It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Dog On The Way

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

Female Join date : 2016-02-10

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:03 pm

After a year of asking for a German Shepherd of his own, my son finally got his wish. A local newspaper was advertising GSD puppies, and I called the breeder. The dogs listed in the paper were sold, but she had other puppies available. My son and I drove out to her place and took a look. My son chose a 2.5 week old mostly black female out of a German champion. The father was truly stunning! He was deep red and black. The breeder said the puppy my son chose would be the same color. The mother was all black and had a wonderful temperament. Both parents had great OFA scores. My son is very happy and can't wait for his puppy to come home at the end of May. So now we're going to have five dogs in our house. Shocked Thank goodness three of them are under twenty pounds! I wonder how my husband will handle it when we get one more Husky in August? LOL
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:41 am

I couldn't imagine having 5+ dogs in the house. I would like to see how it feels to have 3 but probably never will. You are very brave. don't know how you keep up with all of them.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Congrats Jessie...first gsd? Got to see pics, haha. Sounds like he is a show line, yes? most of the reds tend to be. I'm with Jenn couldn't imagine 5 dogs, haha. Though have been thinking on dog number 3. If you have never had a gsd, fyi, very much like huskies the first year, and same possible tummy issues. Again can't wait to see the new baby.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 2:03 pm

congratulation on your new addition, wow 5 fur babies how do you keep up with them lol, i have also thought of add one more but we need a bigger yard lol.
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 4:30 pm

This will actually be our second German Shepherd. I was resistant to getting another one because our first one was kind of neurotic and I'm concerned that it'll happen again. Realistically, I know that the first German Shepherd we had came from bad breeding, but it's something that tends to stick in my mind and, honestly, taints my perception of the breed a little bit. But it's my son's favorite breed and he's been consistent about asking for one the last year. So after a lot of thought, I decided to go ahead and get him one. I told my son he's going to use the umbilical method of training for the first year,or at least the first 6 months depending on how its training comes along.

5 dogs actually isn't a big deal. Once you have 3 dogs in the house, one or two more really doesn't make much of a difference. The highest number of dogs I've owned at any given time was 7 when I was doing rescue work in Arizona. It was pretty easy, and we had a pretty good schedule for keeping everybody in line and making sure they were all cared for properly. I absolutely love being surrounded by dogs all day!

One of the conditions of my son getting his own German Shepherd is that he has to show it. The father was absolutely beautiful! I'm expecting the puppy to look very similar to him, although a little bit more feminine since it is a girl, and I think she'll do fabulously in the show ring.
Back to top Go down
Stefanie Miles
Teenager
Teenager
Stefanie Miles

Female Join date : 2015-10-06

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:25 pm

My grandmother used to have five dogs in the house. They were awful! They were little Jack Russel dogs, and they yapped and skittered all over the wood floor. They drove me insane. You must be a very patient person. Congrats on the new addition! Sounds beautiful! Cannot wait to see pictures!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Stefanie Miles wrote:
My grandmother used to have five dogs in the house. They were awful! They were little Jack Russel dogs, and they yapped and skittered all over the wood floor. They drove me insane. You must be a very patient person. Congrats on the new addition! Sounds beautiful! Cannot wait to see pictures!

That's why I like huskies...no yapping. They may talk back, they may trash talk each other but no yapping. And they are big enough, you know where they are, so no tripping lol!
Back to top Go down
Stefanie Miles
Teenager
Teenager
Stefanie Miles

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:09 pm

I'm a big dog type of person. She slept with them all in the bed, and I really don't understand how she had room for all of them, plus my Grandpa. She had four Jack Russels, one little mixed breed, and outside she had a GSD and my Beagle.
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't think I could handle one Jack Russell, let alone five of them! Shocked

It helps that each person in the house has their own dog, so it's not like my attention is being divided four ways (and soon to be five ways). I have my two dogs, my daughter has hers, my husband has his, and soon, my son will have his. So each dog gets regular one on one attention with their owner. It works well. Smile

Until you get a Jack Russell. Why would you ever do that to yourself? LOL
Back to top Go down
tunez33
Newborn
Newborn
tunez33

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Congrats! Need photos of the new pup and his father as soon as you can!
Back to top Go down
Stefanie Miles
Teenager
Teenager
Stefanie Miles

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:53 pm

I know! They were sweet dogs, mostly, but they were very needy. We just have the one husky, and I am still waiting for my new baby one to be born. She just refuses to have them. Lol
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Here are some photos!

Kenney sleeps with Kage every night. Sometimes he gets frustrated with how much attention she needs, but overall, he loves having his own dog. He says he would skip the puppy stages if he could. I told him I would too! I'm one of the few people that prefers adult dogs over puppies (although puppies are adorable).

New Dog On The Way 13320510

Suka has taken her under his wing. He loves to play with Kage! I watch them run around the yard for as long as they're outside, and Kage likes to use this wheel barrel as "base." She'll run around in a circle in the yard and then race to the wheel barrel to lie down and it's like she's shouting, "Base! Base! You can't tag me!" It's adorable!

New Dog On The Way 13325510
Back to top Go down
Stefanie Miles
Teenager
Teenager
Stefanie Miles

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:41 pm

So cute! <3
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Kage is adorable! Can't wait to see more pics
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 2:30 pm

amymeme wrote:

That's why I like huskies...no yapping.  They may talk back, they may trash talk each other but no yapping.  And they are big enough, you know where they are, so no tripping lol!
Um Vlad is not small and he is constantly trying to trip me when I cook dinner.

Nice looking pup can not wait to see how Kage and Suka get along as he grows

whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Her ears are starting to stand up more and more each day. Kenney is going to miss her "puppy flaps," as he calls them. She is shaping up to be a very good dog.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 am

I'm jealous! I won't be getting my GSD until fall/winter time! She is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 3:43 pm

very cute pic.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm

HuskyLear wrote:

amymeme wrote:

That's why I like huskies...no yapping.  They may talk back, they may trash talk each other but no yapping.  And they are big enough, you know where they are, so no tripping lol!

Um Vlad is not small and he is constantly trying to trip me when I cook dinner.

lol! If the dogs are in the house and I am cooking dinner...they lay on the floor about a foot from the stove. If I did not have the island to keep them from the kitchen triangle, going to and from the sink, fridge and stove, I am sure I would be tripping over them. But, at least I would see them coming!
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 5:11 pm

My dogs love to be in the kitchen when I'm cooking. I'm a messy cook and have a tendency to drop bits of food on the floor. We spoil each other. I don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess, and they get a tasty treat! The only time I stop them is if it's something they can't have for health reasons, like onions or garlic. Thankfully, neither one tastes or smells very good (to a dog), so I find the dogs aren't interested in them anyway.

Not too long ago, I made stuffed peppers. When my husband was walking from the kitchen into the dining room, his pepper rolled off his plate onto the floor. Lucky for him, I made an extra pepper, so while he retrieved a new one, we set the dogs loose and let them clean up the mess. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dog On The Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dog On The Way   New Dog On The Way Empty

Back to top Go down

New Dog On The Way

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-