It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Memphis GSD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

Memphis GSD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Bump for Renee Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Jane, thank you. Yes his tail was rat like, haha. You said he didn't like swimming, but when he was younger he did get in the water, hmmm. Sofie wants to jump in Miya's pool, she's too short tho, haha. Interesting on gsd lines, much more pronounced than husky lines. Memphis indeed looks like he will not get much taller, or lighter, and will just fill out some. He is much more stockier of a build compared to Sofie's parents. I can't remember, is he from more of a show line or work line? With Sofie, it is more of a work line, although the breeder wanted to get back to a more balanced line, and has bred show with work. So unless I measure Miya again I would say Sofie's mom is at the top of breed standard at 24 inches, so Miya would be closer to 23 inches at the withers. Miya weighs, when heavy, at around 65 pounds, and Sofie's mom around 75. BTW, with Sofie's tail, I think the oddity of hers is because it is very light in color, where as Memphis' tail is pretty standard all black. Great pics, and I am so glad you have them here, so I can go back to them as she grows.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Np & I know i used to put him in the pool on the step and he enjoyed it with the hose..then all of a sudden he decided he hated water he wont go near the pool I've tried to get him to walk in..nope lol i have no idea. Lol aww poor Sophie
I agree just fill out. He is working line, maybe thats why he is a bit more stalky show lines are super thin/tall. Yeah his parents were almost smaller than him i remember meeting them, so i think he done growing in height. I think 70-80s is the norm i havent weighed Memphis in awhile last time i did he was about 75 so i can imagine hes about 80. He not even fat lol its all muscle or something, i feed him three cups a day. Ya shes got that sable color going on i love bi colors. Lol they go through a pretty funny adolescence takes lots of pics so you can go back and say "she was so small!" Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I will take tons of pics. Today she is 13 weeks old. Actually work lines are the longer leg, show is more of the roach back, short. From his pics, his mom seems more of a show line, and dad work, that is imho, similar to Sofie's lines. To me a much healthier dog, so I think we both ended up, with great dogs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Aww growing so fast. The gsd i saw recently at a show was super tall and yeah arched back thin long face. Id have to ask, i know they have titles of some sort probably schuzhund. She showed me i just forgot! Imo thats a terrible pic of his mom, i wish i took pics of them when i was there..
Im glad you found a breeder out there Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Well maybe someone in the show world has finally opened their eyes. I read an article a while back, on the deliberate breeding of the roach back, sorter leg show lines. This was to curtail the ability of gsd's desire to climb 8 foot high fences. I say it almost ruined the breed. Funny, Caroline has a great article posted up on her FB page, I may post the link to it, all about huskies and the divergence of show and working lines of the husky, very similar to the gsd. It was said on both breeds, that if nothing is done, there would indeed be 2 different breeds, since show and work dogs need to be balanced, and for a long time they haven't, except for some select breeders. Interesting read. I'll post it up in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memphis GSD   Memphis GSD - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Memphis GSD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Pack Members :: Scrapbooks-