It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Heather's garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heather88
Newborn
Newborn
Heather88

Female Join date : 2016-09-13

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 pm

This is sort of a neat idea to share other hobbies and be able to get feedback on them. This is my garden from this past summer that my wonderful hubby built all my garden boxes for me. Now this is pre-husk you so will have to see how it fares next summer. Kiba has managed to reach into my strawberries and eat off some of the bad ones that I haven't cleared off yet though....
I love vegetable gardening and being able to enjoy the fruits of my labors. It is completely fenced off from the rest of my yard with a 6 foot privacy fence and has bird netting across the top of it. So I have hopes things won't get dug up since the dogs only go out there with me when I am working in it.
Heather's garden Img_0515
Heather's garden Img_0513
Heather's garden Img_0516
Heather's garden Img_0514
Heather's garden Img_0517
Heather's garden Img_0518
Heather's garden Img_0519
Heather's garden Img_0520
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Beautiful garden! I wish I had a green thumb...but I'm too afraid of spiders and bugs.

What kind of veg are you growing?
Back to top Go down
Heather88
Newborn
Newborn
Heather88

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:27 pm

This summer I planted strawberries and raspberries which will come back in the spring assuming the survive our brutal winters. Then I had basil, parsley, cilantro, mint and lavender for herbs. Marigolds interspersed to help deter rabbits. Cantaloupe and watermelon, zucchini, potatoes, cucumber, green beans, peas, carrots, several varieties of peppers, spinach, romaine, kale, and celery. Probably going to switch it up some next year, especially with how much of each I plant.
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Oh wow, that's quite a variety! Didn't realize you're in ND. I have a coworker who's husband coaches hockey for a university up there. You definitely get the husky approved winters!
Back to top Go down
Heather88
Newborn
Newborn
Heather88

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Yeah I started my peppers inside 3 times this spring cuz my cat kept pulling them up and eating them once they got about 2 inches tall! And then he would go and puke too!
I can't wait till Kiba sees the snow for the first time either. Shouldn't be too long now have gotten a couple good frosts already, yet somehow the mosquitos are still hanging on. I was bitten by one just last weekend!
I have 3 boxes 5 feet square, the raspberry box is that size too but with a cut out so it's more C shaped, and then 5 boxes 2x6 feet, and then one 3x5 for my strawberries and one 3x6 feet. All in an area 25x17 I believe. It is where the garage used to be many years ago so most of it is chunks of cement still so we built 2 foot high boxes so everything would have plenty of root space.
We got several downpair rains this summer as well and my yard flooded and the garden area flooded some, but my plants were all safe since the boxes drained down nicely. Some coworkers lost parts of their gardens to all our rain.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:33 pm

That is an impressive garden, I love the boxes!!! I just recently bought a rasberry bush, I hope it does well.
Back to top Go down
Heather88
Newborn
Newborn
Heather88

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 10:52 pm

Our raspberries were so delicious this year too! Make sure you have some bird netting unless you are ok with losing a lot to the birds
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 9:49 pm

beautiful garden, we had a raspberry this year but Leo and my mom eats the all(there was only 3 of them) ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heather's garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather's garden   Heather's garden Empty

Back to top Go down

Heather's garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1