It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! Empty
PostSubject: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 3:25 pm

Hey everyone, a little frustrated right now as the title says.
I have an intact 2+ year old who is potty trained and has not had an accident for the longest time until about 4 months or so ago.

Now every other week or so he would pee inside on the same carpet(expensive) I have and I'm not sure what to do. I would walk him in the morning around 8 then he would usually pee around 12, when before he could hold it for 6+ hours. He would also only pee if i left the living room or no one is insight.

I'm confused because he healthy and no issues, he has not had an accident in over a year+ and he definitely can hold it for 6+ hour, and it's only when no one is around. And no, he has not been harshly disciplined as in yelled at or rubbed his nose in pee either.....He also sleeps in the living room and holds it in overnight too!

He has also started peeing inside when it starts raining or thunder storming, even after I have taken him out to pee earlier.

Any help is appreciated, I can usually tolerate a lot of stuff, but this is frustrating, especially when I know he can hold it in.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 6:28 pm

So the rain/thunder issue is probably anxiety. For that maybe a thunder shirt or a tv/radio on loud in a room with no windows during the rain storm.

On the peeing on one specific rug, did a child or other animal maybe pee there first and its a marking thing? Try the natures miracle advanced (red bottle) then steam clean the rug really well and then maybe try some of the no more marking stuff. As long as he smells the pee, it will continue.

With squirt we ended up putting a tarp over the one area. Last week we ripped up the carpet and had vinyl put down. She has not peed on the floor since.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 6:30 pm

I do think some of your problems could be solved by neutering him
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm

My impression with almost all the dogs I've had is that something has changed for dog to change his behaviour.

If he was reliably able to hold it for 6+ hours (I presume while you were at work?) have you recently started working an extra couple of hours a week?

You'll note where I've commented on my dogs 'alarm clock' and dogs do live according to a schedule. If you're working more or maybe coming home later That might be the cause ... look at where you might have changed your schedule.

The other note is that this is the type of change that makes me think a vet visit is in order. Male dogs also get UTI's and they get painful but there are also all sorts of other things that may result in (hopefully temporary) incontinence.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 pm

That was why i thought the spot on the carpet could be a marking thing. And then this goes along with what you said al, about something medical but maybe your dog is trying to show you something is wrong in his own way.
Back to top Go down
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Darn it! Today he had an accident on the same carpet after only an hour later from coming home from a long walk, when I left the living room for a bit.

He has now urinated on the same carpet about 5-6 times in different areas. I think he can smell the pee on the carpet, because I have only been using dish soap and detergent to clean it.

At this point I think I may need to throw the carpet away, because he was had too many accidents on the carpet.
........Well there goes my $200 plush carpet Sad
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 12:47 am

Natures miracle makes stuff for steam cleaners. And the andvanced in the red bottle works really well also. Since its apparently a rug and not a carpet you could have it professionally cleaned. That said i ripped my carpet up and put down vinyl planks because of spider.

I would try that no marking stuff before i threw out an expensive rug. well i wouldnt own an expensive rug but if i did i would try cleaning it with an enzymatic cleaner and then spray with no marking stuff before i decided to toss it. I tend to buy either cheap stuff or used stuff and just replace it every few years. It makes my life easier. And that has less to do with dogs and more to do with hubbys colostomy bag. Between him and spider im really really good at cleaning up crap (literally) and the natures miracle advanced has saved my mattress and the couch and the front passenger seat of the truck and my sanity.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 pm

Ditto lost maniac. Get the nature's miracle etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!   Please help, adult dog peeing inside?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help, adult dog peeing inside?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1