It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

puppy advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoBolts
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2017-11-11

Puppy - puppy advice please Empty
PostSubject: puppy advice please   Puppy - puppy advice please EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Our little fur baby Kiko is 11 weeks old. In the past week or so he has began chewing everything that he can grab hold of. I chalked this up to being a puppy but I'm worried that he is going to harm himself. Also, he has began biting us, sometimes very hard. I'm pretty sure that he is playing but sometimes he does seem to be acting aggressive.
I would greatly appreciate any advice/help. Also, are bones ok for a puppy and if so what are some safe/healthy recommendations?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: puppy advice please   Puppy - puppy advice please EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:55 am

This is typical puppy stuff Smile I preferred giving elk or moose split antlers or plain cow ears, or a bully stick. Raw bones are safe as long as your pup is a chewer not a gulper and not a heavy chewer (they can break teeth if a heavy chewer). The softest bones are chicken thigh bones or chicken feet and with anything always supervise.
Back to top Go down
GoBolts
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2017-11-11

PostSubject: Re: puppy advice please   Puppy - puppy advice please EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Thank you very much, Renee Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: puppy advice please   Puppy - puppy advice please EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 2:43 pm

You are very welcome GoBolts! If you go the raw chicken route, I didn't emphasized but cooked bones are a huge no, you may want to remove any excess fat and skin and build the pup up on the fats, it can produce diarrhea since their systems are sensitive. Smile Have fun, they don't stay little for long. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: puppy advice please   Puppy - puppy advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

puppy advice please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1