 28 weeks now)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
West Canaan Coyotes
Newborn
Newborn
West Canaan Coyotes

Female Join date : 2017-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Mox was 43.6 lb yesterday and is 7.5 ish months. (32 weeks) It's been a few weeks but the last time I measured his shoulder height he was about 21".

It seems like he is in the norm no?

Mom was 47 lb, dad was 68lb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next