It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What Colour Is My husky pup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 6:51 pm

Liv_Skye wrote:
We are a bunch of crappy groomers😂
lol! lol! lol!

I don't know about you but I could be a decent groomer if I didn't have chase him all over the house! And ride him like a buckin' bronco, holding on with one hand and trying to brush with the other 🙄. I really ought to find a spot to put up a grooming arm with restraints!!!
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 5:21 am

I know right! I feel like I could be a pro bull rider after this lockdown😂
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Im quite talented with clippers when i have a behaving subject. I do jerrys hair about every 2 weeks and i used to do designs on my show horses to make them stand out a little. And i clipped an american flag on a bull for a parade. But that was a corner her in the bath tub and hold her up and clip. Im gonna fix it.. i cant take her in public looking like she lost a fight with a weed wacker.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 5:50 am

Okay another change in Apollo’s coat, he’s fur is going banded and he’s starting to get a light red brown coming in!! The Light reddish brown is coming around he’s ears eyes and around he’s leg.
What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 820ef410
What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 2b851410
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Yup thats sable/wolf grey spider has the red areas. When shes in the sun she has stunning copper highlights...in the shade she looks dirty. My guess is he also has the black ear tips that get lighter as they move away from the tip and edges.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Yeah he does, so after 5 months of trying to guess what colour he is can we now close he’s case as Sable wolf grey😐😂
How are you all doing your end aswell?
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:06 pm

So far so good. But tourists have started coming so that may change in a few weeks. How is the uk
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:14 pm

We've "opened up" the motels / campgrounds are open. Our restaurants are at 25% capacity - which means it's order to go only. Our state and federal parks are still closed up tight!! We've had a few tourists come in but with the parks closed they leave about as soon as they get here.

For now, I'm okay with that. We need the tourist dollar, we don't need to get sick because of it and so far we've had one positive case in the county and they're still trying to figure out how that person caught it. (( Sounds a lot like a false positive to me! ))

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 3:47 pm

So my hubby's son has his tattoo studio open in Austin again. So the national forest never really closes. Sometimes they shut the gates. Its the 2nd bad tourist season in a row for the town. Last year they closed the rio grande and we still had 12 idiots drown.

Its fishing and rafting season now
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 3:51 pm

Here in the UK, every things the same we are in lock down still, and we haven’t left the farm in 9 weeks!!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:39 pm

WOW i couldnt do that but jerry hasnt left the house since January except to go to the dentist.

Americans as a whole are really really hard headed. This pandemic thing happened before in 1918 and 2020 wont be the last time it happens. It happens to be on the same path ie things start to not be as bad, restrictions are lifted then a few weeks later its the 2nd wave. Im just so sick of misinformation and lies and congratulations to people who breed labradoodles.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Cockapoos over here!! Worth more than gold!! I know but I’ve got to think about my family I live with, I think I’m the only one who doesn’t have a health condition! And my niece who I live with has not long been out of the hospital with sepsis, I dont think I could like with my self if I lived but bought it back to my family and one of them didn’t survive!! We are getting a second wave here, people are getting all ancy about staying in and are starting to go out again and we are having another rise in cases,
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Tbh I happy staying in, my husband is home alot more we take the dogs for a walk, we’ve got a pool table in a shed and we’re now playing a few games and with indoor fire and a jukebox
But we are fortunate because some people are just in a flat with no room at all,
You have got to count you blessings!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:03 pm

Jerry had a seizure last night and hit his head. Thats usually when we go to the er and its the first seizure since sept 2019 so as bad as it was 2 or 3 a year is way better then 2 or 3 a day but too worried about covid to go to the er. I think he got a hairline fracture right below his elbow but same issue. But yes its the worry of bringing it home even though i am high risk.

We have been trying to walk the dogs. It took alot of convincing to get them to walk past the truck and then to get them off the property. I realized spider needs splinter so much more then splinter needs her. Squirt has been having some issues that im trying to figure out how to fix. Im 99% sure its behavior and not medical issues but for the last 2 months even if i let her out every hour on the dot she is peeing on the carpet in her bedroom. Its pissing me off
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 4:59 am

I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope he’s okay now? I know it is a worry! But as long as we stay sensible i think we will be okay! Please god!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Hes very bruised but otherwise fine. Its an april thing i swear. No last time he had a major seizure and we had to call 911 was april 19. The ems captain looked it up he also had one april 18 and april 17. Its way weird.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 3:55 pm

@LostManiac Is it your birthday or your anniversary that occurs in April??? Smile

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Neither birthday is October 19 anniversary is march 5. April 2017 we closed on the house and he had a major seizure about 30 mins before paperwork signing. Face planted at the shaw creek rest area. The blood is still embedded in the sidewalk. Then signed papers then went to the er
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Sorry to hear about the seizure, Emily. Hope his bruises heal quickly.

Our county has been COVID-19 free for 3 weeks. We meet most of governor's criteria for reopening, just need testing capacity and contact tracers. I worry about late spring and summer, tourism is a big business around here.i don't want people to go broke but I also would rather not be exposed to this disease.

Staying home all the time is giving me lots of time to cook. Popovers, blueberry muffins, peach cobbler, corn bread... I've found new gf baking mix as well as I stocked up on my old favorite. Not to mention chicken parm, garlic shrimp pasta, peanut noodles. Chocolate mousse. Ugh. Not. Good. I also found an additional 15 pounds!!! Wearing sweats all the time shield you from reality Sad

So. Foot permitting, I'll be pounding the pavement. Already cut my portions in half. Sigh. Why couldn't I have inherited the scrawny genes like my sister Linda. Instead of the see food, expand derriere like the Barnes side Sad
Stay safe, people and enjoy the quiet.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 3:03 pm

We just had a big spike in alamosa at the mushroom farm. Im 1 county over but everything is in alamosa or pagosa springs. Being super careful. And i also gained a bunch of weight. This time of year i usually take squirt hiking almost every day but mineral county is asking people not to visit and snow is blocking some roads so the open and accessible trails are way too busy.ive had way too much bonding time with my playstation 4.

We have like 0 testing capabilities. And social tracking doesnt work where cell phones dont work. Colorado is being secretive about anything related to covid at least in the san luis valley.

Jerry is mostly better now but spider is still glued to him so either hes going to have another one or something else is wrong. Trying to explain to a doc that you know something is wrong because the dog is acting weird doesnt usually go over well.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
 Trying to explain to a doc that you know something is wrong because the dog is acting weird doesnt usually go over well.

My grandpuppy, Archer, was the first to notice my DIL was in labor. Son called, said Archer was acting really weird, following DIL around, would not leave her alone and, oh, she was having a lot of contractions but didn't thing they were the real deal. We sent them to the hospital. After picking up the other grand kid.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Yeah im 100% sure jerry is not in labor but its crazy what dogs can pick up on.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
Yeah im 100% sure jerry is not in labor but its crazy what dogs can pick up on.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 8:57 pm

"Trying to explain to a doc that you know something is wrong because the dog is acting weird doesnt usually go over well."

Just read this to my hubby. After a second, with a look of consternation, he said"get another doctor."
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:46 pm

Lol so true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Colour Is My husky pup   What Colour Is My husky pup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Colour Is My husky pup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2