|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
What are some well built car crates for husky transportation?
Join date : 2016-05-29
|Subject: What are some well built car crates for husky transportation? Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 pm|| |
I have been told that Impact and Gunnar make very good quality crates. The former being metal and the latter being plastic. I browsed both their sites and the crates look beautiful. These are definitely not your Big Box store crates.
I am looking for something lightweight and that would accommodate a fan attachment mod. I don't know how often I would use it for flying, at these price points, having it meet airline specifications would make sense.
|Misty Mia Husky|
Join date : 2017-09-19
Location : Indiana
|Subject: Re: What are some well built car crates for husky transportation? Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:41 pm|| |
I tend to buy only one crate per dog and use it as an all-duty crate -- That is, the same crate serves as the dog's training, household, and car-and-plane-transportation crate. I'm a big fan of the Impact Case Stationary crates. They're accepted by most airlines (especially the ones that prefer metal bolts and fasteners on crates) and they're relatively light for what they are. They are VERY expensive, but they definitely make up for it in quality and sheer durability. The crate should last forever.
One thing to note about Impact crates -- If you have a dog that's a very determined chewer or determined crate-buster, this crate is strong enough to stand up to just about any dog's efforts. For that reason, Impact crates are popular with owners of escape-artists or dogs with very destructive separation anxiety. However, dogs have been known to break their teeth trying to get out of these crates. If your dog has ever succeeded in breaking out of a less-durable plastic crate and has therefore convinced himself that he can bust out of ANY crate with enough effort, he's at risk of losing a fang or two trying to bust out of this one.
Join date : 2013-07-07
Location : Irvine
|Subject: Re: What are some well built car crates for husky transportation? Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 pm|| |
I have two Impact crates, and they are awesome for keeping the dogs at bay. I went with this crate because Ajax demolished a regular crate when I left him in an unfamiliar place while house sitting...poor guy. However, If I were to do it again, I would probably buy the Gunnar.
1. I bought the Impact crate before they came out with the crate made for separation anxiety, and Ajax definitely did a number on his teeth trying to get out. If I was going to buy from them again, I'd get the separation anxiety model.
2. It has no drain holes. Not sure if they fixed this, but come on.... cleaning out puke sucks when there are no holes, and it gets trapped under the lip of the door
3. Not insulated
4. Not crash tested
5. I can't fit a chew proof bed to fit this. I've tried some tough beds, and they get ripped to shreds. I would LOVE to put a new crate Kuranda in there, but the Impact is an odd size.... I doubt I could get a Kuranda in the Gunnar, but at least they have different pads I could try.
|Subject: Re: What are some well built car crates for husky transportation? || |
What are some well built car crates for husky transportation?
|» Annnddd... Another husky gets a date with fire and rescue ????|
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 6:27 pm
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Yesterday at 11:03 am
» Empty your mouth and put down any beverage you maybe drinking
by Liv_Skye Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:22 pm
» Buying in bulk???
by Kaliska Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:19 am
» Husky Energy!!
by Lostmaniac Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:50 pm
» Help us name our husky!
by Liv_Skye Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm
» Hi! I hope we are welcome :)
by bellalove656 Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm
» Ami! You're FAT!!!
by jbealer Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:29 pm
» Cancer vaccine attn ppl in colo cali and Wisconsin
by jbealer Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:09 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by Liv_Skye Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:21 pm
» Calling the vet on Monday
by aljones Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:53 pm
» RE: Crazy Play Time
by Liv_Skye Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by aljones Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:35 pm
» Spider being spider
by aljones Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:33 pm
» Regular diarrhea and stomach issues
by Windfishin Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:18 pm
» Amy's Folly - The Garden Adventures
by Lostmaniac Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 am
» Sigh. Our Dogs are All Getting Older
by amymeme Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:56 pm
» Critical Neighbours
by Lostmaniac Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:42 pm
» Epilepsy in husky
by Windfishin Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 pm