It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Weigh in... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Mishka is 1 year and 2 months and some change and weighed in at 55.5lbs today. Smile

So he's lost about 2-3lbs since his last weigh in. I like him at this weight.

seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Link was 52 pounds this week, almost 15 months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
timscottfal
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 am

Weigh in... - Page 2 IMAG1849_zpsnlxieyhaWeigh in... - Page 2 IMAG1850_zpsad3bge56

This is my boy Maverick. He is 21 weeks old. I weighed him today and he was 41.2lbs. Does anyone know how big he may get?

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 am

Wow, he's big, and super good looking.

Typically you can double the weight at 4 months of age and you'll be very close to where they'll ideally end up.

Does he have any Malamute in his recent history?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 am

There's a dog on here named Lycus who is really tall and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 pounds. Your buddy reminds me of him. You can search this thread for his name to track his weight. His human Rocio is a well-loved regular on the forum.
Back to top Go down
timscottfal
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 am

Thank you for the reply. I will have to look at his dog, I'm very curious. We have a female. I can show pics of her as well. She is a year and 4 months and he's already twice her width. He's not fat, just looks like he's a big boy. But thank you again lol
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 am

No problem. You should post pics, for sure. But start a new thread for you and your dogs and we can all chat there. This thread is primarily just for posting weights and progress.

You definitely have a big boy on your hands.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 am

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 am

seattlesibe wrote:
Wow, he's big, and super good looking.  

Typically you can double the weight at 4 months of age and you'll be very close to where they'll ideally end up.  

Does he have any Malamute in his recent history?

Simon is 4 months and weighs 20 lbs so roughly 40 lbs when grown up?

He is going to be kind of little haha.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 am

I think it kind of depends, Simon may hit his spurt a little later. If I remember correctly, Dizzy was about 26 lbs at 4 months, and has leveled off for the moment at 48, but he needs to put on a couple lbs I think. With the coat blow happening, he looks a little too skinny and I can't see his ribs (too much fur), but I can see the edge of his rib cage.

Certain lines grow and mature much faster than others. Dizzy looked like an adult at 5 months and really hasn't gained much at all since about 7 months, but I can see structural differences. So my point is, Simon may be a bit slower maturing than the others. Do you know how much his parents weighed? That's really the best guess for his adult size.

*edit - also, he was kinda chunky and a little too heavy at that age.
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:28 am

I would have to ask. But they didn't look small if I guessed I would say the mom was around 45lbs-50lbs but some of that was some extra puppy weight and the dad was roughly 50lbs. His Grandfathers are on the big side but one of them does a lot of weight pull.

Jen maybe go look at his pictures I posted yesterday but he still just looks like a puppy to me.

Also Simon is super lean the vet suggested keeping him that way to not over stress growing joints. We keep a eye on his body condition but you can't really see it in pictures because he is so fluffy. To tell how he is body wise we have to touch him cause the fluff makes him look a lot bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah he does look like a puppy still. Smile

Here's Dizzy's scrapbook from around the time he was the same age as Simon. He was born March 1, so in these pix he's 16-17 weeks depending on the date. He still looks puppish, but not as much as Simon does. If his parents were both around the 50 lb mark, I would bet he will be too. I prefer a slower growth, but unfortunately it didn't happen that way with Diz.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:30 pm

12 weeks = 12.6 pounds
16 weeks = 17.8 pounds
20 weeks = 19.4 pounds
24 weeks = 23.8 pounds
30 weeks = 27.2 pounds

Layla gained just under 3.5 pounds in 6 weeks, and today is her 7-month birthday. We were just at the vet getting her weighed and picking up some more heartworm pills and saw an 11-week-old German shorthair puppy in the waiting room. His owners remarked that he weighs as much as Layla, and he was about a third her size, haha. I hope she keeps gaining and filling out.

Weigh in... - Page 2 Photo_40

Weigh in... - Page 2 Photo_41
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Aw! She looks great and is so pretty. I love her, especially her neck markings. I'm sure she will fill out. I really like this thread and seeing how they grow differently. She seems to grow up and then out. Dizzy was the opposite, he would start to look chunky, but then suddenly not be chunky any more and look taller. Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Aw, thanks! She definitely has grown more up than out, haha. I'm sure eventually she'll start to fill out a little more but she definitely has that "racing" type of body just like her mom.

Diz is also fluffier so I'm sure a lot of his "chunkiness" is fur ... although I know you said that now he's blown a lot of his coat he looks like a skinny Minnie, lol!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 pm

I'll have to see if I can post some pix but yeah I have a much better idea of how big he actually is. In the pix I've seen of Layla, I wouldn't say she has a 'racing' body type exactly, I think she is very nicely balanced. Smile I think Roxanne is pretty balanced as well. To me, at least from pix, Arrow is more what I think of when I think of 'racing' dogs. But I like Rachel's dogs a lot, I sort of think of most of them as more working, although I'm completely ignorant when it comes to sledding and racing, so I could be way off. Smile Creek also looks like a racing type, very long body, and long thin, light boned legs. I love the show type, but I'm really starting to fall in love with the working type as well and more than anything I like balance. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:02 pm

I love the working look too. Yes, Roxanne definitely has that running/sledding conformation, and Arrow is very compact. I think she (Arrow) weighs only 35 pounds, and when I first met her she was halfway through her pregnancy and you could hardly tell she was pregnant at all, even though she was carrying six pups! All of Rachel's dogs are awesome. I really love Creek too, and Winner is awesome. He's proven to be a great leader for Rachel this year, even though it was just her first year competing. Arrow, Creek and Winner all come from an awesome kennel in New Hampshire run by Jaye Foucher. She's done really well competitively in New England and is a leader in her own right of the sledding community out here.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 pm

31.5 lbs as of yesterday. (26 weeks old)

This is the right thread, right? Right.

Last edited by AMB on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Haha, you got it!

BTW, at four weeks younger than Layla, Yukon already has more than four pounds on her.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Balto
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Balto is 26 month old and have 28kg

Weigh in... - Page 2 24wg5qc
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Haha, you got it!

BTW, at four weeks younger than Layla, Yukon already has more than four pounds on her.  Shocked 

Yeah, that's pretty creepy...  Shocked 

I suspect it's only because he's a male and Layla is a female, I bet Layla's bro is bigger than Yukon at this point. Razz
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 pm

AMB wrote:
capellalayla wrote:
Haha, you got it!

Yeah, that's pretty creepy...  Shocked 

I suspect it's only because he's a male and Layla is a female, I bet Layla's bro is bigger than Yukon at this point. Razz

Most likely he is. Now, if his parents had stayed long enough at the puppy class we both serendipitously attended and hadn't been kind of aloof, I could've gotten their info and we could've kept in touch and I'd know how much he weighs now! Razz
Back to top Go down
Saraseip
Newborn
Newborn
Saraseip

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:32 am

My Neo went to be fixed yesterday. He will be 5 months in four days. He weighs 30 pounds. The vet said that he is a bit on the small side for his age but he also isn't getting any adult teeth yet. I'm wondering if he is as old as the people I got him from said.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

18,4 kg/40,6 lbs at 25 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

Female Join date : 2013-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm

so samoa is 6 months and 3 weeks old Smile she weighs 28 1/2 lbs.. almost hitting the 30 lb mark Smile only a pound and a half to go!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next