It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Any Pedigree nerds out there?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

Any Pedigree nerds out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySat May 22, 2021 1:32 am

Hello, If any other fellow pedigree nerds are out there I would like some input on our puppies pedigree. I don't know much about this breeds bloodlines yet and would love to learn through our dogs pedigree.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySat May 22, 2021 1:52 am

Dams Ped: http://ingrus.net/husky/en/details/47676

Sire: http://ingrus.net/husky/en/details/47678
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Is this Russian version is KC cause the dads mum parents are unknown? Or is this a website where any one can register they’re dog?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:57 pm

@Liv_Skye if you go to thebase domain I thin you'll find that this is a hosting site for what amount to Russian Puppy mills.

Oh, there might be interest in others dogs and breeds but from my reading this is nothing like any of the Kennel Clubs ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Liv_Skye wrote:
Is this Russian version is KC cause the dads mum parents are unknown? Or is this a website where any one can register they’re dog?

dads father and mother are not unknown. its there. minus the parents of holli they just were not inserted. Breeder actively shows all her dogs in confirmation through the russian kennel club.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:07 pm

aljones wrote:
@Liv_Skye if you go to thebase domain I thin you'll find that this is a hosting site for what amount to Russian Puppy mills.

Oh, there might be interest in others dogs and breeds but from my reading this is nothing like any of the Kennel Clubs ...

Isnt it just another pedigree website like pedigree database or working dog.com where even puppy mill bred dogs can be inserted so long as they have a pedigree of some sorts.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm

This sight isn’t kennel club though, and it’s not a official site it’s actually letting me put my Dog (Apollo) in as the dad to holli. So that’s a bit of a red flag!! I think this site is like @aljones said a place we’re puppy millers can make them seem “official” sort of like AKC I think?? Over here you can just register your dog. If they are KC the parents of Holli will be known and be on the KC website.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Also Apollo has zero paper work and it’s letting me add him.
Also to a KC and pedigree dog Hollis parents would HAVE to be known.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Liv_Skye wrote:
Also Apollo has zero paper work and it’s letting me add him.
Also to a KC and pedigree dog Hollis parents would HAVE to be known.

They are known just not inserted. This is just a database, like pedigree database for German shepherds, that does not have affiliation to a kennel club.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:21 pm

But it’s not a pedigree data base because it’s letting me insert my dog which has zero pedigree paper work. There’s no checks. Also have you seen KC paper work for those dogs? Because if you have you can go on the KC website and put they’re names in and you’ll get a lot more info on there. About how many litters they have had, what health checks they have had and a lot more information. Also this website is letting me down load the lay out to make my own pedigree family tree? I don’t know though I just wouldn’t trust this website, if your buy a puppy of them purely of this website I would give it a miss but if you’ve already got a puppy I wouldn’t worry about the pedigree just enjoy your pup x
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Liv_Skye wrote:
But it’s not a pedigree data base because it’s letting me insert my dog which has zero pedigree paper work. There’s no checks. Also have you seen KC paper work for those dogs? Because if you have you can go on the KC website and put they’re names in and you’ll get a lot more info on there. About how many litters they have had, what health checks they have had and a lot more information. Also this website is letting me down load the lay out to make my own pedigree family tree? I don’t know though I just wouldn’t trust this website, if your buy a puppy of them purely of this website I would give it a miss but if you’ve already got a puppy I wouldn’t worry about the pedigree just enjoy your pup x

I already have the pup...I have his RKF and FCI papers......I understand how these databases work, however this one just might not have an admin team actively deleting dogs and pedigrees that put in unofficial information like most databases I have used. I simply wanted information on our puppies bloodline. Most pedigree databases will allow you to insert whatever you please until the admin team deletes your fake/improper information.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Please don’t take this the wrong way but like I really don’t understand?? If you have all this paper work for him why are you asking us about he’s blood line?

And actually all legit data bases have to approve the information before it goes live.
@aljones want to come in here ... I’m really confused😩???
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Liv_Skye wrote:
Please don’t take this the wrong way but like I really don’t understand?? If you have all this paper work for him why are you asking us about he’s blood line?

And actually all legit data bases have to approve the information before it goes live.
@aljones want to come in here ... I’m really confused😩???

Maybe the Siberian husky community is not big on bloodlines like the German Shepherd Dog Community is Smile

I want to know because bloodlines actually play a important rule in breeding (Not that this is our plan) and bloodlines usually play a role in your dogs genetics. For example, His pedigree shows a bit of linebreeding.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:11 pm

I know how important blood line is and genetics as my friend has a poodle stud and he’s had all he’s test PRA Hip and Eye and everything in between and he’s KC reg and when you put he’s KC name in the kennel club website all he’s test come up. But my question was if you have all the paper work for him and you have he’s parents KC name, why are you asking us about he’s blood line (why not ask the breeder?) and why not go to the KC website and put they’re names in and get all that information there?
Like I said every thing will come up down to how many litters litter size, what health test the parents have had done they’re scores, which would make more sense if your looking into he’s blood line and not a bunch of strangers who dont know your dog or it’s breeding?
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Just nevermind....I will stick to the continuing gaining knowledge on my personal breed.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 8:35 pm

@Bella99  My guess is that you're from Russia - though your written English is better than mine.

My guess, also, is that a good part of the confusion comes from your question about blood lines and then showing us a site that seems that it's not really interested in verifiable lines.  You say that you have papers on your Husky so you should be able to track his pedigree back through the RKF. But I'm not sure that that's what you're really asking, you already have my comment about the referenced website.

I think that if you talk to your breeder you'll find that most Husky breeders are very cognizant of the bloodlines they're breeding together and are just as concerned about legitimacy as any other breed - GSD's included.

I know that I didn't intend to 'send this down the rabbit hole' and apologize if my first response led us that way.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptySun May 23, 2021 8:51 pm

No sir, I am from the US and imported the husky for my boyfriend since I have purchased dogs from reputable breeders and he has not done that before. Just wanted to ask some husky enthusiast to see what information they could add based on any knowledge of the dogs in his pedigree. His dam has many dogs from some well known kennels here in America. Also, another reason I asked here was although our breeder speaks English well it can still be a little difficult to understand some things with the language barrier. Still appreciate the responses though. If I can finish putting together his pedigree on pedigree database or find an American database version for huskys I will post it here. We still appreciate all your responses though. Oh, and of course we have asked our breeder some questions on his bloodline. Should we find anything interesting we can share it here with the members.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:51 am

So where is it i can look up german shepherd stuff? Akc charges for pedigree lookup and info.

I have seen HUGE breeding/bloodline mistakes on very official thoroughbred databases. Best example was my mare take flight. Listed a full sister to her dam as her dam and when i clicked her sire clever trick his pedigree wasnt right. When they expanded to include quarter horses i went to look up irish both by name and by aqha number and to this day it claims she never existed. So cant trust a database at face value.

@bella i understand wanting to know more about your bloodlines. In some breeds there are lines to avoid and its more word of mouth that you will get that info if its not directly medical related. Particularly temperament issues. There is a wolfdog breeder in Oregon whos dogs are known for turning on their people and when i got spider i wanted to stay very far away from any dogs related to dogs from that kennel.
Back to top Go down
bella99
Newborn
Newborn
bella99

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:28 am

Lostmaniac wrote:
So where is it i can look up german shepherd stuff? Akc charges for pedigree lookup and info.  

I have seen HUGE breeding/bloodline mistakes on very official thoroughbred databases. Best example was my mare take flight. Listed a full sister to her dam as her dam and when i clicked her sire clever trick his pedigree wasnt right. When they expanded to include quarter horses i went to look up irish both by name and by aqha number and to this day it  claims she never existed. So cant trust a database at face value.

@bella i understand wanting to know more about your bloodlines. In some breeds there are lines to avoid and its more word of mouth that you will get that info if its not directly medical related. Particularly temperament issues. There is a wolfdog breeder in Oregon whos dogs are known for turning on their people and when i got spider i wanted to stay very far away from any dogs related to dogs from that kennel.

Pedigree database is most common. Working dog.com is the best but it is not free
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Pedigree nerds out there?   Any Pedigree nerds out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Pedigree nerds out there?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1