It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Tell me about this breeder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

Tell me about this breeder Empty
PostSubject: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Hey all! Iposted here a couple years ago while we were researching huskies and different breeders. Now we feel that we are ready for a husky kid! We found this breeder in Russia and she has one male available. He will be imported to Germany and that will be his home. The breeder is Togos Life kennels. Has anyone imported from this kennel?
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Couldnt find it BUT i also dont speak russian and did not go as far as circumventing us firewalls and the whatnot to try to access a russian browser. Normally i find things like that fun, but after what russia supposedly did with solarwinds, for now that is a risk not worth taking.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:01 pm

She was recommended to me in a husky group on facebook that promotes reputable breeders. It appears she actively shows her dogs too.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 pm

the pedigree

Tell me about this breeder Khan_l11
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 pm

Very pretty dogs. Is it hard to import from Russia? Ive only done international dog import once and that was from Israel to the usa
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 pm

Are the puppies coming from dogs that she is currently actively showing and do they show well, as in do they have titles to prove that they are holding up to breed standard in the ring? I can take my dog to a show but if I'm not getting wins or titles then all I'm doing is taking the dog for fun and not proving my line. I can't tell from the pedigree whether any of those dogs are titled. That is something I would do a little research on. Showing is a good sign. Most people don't invest in the show ring if they aren't bringing dogs worth the time. As for importing I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like Germany makes the dogs sit in quarantine but you will have forms and paperwork to make sure that get done on both ends, shots, and certificates, and microchips, etc.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Okay, now, I'm pretty good at finding things on the internet but this has me completely stopped.

A search for "Togos Life Kennel" bring up plenty of things about Togo and Balto but nothing about a kennel.
A search for "Ivan Nikitov" brings up more than I really want to wade through but none that seem to have anything to do with Sibes.
A search for "Ivan Nikitiv Orenburg Russia" bring me to bumkis ...

The flier looks pretty but without more - a lot more - to back it up, I'd be very careful. Can you give us a link to FB that show them ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 2:23 pm

@aljones there is also the issue of accessing anything russian at the moment. You would need an international vpn or use tor to access russian google. But i do agree about being careful

Edit: im fairly sure this is the Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/people/Иван-Никитов/100005685242230

Last edited by Lostmaniac on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 2:30 pm

Found the breeder on a fci page also with a win in 2019 so they do show.. and at least place (cant read russian)
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Okay, let's see how diplomatic I can be ... I agree that's Ivan's page.  If you scroll down there it shows one<?> of his dogs in the agility class <!!!> The dog did wonderfully till about the third obstacle from the end when she jumped a hurdle that wasn't there ... oops!  (( scroll down to Sept 19, 2019 it's well worth watching ))

Two comments, one about the dogs and one about the breeder.  I always have a problem with breeders who are breeding more than one breed (can I get "breed" more into a sentence?) of dog.  Ivan seems to have several - and I'll give him credit, he does seem to be working them all.
Maybe I've become too accustomed to the American / European Huskies, but there is something about the facial structure of his dogs that bothers me.  They look more "wolfish" than I'm used to.

While he might not be breeding to sell, too many of the pictures on his page are of dogs from his litters who are for sale ... that might not be a bad thing, but it tends to turn me off.  I'd still like to see a web site for him.

(( and all of the above ignores the fact that there is a group interbreeding GSD's and Huskies in Germany and Russia ... now that's an interesting odd combination. ))

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Someone here is crossing one of spiders full siblings with great Pyrenees and st bernards. Both end up strange looking.

I agree they look wolfy but i know different regions have slightly different standards. Our chinese TM was perfect by Chinese and European standards but had several things that in the united states we either considered faults or just undesirable.

We dont have alot of top huskies in this area. They are either puppymill or pet quality or they were bred to work so not really uniform in type.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 7:30 pm

I’ve googled them from here and same thing just a lot of wiki about Togo and balto and movies of them.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 8:35 pm

It's hard sometimes when things are in a different language that has a different character set. I had to set firefox to include non English sites. Once i did that i was able to find some stuff.

I dont know about russian but Google translate is useless but very funny when going between English and Hebrew or english and kurdish.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm

In response tp the wolfy looks compared our American and even Canadian bred huskies....My specialty area is German Shepherds. The American Showline GSDs looking COMPLETELY different Than the German bred dogs. Different faces, different structures, Same standard but the way the standard is interpreted in the 2 countries is different. I personally do not like the way the American bred GSDs look and I own a Working Line GSD bred to the German Standards. Maybe the Russian standard is interpreted differently and they just like a different type over there. As for the breeder of this litter the person we talked to is Margarita Nikatova.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 3:09 pm

The brother and littermate of the sire of the litter we looked at has many titles. This is a dog she owns I believe and that she used in a recent breeding. His titles are: Gr. CH. Rus, Ch Club, JCh Russia, Champion Russia, Champion RFK, BIG*4 BIS. You Can find him on her facebook page...I will post her page. He is also on the Siberian Husky Database.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 3:17 pm

https://www.facebook.com/margarita.nikitova
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 6:00 pm

I personally like the wolfy look. I have a Czech lined gsd. Everyone remarks about his looks, several people have wanted to use him as a stud, but genetically and medically, breeding him would be unethical.

Its not just dogs that location matters so much. Thoroughbred horses for example if you have an american tb, an Irish tb, and an English tb in the same barn, you would swear it was 3 entirely different breeds of horses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about this breeder   Tell me about this breeder Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me about this breeder

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1