|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2015-06-10
Location : Garland, Texas
|Subject: General question/advice Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:51 pm|| |
Hi new to the husky forum and husky ownership I was unsure where to put this so please redirect if possible.
My husky Riley is 12.5 weeks old and has been with me about a month some things I've observed and I have questions about are below any information would be nice.
1. Riley likes to wake up several times in the night he sometimes goes outside to do his biz and sometimes he just lays down there.
Some things I've done to prevent this is walking/running him just before bed (he does his business during the trip), I also try to limit water intake after a certain time but he still seems to have to go. We also move him and his crate (which he doesn't potty in) into the room with our other dogs which seems to have helped some but we still have over night issues sometimes every three hours sometimes less occasionally he makes it through the night. Any ideas?
2. He has been eating purina pro plan puppy food but likes to eat what our other dogs eat which is still a purina food that can cross over when moist with water for puppies.
Something's I've done is picked up the food, tried to feed at the same time with our other dogs. I'm not too concerned here because he continues to gain healthy weight. What I am concerned about is occasionally he will not eat much of anything at all. I think it's because his energy stores are still high and he doesn't require more food but we typically try and feed him twice a day while the other dogs get fed just once (technically they all graze) because the food is up and down.
Are these situations something he will grow out of or should we be doing something here any help would be awesome.
Join date : 2015-05-19
Location : manteca, ca
|Subject: Re: General question/advice Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:32 pm|| |
welcome the forums
Leo when though the same thing, he did grow out of it at about 4 months
. hes probably to warm and his trying to cool off a bit Leo still dose that now an then but only during the warmer months.
i would try feeding 3 times a day, until six moths old. not sure if all huskies self regulate like Leo did at 4 months, he started eating 2 times a day
I would also watch the consistency of his number 2, if its watery you might be overfeeding him. and may need to adjust, i had to do that too
. I was so worried, but that's what my breeder tolled me.
Purina brand food is not the best food to feed him i would try Taste of The Wild high prairie puppy, i had Leo on that for about a year. very good food, now i feed him Dr. Tim's Kinesis All Life Stages Formula with some home made food.
Join date : 2015-06-10
Location : Garland, Texas
|Subject: Re: General question/advice Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:49 pm|| |
I have thought about that cooling portion as well we are in Texas and we are getting into our hot summer months it's over 90 right now at 6:45p. I know from things I've read huskies tend to graze, which would stand to reason with his eating habits I like to call it drive by snacking on the other dogs food lol. Oddly we have changed his food fairly often so his stools have been all over the place which probably doesn't help much but again all the food he takes in can be eatin by puppies so I'm not too too worried just yet. I will look into the foods you recommend as well as I'm curious of the happenings those foods give compared to others. He also does tend to pant a fair bit late in the evenings which I'm assuming is the cool down feature.
|Subject: Re: General question/advice || |
|» Heat only once a year?|
by Lostmaniac Today at 4:15 am
» The Desert Pack
by amymeme Yesterday at 5:13 pm
» No winter furs still.
by stray Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:16 am
» Help! Laylah is so itchy!!!
by Calgary leah Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 am
» Its wild to me how well humans and canines cohabitate.
by Lostmaniac Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:11 am
» Lower lip rash.
by stray Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:51 pm
» Why is my Husky so big? Is he part malamute?
by Husky Guide Expert Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:36 pm
» It's Shootin' Season and the Big Boy Ain't goin' Out...
by TwisterII Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:02 am
» Recall Information
by Lostmaniac Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:19 am
» Bombproof does not mean tank proof
by Lostmaniac Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:25 am
» Possible reason(s)
by Windfishin Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 am
» Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old
by amymeme Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:33 pm
» Lost my Nanük
by RAHUSKY Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:18 pm
» In memory of Loki
by RAHUSKY Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:36 pm
» Is She A Husky?
by Lostmaniac Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 am
» Feeding Routines
by TwisterII Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 am
» 52 weeks of Zeus the GSD
by Lostmaniac Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:39 pm
» My Beloved Murder Floof
by Lostmaniac Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 pm
» [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG
by TwisterII Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:40 am
» Hello from svmsmith08 and Laylah!
by Svmsmith08 Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:53 am