It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Updates on Sully

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Updates on Sully - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:37 am

Awww...poor Sully but he's in the best hands.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 am

Poor boy, it's just one thing after another with him. Thank goodness he is in Dr Miller's care, couldn't ask for anything better. So does that mean he will just have to live with it as is and stay on pain meds for the rest of his days? So sad all that poor boy has been through.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 am

Huskyluv wrote:
Poor boy, it's just one thing after another with him. Thank goodness he is in Dr Miller's care, couldn't ask for anything better. So does that mean he will just have to live with it as is and stay on pain meds for the rest of his days? So sad all that poor boy has been through.
It sounded like Sully will be on pain meds for the remainder of his days. But he seems to respond well on medication. His age and the condition his liver is in simply does not make him a good candidate to get that CCL repaired. He's been through a lot, but he is loved dearly from the entire Miller family, especially the son. He has good days and bad days. And even though his bad days are more, he still has a spark in his eyes and a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Thor2123
Newborn
Newborn
Thor2123

Male Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Wow I am nearly speechless this is so awful but I'm sure like they've said he was nothing but a blessing to them through thick and thin. Its an amazing story with ups and downs but still shows what a do (husky) can do in our lives. I'll be praying for them all, thanks for all the updates I will be sure to check it often to see how its going
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Poor Sully Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Look who made to the huddle on Saturday...SULLY!! He's about 12 years old now, and he looks great and doesn't walk with any hitch in his step!

Updates on Sully - Page 3 Husky_16

Updates on Sully - Page 3 Husky_17

Updates on Sully - Page 3 Husky_18

Updates on Sully - Page 3 Husky_19

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 am

I saw the pic in your Fartbook post on the meet and thought I like the coloring of that guy. Didn't know it was Sully, he's looking really well.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 am

Awwwww! Sully! Love that little guy! Smile So happy to see him doing so well! bounce
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Sully SO happy and healthy! His eyes are bright, and he carried a big smile!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 pm

I just got an update today on Sully.

He has had good days for the most part and some not so good days on occasion. His mom never really gave me updates unless I saw her at the vet clinic, but today, she sent me a message saying he wasn't drinking and didn't want to eat, not even his favorite steak and she was scared.

She took him to the office and gave him fluids. He finally perked up and was alert in the middle of the second bag of fluids, and jumped in the car to go home.

A few minutes ago, she sent me another message saying he is again not interested in his favorite dinner, and is now starting to have bloody diarrhea.

She is trying to keep him around until her kids come back from camp because they were away when Sheena and Toffee passed, and they feel like they failed their last 2 dogs. The kids would feel horrible if they weren't there for Sully. However, Dr M will not keep him around if Sully has to cross the rainbow bridge.

I asked to have the opportunity to also say goodbye, however, I will completely understand if there is no time, and I have asked for her to give Sully a big hug and kiss for me.

Sad
I only had Sully for 2 weeks before Dr. M adopted him, but he has a special place in my heart, and as I write this update, my eyes are filling up with tears.

For those who has followed his story from the very beginning, I know he has grabbed a small piece of your heart too. He is, and will always be, very special to a lot of us for different reasons.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 pm

I love you Sully

I have some pictures of him from the last 2 meet ups I will post tomorrow. I gave him lost of love the last 2 events just incase his time was near. Love that big old guy.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:57 am

Sad Awww Sully. His story really touched my heart from the beginning. How old is he now, Claudia?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 am

He is 12 years old now.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 am

Aww, poor Sully, he touched my heart as well. Sad

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am

Aw poor Sully..
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Sully!
Updates on Sully - Page 3 2011-112

Updates on Sully - Page 3 2011-113

Updates on Sully - Page 3 2011-114
in the front, just one of the pack Smile

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:07 pm

I just came back from visiting Sully.

Despite 2 blown CCLs and a tumor, he has stuck around for 2 years and has been as happy as could be.

Today, he laid quietly in the back room at the vet's office. 
He has lost a lot of weight from the last meet up only a month ago when I saw him.
I brought a package of dried fish jerky and at first he turned his nose up at it.  But then a few minutes later, he would eat small pieces from my hand.

He is not the Sully I know.  He still has a little spark in his eyes, but it certainly are not as bright as they once were.  Dr. M knows it's time, and she is pretty sure Sully had given her 'the look' on Sunday but she just hasn't decided if it's tonight, or tomorrow or a couple of days from now. 

He let me pet him for the entire time I visted, and I gave him a big kiss and hug.  On my way out, he got up to walk me out.

I'll miss him dearly.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Sully is amazing...
After I visited him, hubby went to visit him that afternoon before the vet clinic closed....

The next day, I got an update, and will all the love he has received, and the few special treats, this boy has rallied and started chomping on his food the next morning and was about, looking a little more lively than the day before.

We still do not know how much time his family has with him, and they certainly won't prolong his life for selfish reasons, but it's just not quite his time just yet....soon, but not yet...

Bless his spirit...he has such a sweet and gentle soul...

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:25 pm

I wish i could meet this dog. He sounds amazing! Stay strong sully!!!!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Eric,
If you met him from the beginning, you will be amazed...

He was supposed to be my foster for about 8 months while his original family got their house built and while they were living in an apartment.  They were supposed to give me full authority to care for him.  When I picked him up, he was limping they said, 'He's just old and stiff in the joints.'

Well, I took him to my vet, who is now his mom, and found he had a blown CCL.  When I called his original family to let them know that he is not 'just old and stiff' they said don't do anything and we'll let you know what we decide.  A few days later, they said they were going to pick him up that Friday and will put him to sleep.

That's when my vet said, 'Oh no.  It's not his time.  We will adopt him and love him.'

Since then, vet-mom found he had a tumor in his kidney the size of a softball which did not just grow over night, and then he also ended up with another blown CCL (the other leg).  Through it all, Sully remained bright-eyed and happy.

It's now been a little over 2 years since...and he is now 12 years old.

Sully is simply amazing.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Sully warms my heart!  love that big guy

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Any updates on sully?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 pm

The last I heard was that he was up and playing the day after me and hubby came by to bring him treats and hugs. Prior to that day (last Wednesday), he hadn't had much to eat; just a few nibbles here and there and wasn't even interested in his favorite, ribeye steak.

I brought a bag of Ginger and Storm's whitefish treats and at first he wasn't interested, but then once I got him to take one little piece, he wanted more and ate the whole bag. The next day, he was up and playing softly with Tika (another husky in the pack).

I had 2 bags left of those fish treats (100% whitefish, dehydrated, nothing else) and asked hubby if he had time, to please drop them off for Sully.

As far as I know, he's still around and has been feeling a little better. He managed to rally yet again to stick around for a few more days....

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Awsome! If you get any more news please let us know
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Updates on Sully - Page 3 2011-117

Sully was having fun hanging out at the meet up on sunday Smile

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Updates on Sully

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next