It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How do you redirect your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

How do you redirect your mind? Empty
PostSubject: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

I just had a really annoying conver-argue-sation.... That I feel, I was the correct one. But who doesn't when they are passionate about their opinion.

However I am pretty damned sure I am right.
And these people were, to me, being extremely offended, and ignorant about what I was advising about.

How the Hell, do you redirect your mind from wanting to blow up..... ****TURNING INTO A BITCH HULK****

/end rant
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Hahahaha, Lucy that's tough. I'm gonna show my age. Uggggggg, when I was your age it took every part of my being to not be a B*tch Hulk, today I'm more mellow, I tend to just walk away, shake my head and know I'm right and they are the dumb one who is wrong. Was it online or in person?
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Online... It was a discussion on the H2M2 group... someone was asking about switching flavors with their dogs on food and that they didn't understand why the excrement was runny... so I explained why... and their response was .... "One flavor is not happening. If I can change anything I eat then my huskies and akita should be able to have the same option."

So my response was, "Your runny poops mess then. Dogs are not humans."

And it got worse from there.... to be fair, yes I have given only a portion of the conversation, but I gave you the point at which it went south really.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:50 pm

This is the Original Post

"So I feed all my dogs Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream and I bought two more bags, one was Roasted Venison and The other was Bison, I figured they might like a change. One thing I didn't consider though was easing into a new flavor. All of their poops have turned into mush and I know that usually goes along with drastically changing their diets but I figured changing ToTW flavors wouldn't. Any fixes for this or no..."

From here is it comments. (Only the comments between them and me)
Me- "Keep one flavor. To safley and properly transition, should be done over the course of minimum 3-4 weeks(kibble version).. Put a tiny bit of new in with old. Keep it that way for a few days. Then add a little more, keep it like that for a few days. repeat this process till there is nothing but new food. A quicker way that is also notable, Boil ground beef until cooked. Give about a half a pound to a pound depending on your dogs diet. Then slowly add the new food over the course of a couple of weeks. Don't ever just straight up change a dog's food, especially a husky. They have sensitive tummies and need quiet transitions."

Them-"One flavor is not happening. If I can change anything I eat then my huskies and akita should be able to have the same option"

Me-"Your runny poops mess then. Dogs are not humans."

At this point other people are also chiming in their opinions, one of which was adding canned pumpkin, which is a great suggestion...

Their next comment- "Hence why I'm asking how to fix, I know when my pups get bored of their food, just didn't know you had to transition for the same brand."

Me-"I am not trying to be an angering person, I am just being informative. Huskies cannot have rapid food changes. They will get used to having the luxurious notion that if they turn their nose up to the food you provide then getting them a new food just teaches them that you will provide new flavors. Stop spoiling them and stick to one food, one flavor. It will work if you just stick it out... A dog WILL NOT starve themselves... My dog did this to me once as a puppy.. she didn't eat for 2 and a half days, then gave up because I didn't give in, and she ate, and she has NEVER given me that issue ever again. Just don't give in to spoiled beggers and you will be fine."

Them-"Stop spoiling my dogs?
I can't stop laughing."

Them-"And I don't intend on changing it up everyday or month or whatever, they've been on the same stuff for a year now, change is okay I think."

Me-"As I said, your runny poop mess. Not mine."

Them-"Now you're just being angering"

My Last statement-"Look I was just trying to be helpful, you're the one that isn't choosing to use my advice, which is perfectly fine. That is your choice. I am just trying to say if a change in a dogs diet isn't gradual then you're upsetting the dogs stomach. You can't change flavors within a brand, because it is in fact different ingredients, so it still has to be gradual. I am sorry. I nor anyone else on this good green earth can change the anatomy of your dog's digestive system."

Their last statement to me-"I'm done"

I at this point don't really care if I am right or wrong, I just hate people that seem ignorant and not open to opinions when they f***ing asked for them..... whatever. Blah.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Ahhhhh, gotcha,

First not to sound duh, but say with me I feed my girl TOTW and I switch from bison to bird with no problems. Hmmmm, though I agree with you and would have taken your advice.

Now to the problem at hand, ah yea I would be where you are, dogs are not humans, and would have went off. They obviously asked for advice, you gave it and they were the one that escalated the situation not you. You can't fix stupid, no matter what. This is the only place that I have decided to add my two cents, people here seem at least reasonable. If they don't agree chances are it remains civil. I really do pick and choose what I say, because I've seen internet shouting matches and quite frankly life is too short to deal with ignorant SOB'S who don't want to listen, they are for the most part faceless people that you will never meet. On the flip side, being its a H2M2, you might meet this person, so I would just shut them down after speaking my mind and then be poof, gone.
Wish I had an H2M2 near me. we're thinking of getting a second husky so she isn't so lonely for a fury friend, the cat aint doing it for her, lol. I was going to do a thread to pick the wonderous minds here, but am afraid of the holy crap that may get slung at me, so I have stayed pretty much silent on the subject, for the same feelings that you have atm.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 pm

You posted at the same time, and funny thing is, I feed ground burger mixed with 1 cup of TOTW, she does fine, with pumpkin here and there. I think it's because I feed her so little kibble that it doesn't upset her. I have read that changing flavors within same product was ok. But once you explained the different ingredients, totally makes sense. They even have different protein content between flavors. Again Lucy you can't fix stupid and you were right.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:15 pm

This was the national H2M2 group so it is unlikely they are a Michigan member, which I am apart of the Michigan one as well.

Here is the Texas one Smile https://www.facebook.com/groups/H2M2.Texas/

Thank you for your insight and responding to my rant. Yes I agree that it is possible for some dogs to be okay with quick transitions on different flavors. But not each dog is created equal, and it would seem that this person has the issue that they can't just be up and changing the food regardless of the flavor/same brand ratio ... Like in my opinion... "Hey dog, want a different flavor? Here have a treat!"

Usually I never have this issue on the H2M2 groups... but I guess with every great thing come a downside once in a while... and as you said, I really have most of my husky related conversations here, because at least here if I am disagreed with, it is an intelligent, non-violent, conversation that I will actually learn from, rather than get steamed up from...
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 pm

I mean I see where I could understandably fueled a fire. As I stated from the original post, I was being blunt. And sometimes, some people just can't accept bluntness.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Being tactful yet blunt is where I'm at, i guess. I had a very strong and empowering mother, I take after her, from NY too, lol. People here(Texas) don't get me and quite frankly I'm ok with that because my stupid person tolerance is not all that high. I'm not on facebook, so that may be why I never noticed the H2M2, although I imagine it's located in Dallas, too far for me. Thank you for the link though. Passion is good, just got to know where to fling the poop. Seriously this is the only place I go and interact with people. I stalked this place for awhile before joining, too make sure the dumb scale was low. Haha
I am at home all day so I read a lot on huskies and dogs in general. Up until I joined I did everything on my own with Miya, It was not easy at all. So glad I found this place, but at times, like I said, I tread softly. I don't want someone mad at me, because there may be a time I need that particular person to help me.
Thank you back for my rant. I have had a poopy day dealing with back woods country folk, who haven't a clue.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Now the person along with others are mocking me.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:39 pm

I think I diffused the situation with smart words and smart choices. Hopefully it is over now.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:34 pm

In the future, it's best to just avoid internet debates altogether. No one wins and it just ends up being a good way to waste away days (or weeks) severe friendships, ruin reputations, and get feelings hurt. If you feel that the situation is escalating then it's best to just take a break from the group or site for a few days. That time is better spent watching a movie or reading a book anyways. Only engage in conversations where you are 100% sure that you can keep a level head. As the saying goes "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." Wink

Last edited by AMB on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks Aiden Smile It is hard sometimes to defect from situations like those, then when you find yourself in the middle of it, your mind wants to esssplode. Thank goodness I have a fur baby to cuddle that happily lets me burry my face into her back when I need a hug.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Good words Aiden  Very Happy 
Lucy, after my last post Miya and I took a walk, saw her horse friends. Got home watered my tomatoes, while husband and Miya took a ride in our new old jeep. I felt way better too. It's hard to bite your tongue at times, it makes you the better person for doing it.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:47 am

Btw, no offense please to the "back woods country folk" statement. There are many benefits to living in a community that is stuck in 1955, like my husband trading a rifle for a jeep that actually runs and has tires, Smile  health care is not one of those benefits. Sad 
Back to top Go down
TwistedTale
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2014-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 am

Gah at least you guys don't have to deal with the sheer amount of stupid I do on a daily basis. I work fast food and let me tell you there is nothing like customer service *shakes head* It is so hard not saying nasty things to people who are being nasty to you for no reason. And Lucy it sounds like you were trying to be nice and they just didn't want to hear anything that went against what THEY wanted.

BTW I look forward to meeting you and Okami and the other Michigan folks when my boy is big enough. *sigh* RIght now he isn't even big enough to come home yet. The 14th has never felt so far away.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:41 am

This kind of thing is why I quit facebook. I don't have the energy to deal with people like that, but I can't help feeling sorry for their dogs.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 am

I totally understand where you're coming from! I admin our Louisiana H2M2 and there are many times where I'd like to reach in the computer and shake some sense into the person (or people) on the other side.

I never can understand people who ask for advice and when you give it, they don't want to even consider it. Not worth dealing with imo.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you redirect your mind?   How do you redirect your mind? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you redirect your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1